logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Buck-Ti
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:30 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Ive been running my PloBuck squad in some practice games but ive been hitting some trouble vs Kyle and Lancer so here is my revamp.

51 Yoda on Kybuck
47 Shaak-Ti Jedi Master
33 Captain Rex
23 Captain Panaka
9 R2-D2 Astromech Droid
8 Mas Ameda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Rodian Diplomat
x3 Rodian Brutes
x2 Uggies

Shaaks 24D vs Force Users and her stealth help keep her up and her double reposte on a Pawned Lancer kills it. I use a little bit of damage output by dropping Plo but i think the tradeoff is worth it. I need to pick a map for this and i need to get some practice but i think this will do really well. Comments?

Post subject: Re: Buck-Ti
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

I'm not sure if you want a Lancer map (Rancor pit). With only one override, I don't think you want Bespin. Maybe Jedi Temple or Grand Plaza?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:24 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Engineer wrote:
I'm not sure if you want a Lancer map (Rancor pit). With only one override, I don't think you want Bespin. Maybe Jedi Temple or Grand Plaza?

He's got two in there :) Shaak Ti is a nice piece against the Lancer because she get's cunning if it's pawned first. (Make sure you remember that). That way, even if you manage to miss the repost on one attack, you still likely hit it for 30 on the other - preventing it from strafing Shaak again on it's own turn (or risking it's easy defeat).

Now, my real question to you, is if you think Shaak and Rex are better in the meta than General Skywalker and Dash. I'm not sure what trouble you are having against Kyle, as you aren't really CE dependent with your builds, and yoda doesn't have that much of an issue with disruptive in terms of swapping, so maybe you can explain. Shaak can one shot the lancer in some cases, whereas Sky only can do 40 to it, with two made saves and attacks. But the increased range of Sky, the increased damage early and late in a round and the CE make him the better choice overall to me. Dash obviously replaced Rex in a squad with Sky's CE, so I'm not sure there's much more to compare in that way (obviously without any CE's no reason not to use Rex over Dash - as evade isn't nearly as important as the ability to hit at a higher attack and damage).

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:43 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Mainly shaak to deal with mara. Mara needs 8s to hit shaak, 4s to hit skywalker. I do agree that 60 on the run from 10 away is great on skywalker. Dash with Momentum is nasty i think i will try both builds they should do pretty well.

Shaak's power is she doesnt rely on saves to attack back, im horrible at making djem so's for some reason :)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Except that Shaak has no real defense against Mara, whereas Gen Skywalker has LS Defense, potentially allowing him to avoid damage from one attack. Shaak's extra HP could help her in that regard too though.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:35 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I've been running your Plobuck squad at some regionals, and other than a play error on my part, I have had no problems with Lancers. Try using 2 more R7's and a Gran for your reinforcements against Lancers if you win map. :D Heck, thats become my preferred since the Chiss refused to hit anything.

I haven't played Kyle, but my lone New Republic Victor (same build premise) came from bringing in the Quadruple override on his Throne Room map. I gallopped from the left and took out dodonna and all his door control, sacrificing Yoda. From there I locked all the doors to Gambit, outactivated, unlock, tow Plo, kill, swap, lock, repeat.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:51 am 

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
I haven't played Kyle, but my lone New Republic Victor (same build premise) came from bringing in the Quadruple override on his Throne Room map. I gallopped from the left and took out dodonna and all his door control, sacrificing Yoda. From there I locked all the doors to Gambit, outactivated, unlock, tow Plo, kill, swap, lock, repeat.

You are supposed to reveal reinforcements before rolling for map. Now, that doesn't mean you still can't do what you suggested, but it appears as though you were giving yourself an added advantage that isn't legal. If that is not the case, consider it a clarification for anyone who might be confused about your statement (and I'm certainly not saying you were cheating on purpose either).

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:54 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

billiv15 wrote:

You are supposed to reveal reinforcements before rolling for map. Now, that doesn't mean you still can't do what you suggested, but it appears as though you were giving yourself an added advantage that isn't legal. If that is not the case, consider it a clarification for anyone who might be confused about your statement (and I'm certainly not saying you were cheating on purpose either).

Nah, it was done correctly, as his map is part of his squad. I saw the advantage in it right away. I think I actually won that map roll, but saw the abuse in his map and picked it, knowing I would get shunted to the left.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 am 

billiv15 wrote:

Nah, it was done correctly, as his map is part of his squad. I saw the advantage in it right away. I think I actually won that map roll, but saw the abuse in his map and picked it, knowing I would get shunted to the left.

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure. Also, a valid strategy in a situation like that is to pick the "worst" case reinforcements that you want on your opponent's map, and in the rare situation where you are actually better off playing his map than your own, should you win map, you pick his/hers :)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:06 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The squad basicly runs on yoda and rex killing things. The third attacker is up in the air and can really be filled by anything. I feel that shaak is better cause she can survive an assault with her 130hp skywalker is good cause yoda can do the 30 damage on the end of the run which means tough pieces like Princess Leia by putting 30 on her then killing her with a normal gallop. Plo is good cause he can sit on someone and basicly draw fire or make them take 40 damage if they draw the aoo.

I like the premise of yobuck squads, i havent seen him really played in a regional yet (i may be wrong on that). I think really any one of those options will perform well its just down to which one i want to pick you guys have an opinion?