27 Han Solo, Smuggler
27 Ferus Olin
27 Lobot
20 Princess Leia
14 General Rieekan
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
09 General Dodonna

(9 Activations, 200 Points)

So, with Lobot, up to 15 activations. Obviously, loses a lot of mobility without Luke RC's levitation, and no Disruptive scares me a tad. But could this work? Force Push was popular last year, but I think going straight up Force Push is dangerous, and too easy to be thwarted by well-placed Mice/Ugos.

Obviously, Yoda would Light Tutor on Han, and then probably have Anakin attached to Han as well so he gets Renewal. I find that I often miss attacks with Ferus when he's not using Dark Temptation, so that's why I've got Anakin in here rather than Obi. Plus, Mettle for Leia on re-rolled attacks is awesome too. And I like the possibility of giving Ferus MOTF 2 when Yoda dies, for more freedom on using Dark Temptation. :)

Yoda adds some nice options for shutting down things like Levitate, Assault, etc. if necessary.

The real question being....is this more powerful than the other Rebel builds out there? My current favorite is the one StriderRe80 ran at our Regional, my 'Dark Temptation' squad (http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=77431), so that's mostly what I'm comparing it to right now.

Would it be better to run this sort of thing with Yoda FS and try to work in some Disruptive? You lose the Light Tutor for Han, but not much else.

Post subject: Re: Rebel Mix
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:07 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

deri ran the yoda/han idea in Michigan but it was more the luke RC squad. He didnt have luke hoth lobot or anakin he had erc/crix/Luke RC filler. He went 3-1 with it losing to Jasons Double Lancer. This was before anakin was around though.
Luke hoth with push and the mettle should work.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, the Lancer or Thrawn swap squads are the toughest without any Disruptive in this build. Luke RC makes getting to those Lancers so much easier. Though it's nice to have Luke HPU's auto 40 damage to wipe out a pawned Lancer if you can get LOS on it. The problem with this particular build, is that outside of using Ferus to just bodyguard a ton of damage, there's no way to keep the squad alive against a build like Jason's Twin Lancer. That'd be 120 damage in one round, that would only be stopped by poor-rolling.

So, as soon as I finished posting that, I was thinking about possible alternates, the most important of which, would be to get some Disruptive in there. I'd really rather work in R2PO or Crix for the added HP, but I'm just not quite sure how to do it. But here's another option I cooked up:

35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
28 Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
27 Ferus Olin
20 Princess Leia
20 Yoda, Force Spirit
14 General Rieekan
09 General Dodonna
08 Juno Eclipse
09 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
03 Mouse Droid

(13 Activations, 200 Points)

Probably attach Yoda to Zuckuss in this build, to give him the Mettle to help make Snare Rifle more reliable. Two Accurate shooters is nice. Zuckuss gives a little bit of Yobuck defense as well. Still has trouble with Lancer squads a little, in particular ones like Tim's with a ton of activations AND San Hill. I think this could handle Jason's Twin Lancer build for the most part, utilizing Disruptive and Ferus' Bodyguard as much as possible. Then let Han blast the Lancer as he's able to with Opportunist.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

To be fair to Deri's build, I really should have lost to him at Marmalade dog. A miss by Han needing I think a 7 and a miss by somebody else needing something like a 3. If he hits either of those I lose.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:16 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

urbanjedi wrote:
To be fair to Deri's build, I really should have lost to him at Marmalade dog. A miss by Han needing I think a 7 and a miss by somebody else needing something like a 3. If he hits either of those I lose.

Yeah, I didn't realize till a little bit ago today, that your squad didn't have San Hill in it. Granted, you have a lot of activations, but not enough to out-activate a full blown Rebel squad, unless you've taken out a lot of fodder already. So, odds are, with Luke RC on the other side, and the crazy range of Levitate + Han's Movement + Leia's CE, means it's not that difficult for Han to take out one or both Lancers in a single round.

Honestly, it's Tim's Lancer build with San that worries me more than anything, because he out-activates, and THEN does Strafe, effectively keeping the opponent from hitting the Lancer at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:

Yeah, I didn't realize till a little bit ago today, that your squad didn't have San Hill in it. Granted, you have a lot of activations, but not enough to out-activate a full blown Rebel squad, unless you've taken out a lot of fodder already. So, odds are, with Luke RC on the other side, and the crazy range of Levitate + Han's Movement + Leia's CE, means it's not that difficult for Han to take out one or both Lancers in a single round.

Honestly, it's Tim's Lancer build with San that worries me more than anything, because he out-activates, and THEN does Strafe, effectively keeping the opponent from hitting the Lancer at all.

It's weaknesses have been shown. But I agree - against most Rebels, I think my Lancer build has the edge. Shaak Ti is what would crap in my cereal.