logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Darth Wyyrlok, III
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Here's Darth Wyyrlok, III, from the Star Wars Legacy comic series. His main focus is Sith sorcery (in various forms) and lightning in the comics.

His CE stems from his actions in the series. Darth Wyyrlok find Darth Krayt badly wounded after a battle with Cade Skywalker. Rather than help his fallen master, Wyyrlok kills him. With all of our Sith CE's, we're trying to bolster the faction, which is sorely in need of decent commanders. This one should work nicely in conjunction with Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith, or with our version of Darth Maleval.

Hassat-durr Mastery comes from the "Fate of the Jedi" novels. In one, Luke learns the ability to avoid Force lightning. We figured that for game mechanics, mastery would also avoid activation.

We've begun casting a slightly modified version of Mas Amedda for the figure. I'll post pictures shortly, but the gist is you cut off his staff, adjust the arm so it rests across his chest, attach a saber, and paint. This will probably not work for most people, since Mas is relatively expensive, so we suggest using the Chagrian Mercenary Commander. If enought people are interested, we'll create an alternate version of this card with appropriate art.

Any thoughts on the cost? We are a bit unsure, mainly because he's not a bad-ass fighter, but he's definitely slippery and his CE is good.

Anyway, let me know if it looks good or if it needs some tweaking.

You can find our custom cards here:

DARK SIDE's Custom Minis Thread

Some cards have been updated recently after play testing, so check it out.

DC

Post subject: Re: Darth Wyyrlok, III
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i like him, i think he is very well put together. the only things i think i would change would be take away illusion, but add a more powerful force lightning to him.

<(^^)> (>^^)> <(^^<) ^(^^)^
dance, kirby, dance.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:03 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think he at least needs a double. Every other sith in his cost range has a double and can do more damage with rage or poison. I think you either need to add a double and still lower his cost by about 5 or add a double and add a better lightning. I like illusion on him.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:22 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Is he supposed to be Non-Melee? And I agree that he needs something like Double Attack for his points.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:41 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

jedispyder wrote:
Is he supposed to be Non-Melee? And I agree that he needs something like Double Attack for his points.

Oops! He's definitely supposed to be melee. Double attack sounds good. We debated giving him multiple versions of lightning, but decided to make his abilities a bit more varied.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:07 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I think it looks great well done effort and right on about most people not wanting to modify a mass for him I would be more inclined to use the merc commander instead or at least his upper body would have to look around at soem pieces but I am sure it wouldn't be to hard.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:53 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I think he has the same problem most sith have, he's overpriced for a neat set of abilities. He's much more appropriately priced in the 40's, akin to Malak. Malak is a much better beat stick but this guys got sorcery and doesn't take damage from his own lightning. I'd say either 49 or 50 would be a more appropriate price.