logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Mara Jade, Assassin
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:30 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

A decent Imperial Mara Jade. Most of the stats come from the mini I made the other day and posted on here. I thought about putting these stats (minus Emperor's Hand on Kyle Katarn, but I figured the NR have enough minis similar to what this mini offers--> she can be on NR squads, but she will probably be more utilized with Rebels or Imperials. The one thing I left out was the cost. I don't know how I want to cost her, especially with her having access to Imperial and Rebel CEs.

The picture of Mara Jade took the longest. Although I did not do the entire picture, I made some major changes to the pic I used, and I actually like this pose of Mara much better than the original picture (the original picture shows her squating in an awkward position).

Any thoughts on what I should cost her?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by lonescout on Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mara Jade, Assassin
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:14 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I'd go for.. 68.

Just imagine pairing her with Thrawn/Calixte

As a Rebel or NR, she can have access to Evade/Mobile. As well as Levitation.

Just Nasty!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:18 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I still disagree with the Lightsaber SA on a Damage 20 piece, especially her when you get into the canon issues here, but yeah like Ruhk said about 60-63 points here.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:39 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
I still disagree with the Lightsaber SA on a Damage 20 piece, especially her when you get into the canon issues here, but yeah like Ruhk said about 60-63 points here.

Is that 60-63 points with base 20 damage or without?

I didn't know you disagreed with the Lightsaber SA from the start. I personally don't see any problem with having 20 base damage along with the lightsaber special ability. Traditionally, base 10 damage and lightsaber were together, but if it bothers you that much, then I can simply make a special ability that gives her +10 damage against adjacent enemies, and say it counts as a melee attack just to make it work slightly different than the lightsaber special ability.

In terms of the way the game plays, the fact that she can do 30 damage at base is not a problem especially considering Mara Jade Jedi often does 4 30 damage attacks when she bases. If you say it deals with canon issues, then I would appreciate it if you let me know more detail to that. That way, if it needs to change, I have more of a bases to go off of, and I can work on the stats a little more effectively. I honestly think anyone can argue canon issues with any mini. It all comes down to how well a player thinks the special ability/force power represents what would have been used in the stories.

The combo of base 20 Damage with Lightsaber adds more to consider when dealing with it or using it which brings more depth to the game. ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I'd like to play this Mara. 160 damage against an adjacent activated enemy is nice. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:41 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Awesome but shouldnt have 20 damage.

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:39 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

lonescout wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:

Is that 60-63 points with base 20 damage or without?

I didn't know you disagreed with the Lightsaber SA from the start. I personally don't see any problem with having 20 base damage along with the lightsaber special ability. Traditionally, base 10 damage and lightsaber were together, but if it bothers you that much, then I can simply make a special ability that gives her +10 damage against adjacent enemies, and say it counts as a melee attack just to make it work slightly different than the lightsaber special ability.

In terms of the way the game plays, the fact that she can do 30 damage at base is not a problem especially considering Mara Jade Jedi often does 4 30 damage attacks when she bases. If you say it deals with canon issues, then I would appreciate it if you let me know more detail to that. That way, if it needs to change, I have more of a bases to go off of, and I can work on the stats a little more effectively. I honestly think anyone can argue canon issues with any mini. It all comes down to how well a player thinks the special ability/force power represents what would have been used in the stories.

The combo of base 20 Damage with Lightsaber adds more to consider when dealing with it or using it which brings more depth to the game. ;)

All I meant by canonical issues is that we know she uses Luke's older (anakin) lightsaber at some point in her life and the purple one (given to her by the emperor?) at the other. We already have representations of both of these in game, both deal 20 damage.

My suggestion, if you want her to do 30 damage per hit, is to give her one of the bonuses, such as JEdi Hunter or Opportunist or give it to her via a Force Power such as Rage, Precision or one of the Gampling Powers.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:08 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

love it as is but I just don't like the 20 dam with lightsaber SA go ahead and give her cunning so when paired with thrawn she will always get that +10 you want.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Updated the card above. Thanks for clarifying TCW, I didn't quite understand where you were going when you talked about canon issues. I don't mind giving her Cunning since that is also a common ability on Mara Jade Minis. Now, she won't be able to dish out 160 damage like Lord Vader, but she will have consistency with an 18 attack for 20/30 damage when paired with the new Thrawn.