logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Lancer without Dac
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:50 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I have been struggling a bit with my Lancer + DAC in regional prep tournaments against Yodabuck + Skywalker and some disruptive squads so I revised my lancer squad by dropping DAC. The 57 free points allow for alot more tech and Whorm. I have yet to test it so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Darth Sidious 36
IG Lancer Droid 30
Lobot 27
Whorm 20
IG 86 x3 48
Gha Nachkt 12
San Hill 10
BDO 8
R7 AD 7
Mouse Droid 2

200 pts 12 activations before reinforcements

Post subject: Re: Lancer without Dac
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:02 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Should have some potential. San Hill is a killer for the Lancer/Pawn combo though. If you're still out-activated, which is sometimes likely against other Sep/Rebel/NR squads, then you take the risk of losing the Lancer while you try to do your Pawning move. But I'm not sure you could run this squad without San either. I guess you could have 22 activations though, so the odds of being out-activated are pretty low.

I actually kind of like this, because you are assuming right away that you'll have to face some opponents with Disruptive, where you'd lose the Lancer's Twin anyways. Sort of helps you against the Imperial Djem So/Riposte squads as well, as you can position yourself to have Twin or not depending on where your Mouse Droids are.

An interesting concept, and should do OK against the meta.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:05 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Well the first thing I see is that your Lancer is probably not going to have twin on the strafe. I know you have Whorm and mice but having them positioned that far out when you want to do the pawn strafe combo is going to be next to impossible. But that may help you against the Scourge squads.
I do like that you have two more IGs though.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:08 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

well if you want to run a Lancer squad you have to run 2 or a MTB if your using DAC. I am not sold on San since the lancer should give you the act lead. Yodabuck can still kill your lancer. I think the squad can work. I just think uggiex2 and micex2.Thats 14 base. THen you can do the MTB if you want or just more acts or another 86 micex2 is a good idea. Thats 17 base or you could bring in 10 mice that brings the squad to 24 acts which should be fine vs the rebels after the lancer hits. If you bring in the 10 mice that should give the lancer twin mid game if its still alive.
Like Lobo said running the squad without DAC gives you an extra 86 maybe 2 if you drop san. Djem so liek Gen skywalker can kill the lancer if you have DAC but since you dont you can still keep it alive vs kel,Skywalker. Vader Sotj,Shado,Shaak,Anakin CON are still a problem but now the lancer is your back up attack the 3 86's are your main weapons now.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I agree Jason, I wont have twin boardwide but I will be able to position a mouse at the end of a round to give me twin on a key figure and it will be easy to get twin on anything that closes in. @Jonny, I will be able to bring in a bodyguard via reinforcements to protect against yodabuck killing my lancer in one run but yes he is still a problem. If i go back to Dac and 2 Lancers, I have no way of dealing with GMLuke and Vader Scourge is also very tough on them. Maybe I should work in Nute Gunray so I can have an optional San.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:39 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think it's hilarious that we're all talking about Nute Gunray now, hahaha. But the idea of having San Hill as an option is really interesting, and nearly worth the extra 10 points that Nute takes up in your squad afterwards, especially if you bring in San and THEN roll a 1 for init.

I really don't know that Yobuck will be THAT hard to take down. There's only so much he'll be able to do, and he might get off one nasty Tow/Gallop, but he usually sacrifices R2 to do that, or you position yourself well so that he can't get the full 60 damage on something. The bodyguard is also an excellent idea in that situation, especially since, even without San, you'd likely out-activate the Republic build anyways.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:00 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

LoboStele wrote:
I think it's hilarious that we're all talking about Nute Gunray now, hahaha.

:D

Guys, really I'm flattered.