logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: BFM and Mar Tuuk
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I was playing around with a good counter to all the Kyle/Mara teams ive been seeing lately and ive goten to this point in what i like.

58 Boba Fett, Merc
27 Lobot
20 Whorm Loathesome
14 Captain Mar Tuuk
12 Gha Naught
10 San hill.

Thats 141 there. I like the option to run the MTB with it and get the 2 acts off at init, it does need some help on defence so i was thinking of a human bg. It also needs a second threat for the initial 2 act strike im planning. Zuckuss BH, Aurra Sing CS, HK-47 are all my thoughts at this point im just not sure whats the best way to go with it.

Anyway the theme is running the MTB system so i was thinking of maybe including a gonk or a kel dor in the base build. If i can set up the gonk that would be cool but im thinking the kel dor WOuld be good nomatter what anyway at +16 twin on uniques.

Its a lot of tech but i think it can be really deadly boba wont get caught off guard by mara's assualt with the MTB and you can pump out 18 or so acts with san so oi think it could be really good.

Thoughts? comments?

Post subject: Re: BFM and Mar Tuuk
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:59 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

It is a lot of tech and not many damage dealers.

I've recently found a solution, but it totally changes your squad (you get to keep Whorm). Check out IG-86's with Whorm/Nute Gunray under the 200 point builds.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:00 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

If you plan on runnning Boba with Cunning, then why San Hill?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
If you plan on runnning Boba with Cunning, then why San Hill?

Actually works great that way. You set it up the round before. So you get Boba into position at the end of the round (or at least 6 away from position). Then you intuit out, blast for 60 nd move back into cover, or for the big kill stay and blast for 120.

Also - weeks - My suggestion would be to add a decent third threat too. I love Lando Dashing Scoundrel in this squad. A before and after hit. So you have a recourse after Boba does his big hit to mop up, and since he has mobile - you can attack safely every round.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:10 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, he really needs a 2nd threat at the moment, first. :P With only 59 points left to work with, that's not a whole lot, so I would definitely look at Zuckuss BH/Aurra CS, and then probably Lando DS like Tim suggested. However, that doesn't leave you with enough points to work in your Kel Dor/Gonk. If you dropped San Hill, then you'd have just enough to squeeze in Zuckuss/Aurra, Lando, and Kel Dor, which I think would be pretty decent. The Kel Dor with Twin at +12/+16 is pretty solid, IMO.

Boba Merc with Whorm is a whole lot of fun. Honestly, I understand the idea of going with San so you can try to set up late in the round, but with both Boba and Zuckuss (if you go that route) having Intuition, and Aurra's high Defense, I'm not certain you need San. The way you've got this built, you're looking at only about 15-16 activations max (19 without MTB I guess), so there's still a chance that some tempo-control squads will out-activate you anyways. And they certainly will after 2-3 rounds of your MTB killing stuff. So with or without San, it could be tough to be the last one to activate against other Tempo squads, and then against non-Tempo squads, you will almost certainly out-activate them, even without San.

The trouble I see with these squads though, is the one-trick pony sort of scenario. You have no Disruptive, so nothing to stop Thrawn squads. Boba, Zuckuss, and Aurra have no defensive abilities outside of Intuition and their high Defense, so if you get caught off-guard at some point, you're typically flat out of luck. And if you end up running against, for instance, a Han GH and Mara Jedi build...well, you could be in trouble all over the place, with no init control, and a single lost init would mean Boba goes down.

I really like the idea of Boba Merc with Double/Twin. It's just tough to pull off. I ran a squad with Boba Merc, Zuckuss, and Darth Tyranus DLOTS a few weeks back. It did OK, but not nearly well enough to win. For instance, I got beat by a somewhat sub-par GGDAC/IG-86 squad. I couldn't even hit the suckers half the time, let alone kill them fast enough to win the game.

At this point, I think Engineer's plan of just going all IG-86's is the best way to utilize Whorm.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Thanks guys for the input. That really is the weakness of whorm squads they have amazing firepower but 0 defence.