logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Clone Commanders Neyo and Bly
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I have a scenario that I am trying to run that requires the above mentioned. Unfortunately, they are also shoehorned into a very specific point value. Here's what I came up with:

Clone Commander Bly--27pts

HP: 60
Def: 15
Atk: 10
Dam: 20

Unique; Order 66; Twin; Trooper (Counts as a character named Star Corps Trooper)
Finish the Mission (+4 attack and +20 Damage if exactly one enemy is within 6 squares)

CE: Allied characters with Order 66 are treated as having the same name as each other, only for the purposes if abilities whose name contains Squad. Characters whose name contains Star Corps gain Finish the Mission

Clone Commander Neyo-20pts

HP: 50
Def: 15
Atk: 10
Dam: 20

Unique; Order 66
Flanking Support
Flanking Shot (Until the end of the round, an enemy attacked by this character gains -4 Defense against allies who do no have Mounted Weapon)

CE: Allied characters with Order 66 are treated as having the same name as each other, only for the purposes if abilities whose name contains Squad. Characters named Saleucami Trooper gain Flanking Support

Post subject: Re: Clone Commanders Neyo and Bly
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:35 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I think Finish the mission +20 and twin is a little much with the CE. What if finish the mission was only +4 +10 on him but he gave +4 +20 finish the mission to corps. I think Neyo is fine.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:04 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Cool. I like the use of the Gree-esque CE here as well. However, you could word it "Characters in your squad, including this character, with Order 66..." and then you could leave off the 'Trooper' part of his abilities.

I'd agree with Johnny that Twin and an Extra 20 damage is pretty powerful. I think for his relatively cheap cost, and the quite nice CE (especially if your Star Corp has Squad Firepower AND Finish the Mission), that a +4/+10 is sufficient.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I was worried about Finish the Mission myself, ultimately I put it in because (in comparison to Rex or Dash) it is so conditional as opposed to other characters in his point range that can dish out 80 damage. I do agree though that I should tone it down to +10 for the SCT's as they already have Squad Firepower.

Aaron, you're right, I can take out trooper. I originally intended Bly to count as a follower too, as his squad has the old Clone Commander in it (+3 if they don't move).

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:32 pm 
General
General

Finish The Mission sounds like an ability that should not be on a shooter. Even if your opponent is all bunched up, it is too easy to move back and make sure only 1 enemy is within 6 squares. It also doesn't stop you from shooting another target further away than 6 squares if it doesn't have cover.

If I were to change it, that ability should be maximum +4/10 (even when granted as a CE), and only against adjacent enemies. That should bring it back to what the ability is meant to do: finishing off lone pieces.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:46 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

The problem is: given the scenario, I need the commanders to provide some kind of attack boost to their clone counterparts. I was also trying to go for something distinct (501st has cunning) without abusing the scenario via Jedi Hunter or Opportunist.

What about: Finish the Mission (+4 attack, Deadly Attack, and Viscious Attack if exactly one enemy is within 6 squares)

This still gives them the +4 bonus, reduces the damage overall, but gives them a 10% chance to do more than initially intended.

Edit: I'm not sure I like Viscious...maybe Flurry instead. It's a toss up (these were the clones that attacked Aayla Secura during Order 66)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:26 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

He didnt kill her he loved her!!!!!
He stunned her, thats why the blaster fire was blue!!!

:DSBoom:

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 pm 
General
General

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:

What about: Finish the Mission (+4 attack, Deadly Attack, and Viscious Attack if exactly one enemy is within 6 squares)

This still gives them the +4 bonus, reduces the damage overall, but gives them a 10% chance to do more than initially intended.

Problem is it's still very easy to position yourself to always get this benefit. It's like a way better version of Ataru Style: grants more bonuses, plus much easier to pull off since the Ataru figure is melee and needs to be adjacent.

I still think the only way to make it work properly is for it to work only against adjacent enemies. "Finish The Mission" sounds like it's about killing one lone enemy: however, the way it is worded it can just as easily be used as a hit-and-run style ability (constantly moving around so that the target is 6 squares away, and other enemies are probably 7-8 squares).

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:16 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Thing is, I was erroneously comparing this to Ataru Style myself up until this post. Ataru has always been an underwhelming style, except in its Mastery form and then only because of the SA's and FP's of the character. It should be compared to Jedi Hunter or Opportunist, both of which are just as easy to position yourself for, if not easier. Even if all three characters in comparison had accurate, the JH and the Opp shooters still come out ahead as they wouldn't need the a within 6 trigger.

Given the scenario I know it will likely always be used against that character within 6, other than clumisily though, I have no idea how to change the wording so it only affects that character that is triggering the ability.

Finish the Mission (If exactly one enemy is within 6 squares, this character gains +4 attack, Deadly Attack, and Viscious Attack against that enemy)