28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Ferus Olin
21 The Dark Woman
18 Jar-Jar Binks
09 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
08 Mas Amedda
06 Ugnaught Demolitionist
05 Camaasi Noble

So, some obvious changes include replacing Cade with either Boba Fett, Mercenary or Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter, or Ferus Olin for Lobot. But this is the version I played at the LGS yesterday. It is brutal. The guys with Double and Twin become Quad Attacking Twinners, for a total of 8 shots. Windu gets Quad, Yoda gets Triple + Twin (via Ataru), and everyone except for Obi-Wan has triple.

I went 2-1 with it yesterday, losing only to some serious play mistakes on my part against an increasingly improving opponent. He was running a Lancer with some other droids and GG-DAC. I also beat a Lancer-based similar squad earlier in the tournament.

On a crucial init in the game I lost, I based the Lancer with Zuckuss and went for my attacks. I missed all 3 rolls, and in hindsight should have combined fire. One hit would have killed it. The failed attacks cost me the game.

Still, I think this squad has some serious potential, and plan to play it again at the next epic event.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: Epic Republic squad with 24-62 attacks
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

this makes me cry and thank the gods 200 became the highest organized point cost, though beastly squad man

:saber:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:20 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Man, I love this format! Nice squad, too.

Although, I'm curious why the Dark Woman is in there, since this squad doesn't have the 2 roles for her that she normally plays: you don't Qui Gon JT to boost someone (Dash usually) and you also don't have Panaka for force-phase-swapping. Other than that intriguing question, it looks great to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:28 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

She gives Cad Light Tutor so he can reroll Evade. Also, it gives me one more Force Spirit target if I need it.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Okay, that makes sense. Cad is a good choice too, because he's so fragile and really does need to make those Evade saves, especially at Epic level. For the same cost, a Houjix would likely provide even more survivability to Cad, but that would also play very differently, and probably would not be as mobile as you'd like.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:21 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I had some great plays with the Dark Woman in all of my games that day. I remember in one game facing a Lancer squad on Rancor Pit, I towed her up to the wall in the middle of the map and then she phased through the wall to attack some droids bunched up on the other side. Next round, won init, and she tripled on the Lancer. I only hit once and then she died, but still it was a great play. I don't have very many of those so I have to brag on them whenver they occur. :P