logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: looking for help and Critique on 2 squads
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:46 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

So I posted this one earlier and got a lot of good responses, I altered it and here it is again:
--White and Blue--
46 Darth Vader, Sith Apprentice
41 Captain Rex, 501st Commander
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
22 Imperial Governor Tarkin
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Caamasi Noble
12 Gran Raider x3
6 Rodian Brute x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

Preferred Reserves:
(Admiral Ozzel) 20 501st Legion Stormtrooper x2

Here is the other squad I am considering for the event:
--Lobs--
46 Kyle Katarn, Combat Instructor
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
10 Jagged Fel
9 General Dodonna
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Caamasi Noble
8 Gran Raider x2
3 Mouse Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 14 activations)

Both squads function around tempo control + Movement breaker combination though they have a lot of variation. I think I like the first one better because of it's higher activation count, but the damage in that squad is only being distributed by 2 pieces <240 total in a round at maximum from credible threats> The second one has 4 credible threats that do about the same amount of damage, though Mara :mj: carries most of the weight. It can do more, but not if in a round where I use my movement breaker. I guess the short question is which squad looks like it will perform best. Map choice for the first would be Destroyed Base, while the second I would go with the Hall of Judgement.

Anyhow Thoughts, comments, and opinions welcome.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: looking for help and Critique on 2 squads
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:17 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I like the second squad better due to more threats on the field. I ran a similar squad with shado vao at my regional and took a 4th with it so it performed well. The problem that I see with the first one is if you lose vader and rex only 210 hit points combined. Who is going to pull through and win the match for you. In my matches at regionals. I had a different MVP in each match. I lost shado and Mara and dash in one match and ganner pulled through for me with pushes and jagged consistently hitting for 10 damage. If I didn't have another fighter to finish it off for me I wouldn't have won. So I like the second squad better but I think you should try and fit dodonna in but others may argue that point so maybe try both ways and see which works better for you.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:23 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

sthlrd2 wrote:
So I like the second squad better but I think you should try and fit dodonna in but others may argue that point so maybe try both ways and see which works better for you.

I already have dodonna in the squad thank you for your opinions, Let me ask you about something because it concerns me Did you face a Lancer? and if so How did you fare against it. The matchup is one I am unfamiliar with as no one in my venue plays it.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:30 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I did face a lancer in the match up for 3rd and 4th and lost. I had shado vao in my squad instead of one of the kyle's so I didn't have disruptive. I thought with shado having riposte and and master of the force 2 it would be sufficent against the lancer. I was wrong due to the lancer having enough speed to avoid shado, so Kyle might be the better option for you due to disruptive and having riposte as well as mastery himself. Shado overall performed well for me and has higher damage output than Kyle but for that specific matchup against the lancer Kyle would have definetly been the better option. So I do think your squad could perform just as well. I must have missed dodonna in your squad when I read it first but regardless, you have a good squad.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:36 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My map of choice was also the ravaged base. I like that map for ganner levitating due to it having enough area to hide and not get hit by shooters and then lob someone out and let the battle begin.