logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Commander Bly & Null ARC Trooper A'den
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:12 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I am working on a custom mini for Commander Bly using the 501st Clone Commander from Darktimes, as well as coming up with some stats.

Commander Bly:

Cost: 29

Hitpoints: 50
Defense: 15
Attack: 10
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Order 66 (May be in a squad with Emperor Palpatine, Sith Lord regardless of faction)
Trooper (Counts as a character named Star Corps Trooper)
Advantageous Cover (This character gets +8 defense in cover instead of +4)
Quick Reactions (+6 attack when making attacks of opportunity)
Stable Footing (Not slowed by difficult terrain or low objects)
Rapport (A character whose name contains Star Corps costs 1 less when in a squad with this character)
Synergy (+4 attack when the stated character whose name contains Aayla Secura is within 6 squares)
Twin Attack

Commander Effect
Star Corps Troopers within 6 squares gain Squad Assault (+4 attack when 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares) and Synchronized Fire (Characters who combine fire with this character grant +6 attack instead of +4)

What do you think?

Last edited by wampafang on Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Commander Bly & Null ARC Trooper A'den
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:14 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Here are also some custom stats for A'den Skirata (my son's name is Aiden and I like the Nulls). I tried to make these true to the character while maintaining game balance, although I am not sure he is costed appropriately. His CE is supposed to represent his ability to train insurgents.

Null ARC Trooper-A’den

Cost: 27

Hit Points: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: 10
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Affinity (May be in a Mandalorian squad if it contains Kal Skirata)
Disruptive (Enemy commander effects have no effect, on enemies and allies alike, within 6 squares of this character)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Grenades 20 (Replaces attacks: Range 6; 20 damage to target and each character adjacent to the target; save 11)
Recon (Roll twice for initiative, choosing either roll, once per round if any character in the same squad with Recon has line of sight to an enemy)
Satchel Charge (Replaces attacks: Once per turn, designate one adjacent door as open; it remains open for the remainder of the skirmish and cannot be closed)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Synergy (+4 attack when the stated character whose name contains Kal Skirata is within 6 squares)

Commander Effect
Non-unique Fringe followers get +4 attack and +10 damage against non-Fringe characters

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:59 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Instead of using the 501st trooper, you could just use the ROTS Clone Commander or the one from the GOWK starter (same one) but I believe that is suppossed to be a non-unique Bly, or at least a close approximation of it.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:04 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I thought about that, and will use that fig as such if a V-set contains him in the future, but the main reason I used the 501st Commander was that it was a more dynamic pose and the repaint gave me good practice as I am just beginning to customize figs.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:43 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Other than the wording of Synergy needing cleaned up, the only issue I see with it is the cost. Star Corps Troopers are one of the more expensive clone trooper figures. They already have squad firepower and now you want to give them Squad Assault AND lower their cost by 1. Comparing this to the other Clone Commanders and their respective clone troopers, I think his cost needs to be raised a few more points. Probably only 3 more to 29 would do, as he is not in the offensive range of Rex bust is considerably more defense oriented.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:42 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

29 seems to be the consensus from what I have been hearing. Thanks, its always good to get the game balance side of things when you make a character as its easy to lose sight of that, and your recommendation makes perfect sense.

When you say clean up Synergy, what do you mean?

Thanks again

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:51 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

From: Synergy (+4 attack when the stated character whose name contains Aayla Secura is within 6 squares)

To: Synergy (+4 attack while an allied character whose name contains Aayla Secura is within 6 squares)