logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: New Special Abilities you want. Read 1st post before posting
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Transmit Orders (basic version) - Allies' commander effects apply to Droids. (T-Series Tactical Droid)

Transmit Orders (more powerful variant) - Allies' commander effects apply to Droids. Commander Effects normally limited to 6 squares have unlimited range when applied to Droids. (T-Series Tactical Droid)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:27 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I know theses are not new SA's but i would like to see more characters with reserves 20 or 30, I would like each faction that does not have it yet to have this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dreadtech wrote:
I know theses are not new SA's but i would like to see more characters with reserves 20 or 30, I would like each faction that does not have it yet to have this.

Along those lines, that's another reason for more low-cost figures... so you can make better use of reserves/reinforcements without wasting space. For example, I'd love to use Garm to bring in an ERC and an Ithorian Commander to the New Republic, but you're wasting 3 cost to do it. A 3-point Rebel or New Republic piece could fill that hole.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Shien Style: (When this character is hit by a non-adjacent attack he takes no damage on a save of 11. On a save of 16 or higher the attack is redirected on the Attacker.) This one could be fun its a tough save to make for the 16 or higher and would be just a fun thing to use IMO. This would go well on like a Vader Apprentice or something.

Jar"kai Style (When hit by a melee attack this character takes no damage on a save of 11. On a save of 16 or higher this character may make an immediate counter attack on the attacker.) Kind of combines Djem so and Makashi again save 16s are hard to come by so its not too crazy. Good for a Sora Bulk.

Unorthadox (abilities used to resist this characters attacks or abilities that requiere a save of 11 instead require a save of 16). Remake of Grevious JH.

More Impulsive abilities such as, Flurry, speed 8, parry, deadly, or something like that would be fun.

Stun Saber (Enemies hit by this characters attack are considered activated. Save 11). Fun idea put that on like a youngling in lightsaber training.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:13 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

SA: 'Harsh Discipline'

- Choose one ally who's name contains Death Watch and add 10 damage to that character. For the rest of the skirmish that ally and all other allies named Death Watch lose Internal Strife -

Character: Pre Visla (perhaps using the Jango Fett clone strike piece as his mini)

See the 'New Commander Effects you want' thread, page 4 or 5 for my idea on a commander effect for "Pre Visla" along with the custom characters thread for my take on what he should look like altogether :)

This would make the Death Watch Raider a much more appealing piece to use and since there aren't many pieces for the Mando Faction they really could use something that helps diversify their choices in squad builds. To me Visla would have to be a stronger commander in the 30 - 40 cost range.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:20 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Lightsaber Style Mastery: At the start of this character's turn, it gains one of the following lightsaber styles until it's next activation (Niman Style, Makashi Style, Soresu Style, Ataru Style, Djem So Style, Shii Cho Style). - Cin Drallig, Kreia

It would take a lot of card space, but it would be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:26 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Crack Shot - Damage from this character's attacks cannot be prevented.

Would be a good CE for the Mandos or for a few select BH's (Boba, Jango, Aurra Sing)...

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:52 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Graplling Hook (replaces attacks, range 6, Target character is moved 6 squares towards this character)
Jango Fett.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:21 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Impulsive Accurate Shot (If a Unique allied character is defeated, for the rest of the skirmish, this character has Accurate Shot) - Leia of Endor, Mirta Gev

Low-Light Vulnerability (-4 Attack against enemies further than 6 squares away) - Any "Hapan" character.

Low-Light Vision (+4 Attack against enemies further than 6 squares away) - Nien Nunb, any Sullustian

Last Ditch (When this character would be defeated, make one attack at +5 Attack and +30 Damage against a legal target. If this attack defeats an enemy, this character is not defeated and has 10 Hit Points.)
- Han, Nien Nunb, Dash, or any smuggler or scoundrel.

Allyan Magic (If this character doesn’t move on her turn, she gets 1 Force Point) - Teneniel Djo

Personal Energy Shield (When this character takes damage from a non-melee attack, reduce the damage dealt by 10, save 6) - Prince Isolder, any Hapan Elite Guard

Scepter of Power (A living enemy hit by this character’s attack cannot move for the rest of the round and takes +10 Damage, save 11 negates both effects.) - Overlord Shimrra

Hive Mind (+1 Defense for each Killik ally within 4 squares) - Any Killik or Killik Joiner.

Force Resistant (This character takes half damage, rounded down, from Force powers and gets +4 to all Force power saving rolls.) - Any Dashade character.

Smuggler (Replaces turn; Select one adjacent ally: this character and the selected adjacent ally can move up to 6 squares. This move does not provoke attacks of opportunity) - Han, Lando, or any Fringe Smuggler.

Bola (Replaces attacks: Range 6; target cannot move, gets -4 Defense and is considered activated for the rest of the round, save 11) - Ewok Hunter or primitive fringe alien warrior.

Clone Rapid Aging (Takes 10 damage on a turn where this character moves.) - Palpatine Reborn (Clone), any unique clone.

Jar’Kai Style (When this character makes a successful attack against an adjacent enemy, make one immediate attack at -4 Attack against the same enemy. This attack does not stack with itself. If this attack is successful, this character gains -4 Defense for the rest of this turn.)
- Exar Kun, Aayla Secura, Jedi Master Kavar, A'Sharad Hett, Assaj Ventress

Duel Training (Replaces turn: select an adjacent ally with a Lightsaber. Roll a save of 11. If successful, remove this character from play; it is defeated. The selected ally gets +2 Attack and +2 Defense for the rest of the skirmish.) - Any Duel training droid.

Curved-Hilt Lightsaber (Lightsaber Duelist cannot be used against this character’s attacks) - Darth Bane, Count Dooku.

That's a few of the SA's I've been tinkering with on some customs stat characters.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:12 pm 
Lancer Nation
Lancer Nation

Special ability

Costume Design - This character is considered an ally by all enemies not within 6 unless this character attacks. Garik "The Face" Loran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:26 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I think I'll elaborate on 2 abilities I mentioned in the disruptive thread among other things. Also I have not read every last ability listed here, most but not all so Hopefully I am not repeating anything, please point out if I am though. Also please forgive any poor wording hehe.

Karmic Disruptive - If the initiative roll is an even number Disruptive works normally, if the roll is odd then limited to 3 squares - Zayne Carrick, OR Faction

Indomitable - Enemies within 6 squares get -4 attack and -4 defense - Mandalore, a generic strong commander for the faction or Mandalore the Indomitable

Intimidation - Enemies within 6 squares get -2 defense and -2 defense- Generic Mandalorian, Generic Sith

Let the Wookiee Win - +4 attack and +10 damage against characters with Dejarik - New Chewbacca

War Criminal - This character does not recognize the Diplomat ability, characters with Diplomat are legal targets - I'd like to see this on a unique figure as a unique ability and would choose from either Aurra Sing, Count Dooku, or Cad Bane who we did see shoot a senator. In Theory it would be good on any BH character I'd like to see it on one of the above named just to have a new aspect to such characters.

Con Artist - Range 2, Replace Attacks, The target character has been persuaded into a cease fire and is conisdered activated. Optional save 11 negates this effect, but on a failure the character is conned into joining the opponents squad. - new Lando Calrissian or Marn "Gryph" Hierogryph and this is based off what the Imp Inquisitor does, I like the concept.

Sensory Data - This character is subject to enemy Commander Effects off mouse enemy mouse droids. - Aurra Sing the idea being based off her antenna and integrated cybernetics. It would certainly be interesting and I am unsure what limitations to put it on it as well.

Vibro Blade Knuckles - Replace Attacks, 20 damage to adjacent target, counts as a Melee Attack. - Clone Commando. Nice direct damage for close encounters. And If I worded it right making it able to be countered by parry or lightsaber block/defense so that it is not over powered.

Illegal Gambling - Dejarik allies gain +2 attack and +10 damage while within 6 squares - Lady Valarian, nice boost to Dejarik pieces

Criminal Vendetta - Bounty Hunter Allies gain +4 attack against enemies in a squad with Jabba the Hutt, this includes Jabba the Hutt - Lady Valarian for their rivalry. This ability and Illegal Gambling might work as CE's but I consider them eligible as abilities like Fire Control.

Falleen Legacy - +4 attack against enemies in a squad with Darth Vader, this includes Darth Vader - Generic Falleen or Prince Xizor for Vaders Massacre of the Falleen.

Gray Paladin - When hit by a non-melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11 - Laranth Tarak, basically a better evade representing her ability to shoot and redirect blaster fire. Arguable to be a force power but I find it more fitting as a base ability for her or any other characters of the variety.

Criminal Inspiration - +10 damage while an ally with the Black Sun ability, or Black Sun in their name is within 6 squares - Generic Fringe, maybe give this to a few pieces just to get more synergy out of Vigos or the other Black Sun pieces, more options I guess.

Look Sir, Droids - +2 attack and +10 damage to enemy droid characters - Elite Sandtrooper

Solo Family Bodyguard - If an adjacent ally whose name contains either Leia or Solo would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead - Winter

Scavenged Grenades 30 - Replaces attacks; range 6, Make a save of 11, on a success, 30 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11. On failure this character takes 10 damage. - Jawa Tinkerer, I think this would be a fun luck based ability to show the Jawas scavenger aspect more. and maybe a way to get the cost down on a more powerful bomb. Grenades gone bad? only one way to find out LOL...

and I guess I am out of ideas. Most of these are just simple mechanics, or extra stuff I think would be fun. Abilities I'd like to see in general, or stuff I think gives the game a new aspect or strategy for some factions or situations.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:38 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Master Shaper
Vong Special ability or range 6 commander effect
At the start of the game characters that start adjacent to this character gain Blast Bug (Replaces attacks: double attack, sight; +9 Attack for 30 Damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target)

Characters within 6 squares gain Blast Bug (Replaces attacks: double attack, sight; +9 Attack for 30 Damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target)

At the start of the game characters that start adjacent to this character gain Snap Bug (replaces attacks. Sight; target 1 enemy, that enemy and each character adjacent to that target are concidered activated this round; save 11)

Characters within 6 squares gain Snap Bug (replaces attacks. Sight; target 1 enemy, that enemy and each character adjacent to that target are conciderd activated this round; save 11)

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:01 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I was reading someone else post, JediSpyder I think, and it led me to an Idea for a new special ability for the sith.

If this character has not used a FP, ignore Jedi Hunter Special Ability or attacks that grants bonuses against force users.

I was thinking about how many times Palpatine was infront of Jedi and nobody realized he was a force user or Zannah infiltrating the Jedi Temple and Library and nobody noticed them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:58 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Azavander wrote:
I was reading someone else post, JediSpyder I think, and it led me to an Idea for a new special ability for the sith.

If this character has not used a FP, ignore Jedi Hunter Special Ability or attacks that grants bonuses against force users.

I was thinking about how many times Palpatine was infront of Jedi and nobody realized he was a force user or Zannah infiltrating the Jedi Temple and Library and nobody noticed them.

good idea, lets call the ability "bad writing" hahaha j/k

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:52 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

A New Rule!
Characters with Sith in their name are considered Sith for the purposes of squad building.

I dont think it would be drastic to do, it would give Sith a better option.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Cerous Mutor wrote:
A New Rule!
Characters with Sith in their name are considered Sith for the purposes of squad building.

Interesting... Order 66 / 501st.

Exar, Witches, Holosid and savages.

Vader CotS with Bane / Naga :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:03 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Eject, For unique Snowspeeders or simular things.

Eject when this character is defeated you can replace it with a ******* pilot/trooper ( such as a Rebel Pilot or a Imperial Pilot) with a save of 11. Or even unique characters if it a very high cost Snowspeeder or Tie Crawler.
I think this would suit a Wedge in Snowspeeder at around 60 points, in this case you would use a version of wedge as the pilot or baron Fel as a unique Imperial Pilot.

Needs better wording than i have used i know, but i think this might make some of the huge usable if done correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I want to thank you all for posting your ideas. The designers are working hard at putting together the virtual set and are keeping the ideas in mind that you, the community, have presented.

So, thanks again for your help

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:08 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Cerous Mutor wrote:
A New Rule!

May be to much of a stretch but

How about

Dark Side/Light Side Tutor

Faction ???

Cost xx
HP xx
AT xx
Def xx
Dam xx

SA; Unique
Melee, Double

FP 3
Push
Assualt

CE
Characters with Darth in their name may be in this charcters squad regardless of faction.
Characters with Jedi in their name may be in this charcters squad regardless of faction.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

critically wounded X (at the end of this characters turn he takes X damage) Darth vader after he kills emperor.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next