Master Windu

Cost:75
HP: 150
Defense: 22
Attack: 16
Damage:20

SA:
Unique, Melee Attack, Triple Attack, Vaapad-Style Fighting
Decapitation 20 (If this character rolls a natural 20 on an attack, the target is defeated)

Force 3, Force Renewal 1, Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Block, Shockwave, Whirlwind Attack, Lightsaber Precision

It a base Windu but i love the decapitation and the renewal. Let me know what you think.

Post subject: Re: Master Windu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I like it, but many would be pissed to see a Windu just like Boba Fett BH.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

how about a small adjustment to Decapitation 20?

Like:

Decapitation 20 (If this character rolls a natural 20 on an attack against an opponent without Melee Attack, the target is defeated, save 16)

Or,

Decapitation 20 (If this character rolls a natural 20 on an attack against a target with half Hit Points or less, the target is defeated)

or even,

Decapitation (If this character scores two critical hits in a row, the target is defeated)

Also, I'd like to see Lightsaber Defense on a 75 point piece, otherwise he's a gift for your opponent's shooters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Gemini1179 wrote:

Like:

Decapitation 20 (If this character rolls a natural 20 on an attack against an opponent without Melee Attack, the target is defeated, save 16)

Or,

Decapitation 20 (If this character rolls a natural 20 on an attack against a target with half Hit Points or less, the target is defeated)

or even,

Decapitation (If this character scores two critical hits in a row, the target is defeated)

Also, I'd like to see Lightsaber Defense on a 75 point piece, otherwise he's a gift for your opponent's shooters.

That last Decapitation isn't even worth the point cost...even with Shatterpoint. Though this SA could make Shatterpoint a worthy investment for a change, but it would need to be save based at that point. Personally, I think it should either stay as is or add: Shatterpoint, a save AND Remove the non-melee restriction.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:50 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Gemini1179 wrote:

Like:

Or,

or even,

That last Decapitation isn't even worth the point cost...even with Shatterpoint. Though this SA could make Shatterpoint a worthy investment for a change, but it would need to be save based at that point. Personally, I think it should either stay as is or add: Shatterpoint, a save AND Remove the non-melee restriction.

I'm not sure what you mean here and I was only making possible cost-balancing suggestions. Certainly can be tweaked as desired. I know how we all feel about the 5% insta-kill chance that Boba BH has, and on a character with more base attacks, it might be a tough sell.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Great scott! I figured it out. How about this for some evil fun?

Master Windu

Cost:75
HP: 150
Def: 22
Atk: 16
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique, Melee Attack, Triple Attack, Vaapad-Style Fighting
Decapitation (If this character scores two critical hits in a row against the same target this turn, the target is defeated)

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Renewal 1. Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Precision
Shatterpoint
Use the Force
Whirlwind Attack

Sneaky, sneaky, but would sure make Shatterpoint a more appealing power to use. Plus, I hate Shockwave with a passion. Sith Scorcery is such a slap in the face to Shockwave. If it's not on a 19 pt single-attacker, I have no use for it.

Last edited by Gemini1179 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:21 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

You should at least clarify against thr same opponent. Also what happens if I roll a crit on my last attack of the round, then again on my first attack fo the next round..or during an attack of opportunity. Personally, I just don't think that version of Decapitation would be worth any point increase whatsoever. The odds of it occurring are so astronomically low as to not even be worth a gimmick squad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:15 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
You should at least clarify against thr same opponent.

Oh for sure.

Quote:
Personally, I just don't think that version of Decapitation would be worth any point increase whatsoever. The odds of it occurring are so astronomically low as to not even be worth a gimmick squad.

It's funny because when I posted this Mace on Bloo, the first response was how broken he was with the combo of Shatterpoint and Use the Force.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Hmmm....that's because I completely missed he had Use The Force

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Here is the Mace Windu I think would be more legit than Master Windu. The basic changes are getting rid of Vaapad Style (not a huge fan, but then again it's Mace so I could go either way). Added GMA. Added Dispasionate Killer. Changed the cost and gave a Lightsaber Defense . Got rid of Shatterpoint.

I also considered adding Disruptive, but I thought that might add too much to the republic.

That gives this Mace the ability to move 20 (R2 + force point) and 120 damage at a 20 attack! Pretty sick! Plus add General Skywalker to give him momentum and then he really gets nasty, but then he is also extremely expensive when you could use nearly 3 weaponmasters for the same cost, so I'm almost convinced his cost is nearly right.

What do you guys think?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:30 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Overcosted IMO. No CE? No Vaapad Style? Dispasionate Killer may be good, but it can kill you half the time. I don't think I'd want to give my opponent and easy 74 points. I think maybe he should be redone with something like Vaapad Style Mastery, no Dispationate killer, add Flurry to his SA's and a CE that is not uber powerful but helps out clone troopers or other force users.

Here's what I'm thinking Vaapad Style Mastery should be:

Vaapad Style Mastery (This character scores critical hits on a roll of 18,19 or 20. On a critical hit, this character deals tripple damage and this attack cannot be blocked.)

I thought it would be cool to have flurry, decent chance for crits and great damage on a hit along with the unstoppableness of the lightsaber assault. If this guy starts rolling crits, the enemy will pay for it. Vaapad Style is a very vicious form of lightsaber combat where the user get get tempted by the dark side. It and Juyo Style are described as being the most powerful lightsaber combat forms, so it stands to reason that the attacks couldn't be blocked.

Following stats could be the following:

Mace Windu, Jedi General

cost: 74
Defense: 22
Attack:16
Damage: 20
Special Abilities:

GMA
Tripple Attack
Vaapad Style Mastery

Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Master of the force 2
Lightsaber riposte
Lightsaber defense

CE:
Allied characters with order 66 gain Extra attack.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

ive honestly never been very impressed with any of the Mace Windu minis as far as melee attacks go with them. Mace Windu was supposed to be an incredible lightsaber duelist and i dont think any of his minis truly reflect that.

i like the idea of giving him greater mobile with triple, vaapad style mastery looks great as well, but instead of giving him flurry, ive always thought about giving him cleave and lightsaber assault as well.

<(^^)> (>^^)> <(^^<) ^(^^)^
dance, kirby, dance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

DarkFather wrote:
ive honestly never been very impressed with any of the Mace Windu minis as far as melee attacks go with them. Mace Windu was supposed to be an incredible lightsaber duelist and i dont think any of his minis truly reflect that.

i like the idea of giving him greater mobile with triple, vaapad style mastery looks great as well, but instead of giving him flurry, ive always thought about giving him cleave and lightsaber assault as well.

If he had Greater Mobile Attack with Triple attack, you probably would not want to worry about giving him Lightsaber assault, but without GMA, I completely agree with giving him Lightsaber Assault.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I've been tinkering with a straight-up fix to Master Windu (in the vein of some of my other well-known stat-line adjustments):

Master Windu 65 pts.
150 HP
22 Defense
+16 Attack
20 Damage

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack. Triple Attack.
Vaapad Style Fighting. Flurry Attack

Force Powers
Force 2. Force Renewal 2. Master of the Force 2
Force Absorb
Force Repulse 3
Lightsaber Defense
Lightsaber Riposte

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:29 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I just came up with another Mace that I think does a solid job exemplifying the type of lightsaber fighter he was. See Mace Windu, Lightsaber Champion thread. That would be my fix for the new Mace. Of course we can keep his name Master Windu. ;)