logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: A new Play by post RPG (looking for players)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Raylinthegreat wrote:
Are we ready or waiting for something to be confirmed? Is it ok to start posting an intro to the char for the story or do you have a specific way we come in in mind?

We are waiting for 1 to confirm, however, I am going to start the play thread this weekend if not friday. Just gotta finish the start up on my end.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I hope it's not me that you're waiting on, lol.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:45 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Thanks to JOhnny B for walking me through this 1 PM at a time hopefully it is all correct.

Remal Revino

Human Scoundrel
19 standard years - 5’11”

Background:
Still a young man Remal has a vision of the future where he and his friends carve out their own future. Growing up on a farm without parents has been a hard on him while young, while still alive his parents spent time as general labourers before a tragic accident ripped them away at 7. The farm owner’s wife took pity on him and kept her husband from just sending him away to an orphanage, giving him odd jobs around the farm yard to keep him busy and to pay for his food.

When he was about 9, Remal was taking a trip with the farmer’s wife going to the market and drop of their good for sale, when their speeder broke down. While this normally may have not been a worthy event to notice, it changed his fortunes forever setting up a path for him to someday make an escape of this world. The area between the farm and the town had seen an increasing amount of raiding by local Tuskens, nobody stopped or travelled alone for fear of being one of the 27 people already killed that Autumn. So when the repulser engine began to short out and drop the speeder crashing to the ground, the farmer’s wife knew she was dead. Remal however was not ready to give up, After the hard landing the boy hoped over the side and headed to pop the engine compartment, standing on his toes he peered in, like he had done from the shadows, while watching the farmers owner fix things in the past. Seeing the blackened wires around an engine component he realized that engine had somehow overheated and shorted out some cabling that controlled the power. With the lack of supplies in the speeder and the howl of raiders in the air, Remal devised a make shift cable from the wire bundling holding the crops and got the speeder up and running after just a few minutes.

But that would not be the end of the adventure as the story is told, for jsut at that time the raiders made their appearance with shots flying. The farmer’s wife took a shoot in the stomach while trying get back into the speeder and collapsed. Remal taking a shot in the arm managed to get into the driver’s seat and get the speeder moving again in the direction of the town. Quickly picking up the how to drive, Remal struggled with a single arm and being slightly to short he managed to limp it into the town. The doctor told the Farm owner that his wife was lucky to be alive and if it was not for the young boy Remal she would have died there.

The owner recognized Remals ingenuity and put him into work in the vehicle workshop, a good paying job for a young boy. Remal would go on to save his money, splurging to only but nice clothes, always trying to look roguish with a smile and a quick word with the ladies. His cleaned up look earned many a snuggle in a booth and a kiss, his amazing work on vehichles of any type kept him doing slightly better than some of his fellow.

Str 10
DEX 18
CON 11
INT 13
WIS 12
CHA 16

First Feat - Skill persuasion , Point Blank, precise shot
First talents – Knack

Base Attack 0
HP 18
Fort 11
Ref 18
Will 13

Weapons Blaster (subrepeating)
Armor: Half Vest

Skills
Persusion
Stealth
Deception
Initiative
Perception
Pilioting

Gear
Blaster with holster concealed
Utility belt
Vest
500 Credits (from 1st post)

Last edited by Azavander on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

What is his name, race and class? It will make it easier for us to rp if we know this. also you will want to know your hp threshold and attack ratings...not important for us to know but you and the dm need to know these.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

edited that to include above, I mentioned it before it is really new for me and i do not know how to figure those out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:48 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Its cool its my first time with swrpg as well. have done d&d for quite a while though...welcome aboard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:06 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I updated everybodys character sheets and corrected for errors. Congrats to Raylinthegreat for being the only person without any errors! Everybody else should check their character and see if I made notes on it (in red) and correct those errors as I can not for you. Also, I need languages, height, weight, and age for everybody who didn't give me one.

Last up, I need all equipment or items to be in the following format:

Item: Item modifiers [item cost in credits](Item weight in kg)

If an item has a long description, give me the page number and book

EXAMPLES:

Vibrodagger: 2d4 slashing or piercing damage [200 credits](1kg)

Blaster Carbine: 3d8 energy damage, 2d8 stun damage, Single shot or automatic [900 credits + 90 credit restricted license](2.2 kg)

Blast Helmet and Vest: +2 Ref, Max Dex +5 [500 credits](3 kg)

Medical Kit: pg 138 core rulebook [600 credits](20 kg)

Liquid Cable Dispenser: 10 squares cable, holds 560 KG, dc 24 str check breaks [10 Credits](0.2 kg)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I am trained I persuasion not treat injury can't be since I am a scoundrel.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:49 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

To confine the discussion to one thread:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Also, if you are interested, I am running the other RPG, you can join if you want.

I would be interested but I don't want to put you over your player count since I understand the difficulty's of adjusting everything to accommodate a strange party size. If you are short a player or the size is not a concern I will read through the thread and create a character.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
The only thing that I could find that was close is Quick Skill Feat (KotOR, p34): 1/enc, can take 10 when rushed, can take 20 in half time.

it must be a species skill because I know it was there. Thanks

I looked through the species special ability index I have and did not see anything from the wizards books. If you find it I would be interested in what you saw.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:27 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
To confine the discussion to one thread:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Also, if you are interested, I am running the other RPG, you can join if you want.

I would be interested but I don't want to put you over your player count since I understand the difficulty's of adjusting everything to accommodate a strange party size. If you are short a player or the size is not a concern I will read through the thread and create a character.

I capped it at 6 but this story will allow for up to 8. I stopped at 6 mostly because it is easier to keep the group together in story with 6. With 7-8 we can break from time to time into smaller groups of 3-4 and have mini side stories ^^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:52 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Does that mean it is caped, or should I make a character?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Does that mean it is caped, or should I make a character?

It means make a character and don't be afraid to bring a friend too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:12 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Jedi_Master wrote:
I updated everybodys character sheets and corrected for errors. Congrats to Raylinthegreat for being the only person without any errors! Everybody else should check their character and see if I made notes on it (in red) and correct those errors as I can not for you. Also, I need languages, height, weight, and age for everybody who didn't give me one.

Ha, I told my wife that all those times playing D&D would come in handy sometime lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jedi_Master wrote:
It means make a character and don't be afraid to bring a friend too.

I'll work on it this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:29 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

can we please try and post within two days? I get Gencon was going on for a few and something came up with JM. I really like this RPG and would like it to move/not die

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:29 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

JM can my friend John join?
if so ill tell him to make a character.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Question, becasue I feel like I have been on a different page. From the write up, I thought we had all known each other for a while and that we had all been living on this planet for a most of our lives. Yes out characters ae acting like strangers and we don;t know where anything is.

I know it's rough when we are fanning back stories of character meetings, it just feels off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:46 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

In the intro it said that three knew each other for a while having met in a cantina. then my character doran was recruited because of his background. the last person met was recently. that person being slug. he is the one that got us the meeting with the Hutton(whom he lives with but we don't know that ). so slug lives in this city but we don't necessarily....so basically scouts and scoundrels are more familiar with each other than the soldier...but the soldier knows them a little better than the noble. The doc has been noted in his backstory as living mainly on his farm and the soldier went where ever he was set by either the military or private jobs...so it just kinda depends on the other two as far as how familiar they are with the city.

Does this help?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Ok I fixed my backstory added that he is known to do tests on himself(become super natural) and that things go this way even they shouldn't. I fixed my sheet too.

Since this is star wars but not cannon. I wanted to try out a superhero scientist kind of like banner/hulk. I just figured out a way to do it a few weeks ago.

In the real world found out away to give him streoids.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next