logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: A new Play by post RPG (looking for players)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Sorry there was nothing posted this weekend, I am waiting on boris's stats so we can continue.

you might be waiting till next year........lol

Pot to kettle...

Seriously, I am working on it. I'll have it for you tonight.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Okay so here is what I have for background so far:

My character's real name is Jorus Antilles III, but most everyone knows him as "Slug." His birth parents were nobility fleeing a coup on a planet within the Republic where they ruled, and were killed when their ship was attacked by pirates. Jorus was just a baby, and so he was left for dead among the wreckage of the ship. A merchant family who had decided to book passage on the ship headed for the current planet where they could settle down in peace stumbled upon the wreckage, and found him there. They took him home as their own child.

When Slug was nine years old, an agent working for the family of his birth parents came looking for him and wanted to take him back to the Republic. Fearing the search was part of a ruse to execute him so that no one would ever challenge the new ruler of his homeworld, the boy's merchant family sold him to the Hutts as a slave on a 10-year contract so that he might live. As part of the agreement, the Hutts killed the agent before he could tell anyone about the child. The Hutts had been long-term business partners with Slug's family, and so his secret was safe - they valued the large, long-term profits they earned from Slug's family over any immediate financial gains they might make by giving up the boy and his adopted family.

As a slave however, Slug was taught a different set of skills than what he learned from farming. He began his term of service with pickpocketing and as he grew older, traveled with smugglers who moved illegal goods for the Hutts. He was still very close with his parents throughout his childhood. Because of their relationship with the Hutts, Slug was better treated than many of the other slaves he knew, and most were resentful of him for it. He visited with his adopted parents often, but dreamed secretly of one day returning to his homeworld to reclaim his rightful heritage.

In the meantime, Slug is satisfied with his lifestyle, and just recently celebrated his 19th birthday, and thus earned his freedom. However, Slug chose to stay in their service - on contract, of course - and returned to his parent's home to help manage the farm on the side. His father is far too old to handle much of the work, and droids do just about everything, including providing defense in case anyone questionable comes around making trouble.
------------------------------------------
I'll work on the stats and any other details you need tonight.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Sorry there was nothing posted this weekend, I am waiting on boris's stats so we can continue.

Pot to kettle...

Jonny, bad. Boris, its fine. Just make sure to do the invisible castle rolls so everybody can make their characters. So far, obi is the only one in need of balance but I do have to adjust a slider still, for that I need your stats. (on a point buy system he has 60 points...double average and 20 points above everybody else is to much)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:45 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Jedi_Master wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:

Pot to kettle...

Jonny, bad. Boris, its fine. Just make sure to do the invisible castle rolls so everybody can make their characters. So far, obi is the only one in need of balance but I do have to adjust a slider still, for that I need your stats. (on a point buy system he has 60 points...double average and 20 points above everybody else is to much)

Just tell him to reroll. I really dont see how he got that high unless he rolled like 50 times.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:31 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:

Pot to kettle...

Just tell him to reroll. I really dont see how he got that high unless he rolled like 50 times.

Actually I have no idea what I rolled. :lol:
I'd much rather have the original stats i sent to Jedi_Master, its just unfortunate that i didn't show all 4 dice that were rolled. The one he is using is the first set i rolled correctly, although at the time I was just rolling that for fun/testing to see if i could roll 4 and set invisible castle to keep the 3 highest, while still showing all 4 dice rolls. I'd prefer more average stats since my character is a "jack of all trades" and is somewhat good at everything. One high stat is nice, but not 3, cause that is too good.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

obikenobi1 wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:

Pot to kettle...

Actually I have no idea what I rolled. :lol:
I'd much rather have the original stats i sent to Jedi_Master, its just unfortunate that i didn't show all 4 dice that were rolled. The one he is using is the first set i rolled correctly, although at the time I was just rolling that for fun/testing to see if i could roll 4 and set invisible castle to keep the 3 highest, while still showing all 4 dice rolls. I'd prefer more average stats since my character is a "jack of all trades" and is somewhat good at everything. One high stat is nice, but not 3, cause that is too good.

if your score adds up to 60 you have like all 18's even then i dont see how it can get that high.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:47 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Is this a dice roll or point buy? I tried to use invisible castle but I wasn't sure what to do after I finished rolling the online dice for attributes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

its just die rolls
7 rolls 4d6

You go to die roll in IC then put everything in then copy the Url one or just copy the data base or just give him the name of your hero and he can look it up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
if your score adds up to 60 you have like all 18's even then i dont see how it can get that high.

Point buy is normally 1 for 9, 2 for 10, 3 for 11, 4 for 12, 5 for 13, 6 for 14, 8 for 15, 10 for 16, 13 for 17, and 16 for 18. He rolled high but straight 16's is 60, not straight 18's. I should have everybody's stats tonight so you can start/finish your character sheets.

Boris, we are doing rolls but I am using the point buy system to balance them out so one person *cough obi cough* doesn't have ridiculously high stats or low stats compared to everybody else. Jonny was right on how to show me the rolls. If you put your name or your characters name in I can find it myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:04 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I'll join if you all don't mind. However, I am a total noob on this stuff. The only RPG I ran is a very very laid back one with a few friends(even though it was epic). Just PM me what all you need, as well as website/links to get the info, and i'll get it to you asap. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

DieAndBeMetal wrote:
I'll join if you all don't mind. However, I am a total noob on this stuff. The only RPG I ran is a very very laid back one with a few friends(even though it was epic). Just PM me what all you need, as well as website/links to get the info, and i'll get it to you asap. :)

That's fine. You need the saga edition core rule-book and to go to the link and follow the instructions on the first post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:46 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Jinn Starr, Human Scoudrel. 32 standard years old.

As a child born of the infamous smuggler Jethro Starr, he was abandoned in the slums by his father due his overwhelming debt, as well as his care for Jinn's life. His mother was a small town farmer's maid, and he has no recollection of her in his memory due to his father taking Jinn with him at an early age. After being dropped off in the slums, Jinn struggled to find much help, until he met an elderly human named Darius Bailstone. Bailstone was the owner of a local cantina, and he offered Jinn a small time job helping him clean up after the place, as well as give him a place to stay. While Jinn was stranded in the slums, he picked up a few habits, including small time gambling and a short fuse temper. This proved to be a bit of a problem at first for Darius, as Jinn would gamble away the money he achieved from working for him, as well as him fighting with other patrons. Darius was a loving old man, and loved Jinn as his own. But, one night at the cantina, a fight broke out between Jinn and a Rodian patron, and Darius was struck with a blaster bolt between ribcage, killing him instantly. Jinn, infuriated, knocked the blaster from the rodian's hands and shot him, avenging Darius's death. With two figures gone from his life, he was left devastated. Jinn decided to run the cantina, as Darius had no heir to his property. For a few years, this worked well for him. But, he had multiple assassination attempts over the years due to having the Starr name. It hardened his body and mind to be ready at anytime and any place.

One day, a hutt's henchman walked into his cantina and offered his a gamble of a lifetime: one all or nothing attempt in a game of cards for the cantina. The hutt desired a new place to own, and Jinn's cantina was in the perfect spot. Jinn, however doubting he was of the situation, could not turn it down due to his gambling nature. Jinn ended up losing it all, which put him back to having nothing. Jinn, devastated yet again, resorts to near death tactics and shoots the hutt several times and escapes from the facility. With nothing but his blaster and a few credits, he leaves the world in search of hope.

Jinn landed on this new world, and decided to go to the only thing he knew well: cantinas. It was here that he meets several friends and becomes a regular. The Starr name is not known as well here(if at all), and it's for the better. Jinn still wonders whatever happened to his father. He works the card tables at the cantina, doing substantially better than at the other cantina. He has grown to love this place, where his luck thrives. Will it keep thriving? I guess we will find out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:28 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I can't get invisible castle to work. I registered and after doing so, it said it sent an activation email to me but I never got one - not even in the spam folder. So I thought maybe I entered my email address wrong and so I made a second one using a different email, and I didn't get an activation email there, either. Not sure what I am doing wrong, the second email address entered automatically so I know I didn't type it wrong that time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:03 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I didn't have to type in an email address. It just did it without it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah I can roll dice but it said I can't link my character to a campaign without logging in. Not sure how to find my character again, either.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Yeah I can roll dice but it said I can't link my character to a campaign without logging in. Not sure how to find my character again, either.

I didn't link my character to a campaign. I just copied the url of the page i had my rolls on and then sent that in a pm to Jedi Master.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

screens go 2 1 not 1 2 sorry

go to roll dice
add in your name in te box. you will be able to searc since you named it
roll 7
4d6

click roll dice (water got on my keyboard so i am missing a ew keys sorry)

on 1
your rolls are tere. you will want te url one at te bottom. give tat to JM

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

[Character Name] Ryuu
[size] med[species]Ithorian [class] Scoundrel
Destiny: 0; Force 5
Init: +0; Senses Perception +9
Languages: Basic Ithorese huttese Ryl

Defenses: Ref 13, Fort 12, Will 18
hp: 19; Threshold: 12

Speed: 6 squares
Melee by weapon: +0
Ranged by weapon: +1
Base Atk: +0; Grp +0
Bellow Atk:(+level,1d20) Standard action: 4d6 vs Fort def, 6-square Cone(half damage if missed),-1 down the trap, add a die to the damage for an extra -1 down the track(max 3 times)
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 18, Cha 18
Talents: Fools Luck
Feats: Devastating Bellow, Point blank shot, Skill Focus Life Science,Weapon pro pistols, simple
Skills: Perception+9, Knowledge life science +12, Use the Computer +7, Persuasion +9, Deception +9, Gather Info +9
Possessions: Utility Belt,3000 cash,
Load: 5 kg / 25 kg

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm sorry, I had to go to my parent's house the last couple of days kind of unexpectedly and I didn't have internet access from there to do this, so I'm behind. Thanks for the tips, I will get it done this weekend. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:20 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

any news?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next