logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:26 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Shak looks confused "no going on smashing anything from what I see"

"I am a little worried about these people from what I can see"

He puts his hand on his head and starts talking in Houk out loud

In Houk
Spoiler: show
WEEEEEEEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GERRRRREE QQEEEEEEk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Dorian watches the droid work for a minute before speaking again. "Droid, when your task is complete take me to the nearest information center. This is my first time on this world and I would like to explore the local attractions for a time."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Jester007 wrote:
Cander... asks, "Anyone got an idea of where we're headed?"
In case anyone missed it.

Dorian hears mechanical laughter coming from the direction of the droid. The droid points to a pile of rubble down the street and says, "That is what is left of what you seek. After the Republic proved their strength, there is little to see here besides what is left of a dieing city." After a lengthy pause, as he continues working, the droid says, "I have never been out of the space port so I do not know the area, but you may have more success in the main city. I do not know what condition it is in, and calculate it is in slimier disrepair due to the reduced traffic. "

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:04 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
skad over hears the droid "anyway we can get back in the ship and fly over the planet to see a little more or should we just head into the city blind"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:08 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 34
"Let's go exploring! I want to go to the main city. Let's go! Let's go!" Elanor latches onto Dorian's arm and jumps up and down acting like a child. Her eyes race from side to side, debating if she should pick up some of the scrap metal that she sees on the ground.

I can definitely use these scraps and turn it into some type of chemical grenade. Oh! That's a nice one!

She crosses her arms and coughs,"Erm.. Like the hunk of metal said, we might have more success in the main city."

Elanor looks over to Skad,"Let's not take the ship and get some exercise. Being cooped up in a ship all day isn't my cup of tea."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:20 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
"Mine either my dear." Dorian smiles at Elanor as she clings to his arm. "However, it might be more worth our while to explore areas outside the major population centers. After all, the people we tend to do business with like lower profiles and out of the way places." He looks around the immediate surroundings again.

I'm not sure but if this planet was destroyed quickly some of the more rare items would still be on world. We could make a fortune if we can find a ruined museum or militia armory.

"Yes, let us explore the outskirts of town. Captain?" He calls back, hoping the woman can hear him. "Would it be at all possible to get a former city map? It would be of great benefit."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
"Honey, I can tell you that my system doesn't have one, and I doubt that you will find a working terminal. Good luck, I have work to do." The Captain waves over her shoulder as she walks back onto the ship.

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:03 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 67
After glancing at the rubble, Avran wonders if there were any Jedi involved in the defense of this planet. Hopefully I can find the whereabouts of some remaining Jedi but by the looks of this place, they either died trying to defend it or left to defend some other world, He thinks to himself. Avran asks the droid "There is evidence to suggest that a war took place here to defend this planet, do you know what Republic platoon was sent to defend this world? and if you don't know, is there someone who might know?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:13 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Everyone hears metallic laughing again. The droid replies, "The Republic were the ones that attacked this place. What rock have you been on for the last few years?"

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Lets go then
He raises his arms up in the air.

"COME ON LETS GO"

"Guys what direction is this city in?"
Quote:
Can some one that has survival find out where north is or/and try and track?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:43 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
Nuuhatyc follows Skad in the direction he is moving, eager to see what is out there. Speaking to Avran, Nuuhatyc says "This place was alligned with the seperatists in the war. This used to be a place of great prosperity and prominence. Now the war has turned it into a shadow of its former glory. Maybe we will find something though that will help us in our fight against the empire."

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:26 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Dorian sighs and looks as Skad runs off. He looks at Elanor and whispers, "First chance we get, kill that thing." Dorian then follows the overgrown child with Elanor at his side. "lead on oh impatient one." he states with a hint of sarcasm.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Jedi_Master on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:32 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 34
"Hm.. well I can see the main city from here. I assume it's where all the grey cement-like structures are at." Elanor lips curl into a devilish smile as she pulls Dorian's arm and follows Skad into the city.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:45 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Quote:
So are we in the city now or am I just far head about to get myself killed? I am lost

If we are at the city
Skad runs into the city leading the pack(walking) what does skad see?
check
1d20+8+7=15

1d20+8=15


Last edited by jonnyb815 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 67
Avran follows Skad as he seems to know where he is going. "Thank you Nuuhatyc for that insight, I didn't participate much in the war and therefore know little about the worlds on either side." So I don't loose face with my companions I had better read up on the worlds we are to visit before asking questions about them Avran thinks to himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:26 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
"No problem Avran! If you'd like to learn more about Mandalore I'd be happy to tell you. For now, though lets see what we can find around here."

I do a perception check to see if I notice anything out of the usual.

Spoiler: show
1d20+6 for the check

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:29 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
As you enter the main city you begin seeing locals, all Neimoidians. The further you travel from the space port the more opulent the damaged buildings get. As you walk down the main street of the city you finally see consistent signs of life, people walking, a group of swoop bikes cross an intersection ahead of you, construction droids clearing derby from side roads, open businesses. From what you can tell, maybe 10% of the city is still inhabited.

Perception check for anything unusual DC15, Cannot take 10.
Spoiler: show
You notice that the creatures on the speeders were not Neimoidians.

[edit]fix spelling.

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Quote:
Perception check of the area. Looking for any signs of a place to get a city map or anything of the like. 2+2=4 For a noble, my character sucks at rolls...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:29 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Edit

Skad looks down at the bike track marks and quickly points.
He then has a confused look on his face.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 34
Quote:
Perception check for Main City 2+8=10

Elanor looks at Skad’s weird expression on his face. He must be having one of his tantrums again. Elanor shrugs and lets go of Dorian’s arm. She whispers into his ear in Jawa.

In Jawa
Spoiler: show
You should go talk to the locals on the street and act like you’re a tourist. I’m going to head over to the canteen to talk to the locals as well. If you think we need anything, such as equipment, there’s a shop over there. Heh, while you’re at it, you should make a transaction with the shopkeeper so we can have another contact for our... business. When you’re done, come get me.

Elanor runs her hand through her hair as she casually walks towards the nearest canteen. She finds herself a seat and orders a drink. She scans the room looking for someone to talk to.
Quote:
Perception check for Canteen 15+8=23


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield