logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance: A Wretched Hive
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:06 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
If Six-Six was translating I would not use the spoiler block. But the story has continued so we will leave it.
So everyone please be careful with the spoiler blocks. Before you open them make sure you qualify.

Quote:
Dorian's Dark Side Score increases to one for killing a helpless creature.

The crowd apposes at the display of skill used to shoot the glass out of the air, vaporizing the glass. Darga's smiles once again and says in Huttese,
Spoiler: show
"Your demonstration is impressive. Please stay in my court for the next few days so we can get to know each other better. I am expecting other guest, you can leave when they do. We can talk specifics before you depart. For now dinner."

Seeing that you have gained his masters favor Six-Six says, "The meal will be served in the banqueting hall. I will take you there. Mighty Darga has business to deal with, so he will not be going directly. This way." The droid leads you though hallways that are a mix of Neimoidian spender and Hutt decor. When you reach the banquet hall you are seated next to the head of the table. The gourmet meal arrives shortly after you are seated. The dishes on the table are made of a material that appears to be platinum, the light fixtures seam to be gold. Everything about the table and setting screams extravagance (think Donald Trump). Approximately fifteen minutes into the serving of the meal Darga enters with four Gamorren guards and takes his place at the head of the table.

During the meal, Darga asks many questions about the heroes through Six-Six: who you are, where you come from, what some of your exploits are, and so on.

Quote:
Each character should answer the above questions and add any thing they feel fits the situation. This is a chance to flesh out your character and add to your background. Have fun. :Jawa:

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:00 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nuuhatyc is stunned at the turn of events. Barely able to restrain his anger and Dorian for killing an innocent man and foiling his plan, he thinks to himself.I was going to save this mans life you idiot. Your too interested in killing and making a profit than doing anything good. I'll remember this! And I am no ones subordinate. But he will pay for what he did. He has no idea what I'm capable of.

Forcing a smile Nuuhatyc says to Dorian so others can't hear and to not draw attention to himself "Of course. And if you point that blaster at me again, I gaurentee you won't be able to hold a blaster again for the rest of your pathetic life." Walking off towards the banquet hall, he purposefully bumps into Dorian's shoulder as he passes him and says "Contemplate that before you threaten me again!"

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian looks around to make sure nobody else is in earshot then grabs Nuuhatyc's shoulder. "get over here." He leads Nuuhatyc a few feet and out of sight before continuing. "Remember the roll you put yourself in, having me talk to darga made you the subordinate in his eyes. We are undercover here, remember? As a subordinate you have to obey and you were doing a very poor job of that. Be prepared for your roll next time you choose it." He looks at Nuuhatyc's shirt and sighs. "Find a new shirt, I'll buy it. Next time you want to save somebody, make sure you can do so without getting the rest of us killed or threatening our mission and I will be more than happy to help." He looks around again to make sure nobody is around. "After dark we should look for any information we can. Be careful not to draw to much attention to yourself." He sighs, "I have a feeling I will be babysitting skad for just that reason."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:04 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Elanor gazes upon the gourmet meal in front of her and grits her teeth. Habitually she grabs the napkin on the left side, places on her lap, and reaches for her salad fork only to feel the silk table cloth beneath her fingertips.

Where the crap is my salad fork?!

She looks around her plate in search for her missing salad fork.

How the hell am I going to eat my salad without my salad fork? I’m going to blow up the droid responsible for this. Ugh, I’ll keep a mental note of that for later...

She blankly stares to the left side of her plate only observing the desert fork and the dinner fork next to it.

Seriously, where’s that damn salad fork.

In disgust, she bites her lip and takes the desert fork begrudgingly and stabs it into the salad. As Elanor ignored her mental battle of the missing salad fork and inappropriate placing of the three different types of wine glasses on her right, she quickly looks to her right to see an empty seat where Dorian should be and sighs quietly. She averts her eyes back at Six-Six and begins to tell her story.

“The name is Elanor Evern. I was orphaned by the clone wars. My home town was attacked and destroyed when I was just a baby. The only reason I didn’t die there was because a solider took me in and brought me up in a mercenary camp as a camp project. I am skilled in military weaponry and demolitions.”

She smiles at the memory of all the masterpieces she left behind as she twirls her wedding band around her finger.

“Dorian and I met through business transactions with my unit during the war. But when the war ended, so did the unit. Dorian gave me a place to stay and the rest is history. Currently, we travel the universe in search for new business ventures. Although, I’m sure you’re aware of that, Darga.”

Her lips curl into a slight smile as she tilts her head to side studying Darga’s face.

He better get that damn salad fork soon or I’m gunna lose it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:53 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Before dinner he talks to to Dorian away from everyone and says
"You know that I have a feeling a hutt might of killed my father and I really dont want to work with this hutt. I am willing to work with the group so we can get this mission done but thats about it."

Dinner

Skad looks around at the food and is amazed. He then looks at the droid and back at the droid.
Skad"All you need to know is I like to smash things and that I am on a mission to find my father, oooo the name is SKAD"

Then he looks back at the food.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:59 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Darga looks expectantly at the three that have yet to answer.

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:32 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Once he gets seated and settled in, Cander fills up his plate with food then begins to dig in. While he is eating, he thinks to himself,
Not bad, at least the grub is better than whats on the ship. Still, I can't wait to get off this rock. And what's with that chick over there? Has she never seen utensiles before? Whatever....Dont' care as long as it doesn't involve me.

After Cander finishes about half his food, he looks towards Darga and replies to his questions in Huttese,
Everyone calls me Cander. Originally from Alderaan, but was orphaned. I was relocated to another environment soon afterwards.

To keep himself from showing an emotional reaction and to mentally compose himself from a flood of horrific memories that are flooding him, Cander takes another bite of his food.
Don't worry dad, I'll kill the schuttas responsible for the deaths of you and mom. I swear I'll find Anya and take her to a place where she at least can start a new life; even if it kills me.

After swallowing his food and washing it down with some of his drink, Cander continues with his answers to Darga,
As to my exploits, guess I'm just lucky to be alive and good with a gun. I've been hired as part of Dorian's security and have a good understanding with him. I get paid, fed and have a place to sleep. Nothing more I can really ask for right now.

Cander indicates he is done giving answers and goes back to dinner a little more somber than before though. He casually looks around the room looking at the decorations, but is also seeing where the exits are and where guards are positioned.
Quote:

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:14 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad eats this dinner pretty fast and when h looks around to see where the door exits are and to see who all is in he room.
Quote:
roll 17
I am on my iPad I'll post a link later

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:49 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

There are a number of entrenches/exits to the room. The way you entered the room was from the side of the banquette table. Opposite where you entered there are two doors that seam to go to the kitchen. And the final entrance is from behind the head of the table where Darga entered. Besides the Heroes there are fifteen other guest from the audience chamber at the meal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

After thanking the servants as they place the various dishes in front of him he says "My name is Avran Jenko. I was raised on Manaan and studied at their medical facilities to become a first responder when I turned 11. I have seen my share of war as I served as a battlefield medic during the clone wars. I prefer a peaceful outcome to situations, though when faced with no other option I can and will use force." After answering only the necessary amount of information, Avran started to eat the food prepared for him. The less this guy knows about my past the better. I would rather he not know about my affinity for the force or in what capacity I served as a field medic. I noticed someone trying to determine if I was force sensitive before so I had better be careful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:00 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
Alright, I waited 2 days, I'll just go. I am assuming the conversation only took a minute or two so I wouldn't look out of place entering when I did.

After speaking with Nuuhatyc, Dorian enters the dining area and sits with the rest of them. He is rather quiet during his meal, watching in amusement as Elanor slowly goes insane over the fork issue. I trained you to well dear. He shakes his head and looks to Darga. After the others answer he replies in Huttese.
"Elanor and myself have been together the longest in my group. She was with me before I could afford the protection I now carry. The others I hire based on skills they demonstrate and needs related to my travels. Nuuhatyc was the most recent addition. He is, eager, and still trying to hard to please, so do forgive any oddities he demonstrates."

He looks around the room, satisfied everybody else is eating before continuing in Huttese.
"I have personally handled many weapons transactions. The majority of my early work involved Elanor's mercenary unit. This helped me gain several connections to higher yield weaponry and more limited back channels to military surplus that help me acquire much to this day. After the wars end, business began to dry up, so my families more legitimate droid works business is a little more profitable. Still, as long as there are two people in this universe, one will need a gun. So here I am, looking at one of those individuals right now."

Dorian smiles and continues his meal. Forgetting himself a little and slipping into basic.
"Oh yes, a war story. Lets see, a good one...a good one...Oh yes, Elanor's 'training' mission. You see, when we first met Elanor was sent to me by her commander, hearing word that I was the man to talk to about big guns. His idea of a good test to see what I had was to send me on one of Elanor's demolition team runs. I got to provide the explosives, rifles, ammo, you name it."
He slaps his hand on the table a few times, laughing.
"Oh I pissed her off so much that day. You see, at that point I was only in the business selling weapons, not using them. So I made a few...grievous errors when confronted with combat. I dropped the frags at one point, forgot to pull a pin before throwing a detonator, and even left my safety on when we got in a firefight. Oh I was so stupid, pulling the trigger of a gun thinking it was firing and it was not. At that point I decided an expert was needed so I did not make a fool of myself again, so now she follows me and does weapon demonstrations in my stead." He thinks back to the man he shot earlier and sighs before continuing. "However, I have gotten much better at showing off my wares on my own. Call it a job hazard if you will but there are times when knowing how to use the weapons you sell comes in handy." He looks at the hutt and gives a little smile. "Times such as this, when I need to demonstrate on a larger scale for a potential client." He raises a glass to the hutt. "To business, may it always be lucrative, even in these troubled times."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:46 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Telling the waiter that he would like a Corellian Ale to drink, he makes his way to the table. After sitting down at the table, Nuuhatyc just stares at the food, the extravagance, and then looks to Darga as he prompted him for his name and some history. Nuuhatyc speaks to Darga through the translator droid and says in basic "My name is Nuuhatyc. I am a Mandalorian and am skilled in hand to hand combat. I grew up on Mandalore through the turbulent times of the Clone Wars. I had many dealings with the Death Watch movement and served with Mandalorian security during the war. My father taught me everything about hand to hand combat and I am skilled at using K'Tara techniques. I have since then left Mandalore and hired my services to groups needing someone to get jobs done without causing to much attention to the group as a whole." Forcing a smile towards to bloated slime covered slug sitting in front of him, he begrudgingly says "It is a pleasure to work with you and your men. To success and profit!" Holding his glass up in the air, he makes the effort of performing a Mandalorian toast to honor Darga and drinks his Corellian ale.

Nuuhatyc thinks to himself. This has got to be my worst day at work ever. Its enough to put up with all the killing some people in my group enjoy doing. Glaring at Dorian and Skad he thinks I hate killers. It makes my job that much more difficult. I'm going to need a long day of meditation to figure out how to limit the casualties in the next few days. The more innocent lives I can save, the better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:54 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Darga responds in Huttese,
"Dorian, if you are so eager to gain my business please arrange for a shipment of your wares to arrive here in the next few days. Provide a good cross section of the types of items that you have access to. Whale we wait for these items to arrive we shall get to know each other and you will see how much I have to offer you - and when everything arrives I will better see what you have to offer me. For now enjoy the meal, and I'm shore you have questions that you would like answered as well."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:25 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nuuhatyc gets up from his seat with his Corellian ale in hand and wanders around the palace for a while. I wonder what a Neimodian was doing advising Darga. I should try and find him and ascertain what the position of the Neimodians are on Cato Neimodia in realation to the hutts and if the Swoop bike mercenaries are really a threat to Darga.

As I walk around, I also look for other humans whom I can converse freely with in basic.

Perception check to find other humans and the Neimodian Advisor seen earlier:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

"Hear, hear."

Elanor raises her glass of wine with the others.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian gives a small smile to the hutt then responds in Huttese

"The samples of my wares are what we carry. You know as well as I do that you have to order then pay for goods before receiving the shipment, this is not my first weapons deal. Or were you expecting something for free?"

Dorian chuckles slightly then watches as Nuuhatyc stands up and begins to wander. With a slight sigh, he continues in basic. "As I expressed before, we will gladly demonstrate these weapons on any adversary you have. After that, or should you have none you wish dispatched, we can arrange a price and a payment method, as well as amount and weapons type desired, that is acceptable to both parties." He pauses to sample some of the food brought out by the hutt's servants before he continues, "I am also very interested in just how much you can provide in payment. With the legal acquisition troubles and the difficulty of obtaining the proper, writable documents, military grade weaponry does not come cheap."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Avran, guessing that their may be another weapons demonstration states "Mighty Darga, may I ask that the next weapons demonstration be on a non living target such as a block of permacrete. I object to the killing of unarmed opponents therefore I ask humbly that the next target may be a non living standin." After saying that Avran continues to eat the lavish meal prepared for him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:38 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Looking to Nuuhatyc Six-Six says, "I would not wonder off if I were you. Most creatures here are very dangerous and they don't like others snooping in there business, as I'm sure you understand."

Darga replies to Dorian in Huttese,
"Six-Six, explain to him and his associates."
then looking to the group,
"excuse me."
and Darga leaves for the night.

After his masters departure Six-Six says, "The mighty Darga is not expecting anything for free. As you should know weapons are never paid for until you receive shipment. To see how useful your services will be he has asked you to arrange delivery of a verity of your wares so that he can distribute them into his organization and get feed back from the creatures that will be using them. Since Darga is leaving the items delivered up to you and has not asked your price, you should understand that the price does not matter on the sample order. If your price is too high or your goods do not stand up to field test you will never do business in this sector again..." After a long pause he continues, "Once you have finished eating I will take you to your quarters for your stay here."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dorian finishes eating and looks around the room to see how the others are doing.

Quote:
yeah, umm, I got nothing here :stormie2:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:45 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Skad finishes his dinner and gets up from the table.
"Well that was pretty good"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next