logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:33 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 pm
Posts: 159
TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Out of curiosity, can I use Elanor's credits and my background abilities to buy her weapons? Our backgrounds are linked so I didn't think to much about it but I wanted to ask you.

For equality of character creation each character will have to make purchases prior to the beginning of the game using there credits, and there abilities. After the game begins the group will be able to aid each other.

Jester007 wrote:
How are you getting my blaster to be 4000 credits? Its just a basic Heavy Blaster Pistol from the Core book that costs 750 w/ a 20% License fee. Then the improved accuracy upgrade costs 1000 credits. If there's something I missed, please let me know.

Improved accuracy is only 1000 credits if you have the tech specialist feat, if you do not have it the upgrade cost 2000 credits.


Gotch ya. So that will bring my blaster pistol total cost to 2900 credits, which includes the licensing fee. Any possibility I can haggle to take 500 off? Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Jester007

_________________
Got Squig?

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:49 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Not before the game. That would require a skill check, and they are reserved for play.

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:01 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
i dont have a clue what to play. I want to play my concealment weapon or poison character but either build is a stealth/mobile smuggler but do we really need three stealth guys. Then the skill check stuff is really covered.

Ill just play a jawa lol :Jawa: lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Alrighty then, looks like Elanor will have to edit her weapons a little to be able to afford them.

As for the price, the first post states that military weapons need to be purchased from the black market, which is a 4X cost multiplier. Meaning your 750 pistol costs you 3,000 plus the license fee. ---EDIT--- Oh, goofed again, heavy blasters are okay and legal under normal value. Also, I was talking as though it was good news, as I couldn't see how you spent 10,000 credits anyway :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny, if you aren't opposed to it, I know a good track shooter build who is fairly healthy and not completely dumb outside of battle, want the basic rundown?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:28 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Jedi_Master wrote:
Alrighty then, looks like Elanor will have to edit her weapons a little to be able to afford them.

As for the price, the first post states that military weapons need to be purchased from the black market, which is a 4X cost multiplier. Meaning your 750 pistol costs you 3,000 plus the license fee. ---EDIT--- Oh, goofed again, heavy blasters are okay and legal under normal value. Also, I was talking as though it was good news, as I couldn't see how you spent 10,000 credits anyway :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny, if you aren't opposed to it, I know a good track shooter build who is fairly healthy and not completely dumb outside of battle, want the basic rundown?

ok...............


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:59 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Alright. Pick any species who works good as a shooter or you just like. Start out as either a noble, scoundrel, scout, or soldier. You have four levels to play around with. Fifth-Seventh level has to be scout and you have to take Acute Senses. After that, what you are going for is one more talent in Awareness (I prefer improved init) and the following feats; Quick draw, Point blank shot, and precise shot. Other than that, the build is open to anything you want until level 8 where you take either bounty hunter or gunslinger, then level 9 where you take the other. BH takes hunters mark talent, GS takes debilitating shot. From there you can take anybody -2 on the condition track with any ranged weapon if you aim.

I would say, take Noble at level 1 for the skills or Soldier for the HP. Soldier lets you get some good melee in, Noble lets you benefit the group a lot.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 34
Jester007 wrote:
My character may be similar to Obi's, but the big difference is my character likes to hide in plain sight instead of using Stealth to sneak around.

Um.. isn't hiding in plain sight the same thing as sneaking around? Both of your characters are quite similar, one carry's a wardrobe of disguises/make-up supplies to turn into someone else where as the other just simply uses his natural ability to do the same thing. Also, how effective would your disguises/shape-shifting be in a RPG group of six people?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:03 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Jedi_Master wrote:
Alright. Pick any species who works good as a shooter or you just like. Start out as either a noble, scoundrel, scout, or soldier. You have four levels to play around with. Fifth-Seventh level has to be scout and you have to take Acute Senses. After that, what you are going for is one more talent in Awareness (I prefer improved init) and the following feats; Quick draw, Point blank shot, and precise shot. Other than that, the build is open to anything you want until level 8 where you take either bounty hunter or gunslinger, then level 9 where you take the other. BH takes hunters mark talent, GS takes debilitating shot. From there you can take anybody -2 on the condition track with any ranged weapon if you aim.

I would say, take Noble at level 1 for the skills or Soldier for the HP. Soldier lets you get some good melee in, Noble lets you benefit the group a lot.

I am going to go another route.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Well, if you really have your heart set on a sneaky sniper or something, we can always make due with 3.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
A sniper, if built right, would be the ranged support that you were looking for..

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
ill figure something that will work with the group.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:19 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
A sniper, if built right, would be the ranged support that you were looking for..


Yes, but would he be the droid we were looking for? :P

We have a weird group. I am not much for combat. Plan on taking stand tall next level though, that should help some. Obi seems to be...a...umm...melee sneaker spy hybrid? Jester is the face of the group it appears. Sweets makes all the things explode. So we need a good wall melee (unless obi is planning on building into grapple) a good ranger and a good medic.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:25 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Oh, please add a character picture and physical information (Age; Hair Color; Hair Length and Style; Eye Color; Height; Weight; etc.) also provide a sentence or two about there appearance. Here is an example:
Quote:
Age 39; Hair Color Red/Blond; Hair Length and Style tied back; Eye Color brown/green; Height 1.7 m; Weight 90 kg
Appearance
Vil is an ex-soldier and you can see it in the way he carries himself. In his confidence and in his demeanor. His left shoulder is slightly lower than his right because of an old wound.

please also total the weight of the gear that you carry with you.

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Added to my character's description on the second page and posted a picture.

As a side note, with friends in low places, do I get the license for free based on the black market value of the item or the original item value?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:36 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
OK I am going to play a Bodyguard(harm's way or go the Draw fire route then ,range shooter then at level 8 take pathfinder so i can move people around does that work then go Elite Trooper and take the better bodyguard talents at level 9 or 10.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Jedi_Master wrote:
As a side note, with friends in low places, do I get the license for free based on the black market value of the item or the original item value?

The feat Friends in low Places lets you use Gather Information instead of Knowledge (bureaucracy) and reduces the cost of items on the black market. That has nothing to do with the price of the required license.

Were you thinking of Connections? If so lets use the reduced black market price for now and I will look into it more.

_________________
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
As a side note, with friends in low places, do I get the license for free based on the black market value of the item or the original item value?

The feat Friends in low Places lets you use Gather Information instead of Knowledge (bureaucracy) and reduces the cost of items on the black market. That has nothing to do with the price of the required license.

Were you thinking of Connections? If so lets use the reduced black market price for now and I will look into it more.


Haha, yeah, connections. I have both so I confused the two. Do look into it though, as it is a big savings in the end.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:18 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 pm
Posts: 159
sweeteyes55 wrote:
Um.. isn't hiding in plain sight the same thing as sneaking around? Both of your characters are quite similar, one carry's a wardrobe of disguises/make-up supplies to turn into someone else where as the other just simply uses his natural ability to do the same thing. Also, how effective would your disguises/shape-shifting be in a RPG group of six people?


Not quite. If someone looks like they belong, people tend not to notice something deemed as normal (who is going to remember some random waiter). Also, my disguises won't show up on a bio-scanner where a clawdite can be detected. That can be useful if we need to infiltrate a facility. Obi's character is designed to use shadows and concealment to move around while my character can use a fake persona to walk right in the front door and BS his way through.

Here's an example. Let's say you want to appropriate a mini fridge from an officers' dinning hall where there is always someone on watch or eating. What would be easier, sneaking in a trying to whisk the fridge away stealthily w/ no explanation of why you are there, or being dressed up with proper paperwork (fake of course) explaining that you're there on a trouble call to take the fridge back to your shop for some maintenance?

As to the effectiveness of my character, your characters may not know who I am dressed up like even though you, the player, may have that information. My character may require leaving your characters in the dark sometimes to make my disguise less noticeable and believable. Doesn't help if my disguise is recognized by your characters when my alternate identity isn't suppose to have met you before.

Now for combat, I will straight up tell you that my character will try to avoid confrontations if possible. He's just not built for fighting. He could provide assistance out of scene by possibly diverting enemy reinforcements, opening/closing security doors for the group, etc.

Sincerely,
Jester007

_________________
Got Squig?

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:45 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
Jester007 wrote:
sweeteyes55 wrote:
Um.. isn't hiding in plain sight the same thing as sneaking around? Both of your characters are quite similar, one carry's a wardrobe of disguises/make-up supplies to turn into someone else where as the other just simply uses his natural ability to do the same thing. Also, how effective would your disguises/shape-shifting be in a RPG group of six people?


Not quite. If someone looks like they belong, people tend not to notice something deemed as normal (who is going to remember some random waiter). Also, my disguises won't show up on a bio-scanner where a clawdite can be detected. That can be useful if we need to infiltrate a facility. Obi's character is designed to use shadows and concealment to move around while my character can use a fake persona to walk right in the front door and BS his way through.

Here's an example. Let's say you want to appropriate a mini fridge from an officers' dinning hall where there is always someone on watch or eating. What would be easier, sneaking in a trying to whisk the fridge away stealthily w/ no explanation of why you are there, or being dressed up with proper paperwork (fake of course) explaining that you're there on a trouble call to take the fridge back to your shop for some maintenance?

As to the effectiveness of my character, your characters may not know who I am dressed up like even though you, the player, may have that information. My character may require leaving your characters in the dark sometimes to make my disguise less noticeable and believable. Doesn't help if my disguise is recognized by your characters when my alternate identity isn't suppose to have met you before.

Now for combat, I will straight up tell you that my character will try to avoid confrontations if possible. He's just not built for fighting. He could provide assistance out of scene by possibly diverting enemy reinforcements, opening/closing security doors for the group, etc.

Sincerely,
Jester007


Actually, from what I see, Obi plans on doing a mimic character who is good at melee just in case he gets caught. One that goes around in plain sight but can hide as soon as the occasion calls for it. As he has no range I highly doubt he is the stealthy strike from the shadows guy. That and I kind of like his idea better, sneak in, turn into who you need to be, get the task done, then sneak out. The fewer people who see you the fewer perception checks need to be made. That and if he is caught he can fight his way out till he finds a good hiding spot.

For example, the fridge thing. You walk through the front door with fake papers. Guard makes two perception checks, one for the papers and one for you. You also have to do a decent use computer check to forge the papers successfully and a good gather information to know they are legitimate. Then, you go down the halls telling every fourth storm trooper what you are doing there. Then you get to the fridge, tell the people in the room who ask what you are doing, perception and deception checks all around. Lastly you walk back out the front door with the fridge, getting asked the whole way out why you aren't taking the fridge to the in building maintenance shop.

Obi finds the building, sneaks past the guard who only gets an opposed perception check. He gets inside, waits till the coast is clear (his own perception check) then shape shifts into one of the people he saw exiting the building. Simple bluff checks to get to the fridge "oh, I forgot something in the mess hall". As he is somebody who everybody saw earlier there is less suspicion. He gets to the fridge without hardly a question. Then, at the fridge he brakes the light bulb by "accident" and decides it would be best if he took responsibility and brought it to the maintenance bay. Again simple bluff checks till he gets there. Now he knocks out the guys in the maintenance bay or doesn't even go there and sneaks back out with the fridge.

In short, Obi needs bluff, perception, and stealth. You need bluff, perception, use computer, gather information, credits for any bribes while gathering information, and all the appropriate uniforms. Also, Obi can fight his way out and hide should anything go wrong, as well as quickly (1 round) shape shift into something else. It takes what, 10 minutes for you to change appearance?

I am not trying to bash on you or anything, it is just, you two made very similar characters. Obi's just is more well rounded. On the plus side, you have the high perception and bluff checks which make you the face of the group. Something my character can do but not quite as well as yours. As I said before, we will make due no matter the group. I just think either you or obi should make a slight adjustment in character so you are both useful in other aspects.

A suggestion for that is you could take on a little bit of a shooter role. Drop the excess linguist feat and add in some combat feats like quick draw and zero range so you can do what obi does in a tight spot, shock and kill. Or go all out hacker tree so you can get everything in our way out of the way while still blending in and appearing like you are doing your job. What I am saying is diversify a little ^^

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
house rule idea?
Surefooted can work on low objects too like stable footing in minis if not I can get a jetpack with armor at some point.

My idea is(ill add more and pm it to walter if you guys think this is a good idea)

Scout1,Solider 2(start)
Harm's way,Surefooted
Str 10,Dex 17,Con 19,Int 11,Wis 10,Cha 6
Feats
Point blank shot,Precise Shot,weapon focus
(weapon pro: rifles pistols unarmed,Armor: light med,Shake it off)

Species Gen'Dai(speed 8,large)

Skills
Init,Perception,Endurance,

Weapon:Rifle(3d10),Knife


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield