logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Openings)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I updated the in-character thread.

I have also calculated all the characters current XP from the combat encounters and posting. I will add in skill encounters later, so currently the characters have:
  • Jester007 playing Cander Forte (4,160)
  • obikenobi1 playing Nuhaatyc (4,744)
  • spacemanspiff playing Avran Jenko (4,494)
  • Jedi_Master playing Dorian Evern (4,944)
  • sweeteyes55 playing Elanor Evern (4,894)
  • jonnyb815 playing Skad (4,594)

Also, it was my error thinking that the characters progress to level 4 at 4,000 instead of 6,000. All players that have reached 4,000 XP can level up their character. Level 5 will be gained by the rules at 10,000 XP.

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:03 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Where have all the players gone?

Is something going on that I don't know about?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Life just got busy for a little bit probably. I know spacemanspiff (aka my brother) has been working away from home all week and hasn't been around a computer for a few days. Are Avran's and Cander's XP correct? Avran (spacemanspiff) was in both the Vassal sessions we ran, while Jester was able to make it to only one so far. It seems to me that Avran should have more....

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:23 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Corrected. I typoed in the excel sheet, and missed it...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sorry for the delay in my posting. I have a lot going on this weekend in real life. I will do my best to have a response done Monday morning before I go to work. Per the posting guidelines everyone gets 100 XP for my failure to keep the story moving.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I have been racking my brain as to how you can walk out of Darga's court alive after threatening the Hutt in his own palace, and revealing that you have inside information... I have just responded to Cander's comments that paint a better picture of the situation. Feel free to discuss here what you want to do since I am at a loss on how to proceed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:08 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Well had I known Dorian was going to outright threaten the Hutt and get us all killed.....I would have used my K'tara Training and punched him in the gut and made it so he couldn't speak for the rest of the day. However, the damage is done and somehow Dorian also made Darga less likely to hear the diplomatic language from my character, since my character honestly beleived that Dorian had something intelligent to say and Dorian proceeded to downplay my introduction.

A possible way to get out of this that may work is for my character to start laughing at Dorian and talk to the Hutt as if the whole proposal was a bad joke and that Dorian's sense of humor needs work and that he is expereinceing a sudden insanity from the change in environment from his homeworld since we had just arrived a short while ago coupled with recent dealing with Imperials that had gone awry. I suggest we offer him the expensive bottle of Neimodian wine that we had bought and give it to the Hutt as recompence for Dorians lack of humor and hopefully Darga will be in a good mood with the party happening around him that he will take Dorains comments as insanity and not a threat. When talking with the Hutts, its best not to threaten them, but to speak to them with honorifics and get them into a good mood. I think we should change our strategy and say the buisness proposal we are offering is to offer our services as an infiltration team since we have already demonstrated an ability to find Darga, it might give him reason to believe we could do work for him in finding information he wants.

How does this sound to you Walter? I really like my character and wouldn't want it to die because of someone threatening Darga right away. We are in no position right now to threaten anyone, much less the Hutts on a world they control already probably. I think to empahise our ability to infilrate and gather info, my character could also shapeshift into the Neimodian Advisor that the Hutt has to prove how valuable we could be alive to the Hutt working for him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:46 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

At this point I am willing to let Kevin edit his post since I have not replied to it yet.

As for your idea to shape-shift in front of Darga... that would prove your ability to infiltrate but remember that all Clawdite's have an Imperial bounty on there heads currently (as do all Force-users). So it would be a risk, are you more valuable as an informant or is the bounty more valuable?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Haha, sorry about that, I was just thinking back to the movies where all Jabba ever got was stepped on by Han, threatened to be blowed up by Leia, Lando, and Luke, and ultimately just took it as a "you are a prick, you seem sure of yourself, confidence is a good thing in a business partner, if you fail me you are a dead prick" kind of thing. Actually, now that I think about it, every reference I have ever seen in Star Wars media regarding a hutt involves insulting them, threatening them, and offering them a deal involving a fair amount of credits. I thought I demonstrated it correctly but I guess I was off a bit. How should I go about editing it? Because if it was something like terribly wrong, I think my character would have both the intelligence and the galactic info to know better than to say what was said. I just wanted to do something more than put "persuade Hutt to give us information (roll persuasion)" Which reminds me, I need to do that :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:51 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Jedi_Master wrote:
Haha, sorry about that, I was just thinking back to the movies where all Jabba ever got was stepped on by Han, threatened to be blowed up by Leia, Lando, and Luke, and ultimately just took it as a "you are a prick, you seem sure of yourself, confidence is a good thing in a business partner, if you fail me you are a dead prick" kind of thing. Actually, now that I think about it, every reference I have ever seen in Star Wars media regarding a hutt involves insulting them, threatening them, and offering them a deal involving a fair amount of credits. I thought I demonstrated it correctly but I guess I was off a bit. How should I go about editing it? Because if it was something like terribly wrong, I think my character would have both the intelligence and the galactic info to know better than to say what was said. I just wanted to do something more than put "persuade Hutt to give us information (roll persuasion)" Which reminds me, I need to do that :P

Well, Luke tried to threaten Jabba in RotJ and look what Jabba tired to make him....Rancor meat. "You can either profit by this or be destroyed" was kinda what you were portraying to Darga, and I think the result would be the same as in the movie.

Last edited by obikenobi1 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I agree with obikenobi1, we are in no position to threaten a crime lord let alone one on his own turf. There are less threatening ways to be stern in diplomacy, although groveling may not be such a bad idea at the moment. I'm sure the hut realizes the strength that our entourage possesses therefore we do not need to pretend to have more power than we do (its not like we have the power of law on this planet). I wouldn't exactly draw from Hans example as how to deal with a hut, remember he was carbon frozen in the end due to his dealings and I'm sure the insults didn't help in his verdict.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:53 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

And as Obi pointed out Luke was thrown into a Rancor pit then was to be feed to the Sarlac.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

As the GM I don't want to tell you what to do. Since you are 4th level I would suggest only using one angle. If you want to sell yourself as an arms dealer, a mercenary group, an informant group, etc. do that. If you want to threaten him with your explosives (like Boushh/Leia) or some other route that I did not mention make sure you have something he wants and don't demand something of greater value.

Also, please post here after you have modified your post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:31 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I just deleted the old one and posted a new one.

Also, Han was frozen because he decided to stay behind with the rebels rather than go pay his debts, Jabba let a LOT slide up till that point. Luke was fed to animals because all he offered was a droid for Jabba's most prized centerpiece (and example of dissidence) then proceeded to threaten jabba when he said it wasn't near enough. Leia, however, managed to make out just fine till she came back to save Han.

obikenobi1 wrote:
Well, Luke tried to threaten Jabba in RotJ and look what Jabba tired to make him....Rancor meat. "You can either profit by this or be destroyed" was kinda what you were portraying to Darga, and I think the result would be the same as in the movie.

What I was trying to portray was "we are strong and for hire, either to you or to the others." Though, I have no idea how you would know as only skad, cander, and myself speak huttese :obi:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Maybe work on Darga's natural tendancy of greed work in our favor. Try to expand upon the initial offer of taking out a target for him to say....the keys to the city?

We help get rid of some of Darga's competitors in exchange for info, money, etc. Meanwhile we can gather the intel we need of Darga's involvment w/ the Empire.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:48 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If anyone has not noticed the story is moving again. Because of the delay I will not deduct ant XP for the next 48 hours so people can get back in the habit of posting. Sorry for the hang up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:53 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Once again, I have to ask, is the droid translating everything or what?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:47 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Wow...and here I was actually trying to save Warricks life by getting him out ouf the palace and out of sight and leaving him with enough credits and a disguise (the aqualish guards uniform I stole) so he could safely get off world. I guess that plan never came about. And I will need a new set of clothes to replace e the bloody mess Dorian made by blasting the poor fellow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:20 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

obikenobi1 wrote:
Wow...and here I was actually trying to save Warricks life by getting him out ouf the palace and out of sight and leaving him with enough credits and a disguise (the aqualish guards uniform I stole) so he could safely get off world. I guess that plan never came about. And I will need a new set of clothes to replace e the bloody mess Dorian made by blasting the poor fellow.

First, he was out of your hands at that point. Guards would have had the body and when he woke up we were dead. That and if he was fed to soemthing, just imigine how horrid an end that would be. Better kill him when he is asleep than letting him get slowly torn apart by Darga.

Also, keep in mind my character doesn't know yours is a shapeshifter, doesn't know about your uniform, and hasn't really heard a word from yours, so that was about the best choice we had left in his mind. Role play, not roll play ^^

----------------------------------------------------Edit-------------------------------------------------------------

I accept the dark side point as I assumed it was the reason for Darga doing what he did, though I have to ask, are they going to be that easy to get? Kill the guy who was trying to kill you earlier or be killed by the person who has a billion people with guns looking at you...seems more a logic thing than a dark side feeling thing.

Like I said, I am fine taking the point, just point it out for future questioning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Even though it is a little late to comment on this, and should probably let it drop...

Quote:
Luke was fed to animals because all he offered was a droid for Jabba's most prized centerpiece (and example of dissidence) then proceeded to threaten jabba when he said it wasn't near enough.

The gift of driods was as a 'token of his goodwill'(subservience), and when that didnt work out he tried other means namely mind tricking. The only insulting thing that luke did was to try to mind trick Jabba then say he was taking off w/ han and chewie. But all throughout there was a measure of profit to jabba as his his words said "you can either profit by this or be destroyed". I understand though that Boush did get away with threatening to kill jabba, but then again (we the audience not knowing how powerful a thermal detinator was) he did threaten to kill jabba and everyone in the room if it went off. That is alot more threatening than our little group of travelers (even if Skad looks intimidating). And as for han, Jabba tolerated him but only just. I can se where your first attempt was to simulate the Boush encounter, but we need to have bombs around the whole complex w/ a trigger present ready to push before intimidating a Hutt. Sorry if i dragged an already dead issue.

As far as whats going on currently, i think the turn of events are interesting, my peaceful character was standing in the chamber in horror as the Dorian proceeded to blow his head off (then again i dont know how we would have fulfilled the request for a weapon demonstration w/out doing that as per the hutt's statement). Since i have currently not made a background story for my character i guess it will be a mystery and you guys will see only bits of that in answering the questions presented to us.

Enjoying the RPG so far though, Keep it up :D !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next