SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=12143
Page 1 of 12

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Updated storyline

Dark Times
10 BBY

First session you will be somewhere in the middle rim check back soon.

You can play jedi(have a good storyline for them and understand the empire will be around)
Yes you will see troopers and maybe vader this time around. At least you will see a few hands.
We will be in the unknown regions,outer rim and inner rim(inner and outer the first few sessions).
You guys are fighting against the empire.


What you need for building?
Everyone gets 8,000 Credits + what they start with at level 1.
Level 7(you will level to 8 the first time we play)
30 pt build
No add ons to weapons or armor unless you take a talent or feat that lets you.
HAVE TO FIND A PICTURE OF YOUR CHARACTER
Wealth talent is banned.

We use a different vassal mod so please download the mod from the link below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/xPNowl6S/St ... odule.html

Jedi Master,JM Wife,Spaceman we need your skype names.

Wed july 20th 815 central,we will be back to Sundays

1.Matt
2.Obi
3.Bill
4.Jedi Master
5.Dean
6.Spaceman
7.JC Wife?
8.
Walter(when he is free)
Trev(when he is free)

Author:  obikenobi1 [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

How about next Sunday, not this upcoming one, but the next one. That way I'll have some time to look at different characters I want to play and get it ready by then. What kinda story premise are you thining? Are we allowed to play darkside? This time around, I might just make a character that can actually fight. I have an idea of a character I've been wanting to play for a long time. Lets just say he loves to throw things.....sharp things. :)

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

well I need to know if we play Kotor or Dark Times before I make a storyline.
I am open to players playing darkside. Next Sunday is a good idea.

Author:  Demosthenes [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

This sounds interesting and I'd like to play but I've never played the RPG before and wouldn't want to bog people down. :(

Author:  obikenobi1 [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

I'd like to play Dark Times.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Demosthenes wrote:
This sounds interesting and I'd like to play but I've never played the RPG before and wouldn't want to bog people down. :(

Guessing you have the books and know minis
You will be fine. When we started I didnt even know how to play. Its not that hard at all to make a character unless your name is chase lol.

Author:  TreebeardTheEnt [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Jonny you should restrict the players to 8 and maybe do a Dawn of Defiance game (set in the Dark times) since you are not good with story yet. if you need the modules I can provide them.

I would like to play, but with an infant I can not commit to anything because it depends when he goes to bed.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Jonny you should restrict the players to 8 and maybe do a Dawn of Defiance game (set in the Dark times) since you are not good with story yet. if you need the modules I can provide them.

I would like to play, but with an infant I can not commit to anything because it depends when he goes to bed.

Well I would restrict players but right now We are just trying to get four players every week.
So I am not worried about too many players this time.

Walter do you want me to put you down as a player. I really dont think we will get more than 8 every week. If you dont play much its not a big deal.

Author:  Jedi_Master [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

obikenobi1 wrote:
How about next Sunday, not this upcoming one, but the next one. That way I'll have some time to look at different characters I want to play and get it ready by then. What kinda story premise are you thining? Are we allowed to play darkside? This time around, I might just make a character that can actually fight. I have an indea ofr a character I've been wanting to play for a long time. Lets just say he loves to throw things.....sharp things. :)


How about you finish your RPG so I can play :P

Honestly, I have 2 characters made for this guy and he still hasn't finished his story so we can start. Since I have them sitting around, I would love to actually join an RPG. Mind if I tag along? I can get on...for a while. As obi knows, it depends on the wife how long I can be online, but she is usually good ^^

Author:  obikenobi1 [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Jedi_Master wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
How about next Sunday, not this upcoming one, but the next one. That way I'll have some time to look at different characters I want to play and get it ready by then. What kinda story premise are you thining? Are we allowed to play darkside? This time around, I might just make a character that can actually fight. I have an indea ofr a character I've been wanting to play for a long time. Lets just say he loves to throw things.....sharp things. :)


How about you finish your RPG so I can play :P

Honestly, I have 2 characters made for this guy and he still hasn't finished his story so we can start. Since I have them sitting around, I would love to actually join an RPG. Mind if I tag along? I can get on...for a while. As obi knows, it depends on the wife how long I can be online, but she is usually good ^^


To Kevin:

Patience, for a GM it is a time to plan as well. :mrgreen:

Its a lot harder to make a campaign than it is to make a character. Work and other stuff gets in the way, but I should have enough to make a session by next week. It will be my project this week to get the first session organized. :)




Anyways....back to this RPG. I have my character built Jonny. Is there going to be a seperate thread to post our stats in? And is our first game going to be this sunday?

Author:  Jedi_Master [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

obikenobi1 wrote:
Patience, for a GM it is a time to plan as well. :mrgreen:

Its a lot harder to make a campaign than it is to make a character. Work and other stuff gets in the way, but I should have enough to make a session by next week. It will be my project this week to get the first session organized. :)


Haha, remember when I made our campaign and we played every weekend? Yeah, I had like an hour a week to plan, I am just that awesome :saber:

But yeah, I was gonna ask, what does the 30 point thing mean?

Author:  TreebeardTheEnt [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

The 30 point thing replaces rolling your stats and is in the character creation chapter I believe. Basically all stats start at 8 and for each point you raise it you spend a point.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Brad,Dean,anyone else?

Walter and trev you can still sign up if you think you can play a few times.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

We will be playing Dark Times again.

Author:  Jedi_Master [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Sweet, looking forward to it then.

Any rascal or class restrictions?

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

just that was around dark times and unknown regions.

Author:  Jedi_Master [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

jonnyb815 wrote:
just that was around dark times and unknown regions.


Also, while I am at it, do you discourage droids? If not, how many points do I get on the 30 point system? (as they have no con score)

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

You can play a droid if you want. You will still be limited on money as everyone else.
I wont be a noble class droid so you can be get wealth if it doesnt fit your storyline. Sorry had to say it.

Author:  billiv15 [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Can I keep Cirdena then, but ignore the dark side part? Would like to keep her going and see how well she turns out.

Author:  dnemiller [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)

Jonny i am thinking about your offer.

Clarify the Dark Times part give me a more exact year.

Page 1 of 12 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/