logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: NEW VASSAL RPG(need new players)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:39 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

my R2 unit was there also, traditionally he would also get experience. Does he also gain the 7,000?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

He can have 3,500.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:14 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Playing this Sunday around 8. I'll be back from church around 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:38 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

So I see nobody beside tree, myself, and lisa leveled up :P

Lisa and I will be a little late tonight (she works till 8 and we have a 20 minute drive home) so if you are all ready, start without us. My character is going to continue blowing up ties from the turret and lisa is...probably going to get back before it gets to her turn again :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:15 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Matt will level later today
Obi and his brother I dont know.
I am going to try and limit turns to two mins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:47 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I will level later today. Still trying to decide how to approach the angle I want with my character that still flows into the group without taking someone's role/persona.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:24 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I won't be able to make it tonight.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:35 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

3,500 xp

everyone gets some type of bonus at the start of next session.

Kevin I dont get how you can aim at someone without a weapon when your adj?
Ill fix how stealth works.

how are we going to play the heal talent?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:39 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:

Normally when you aim, you have to attack before you can do anything else or else you lose the benefit of aiming. Multi-Targeting allows me to aim over multiple rounds and take other actions between aims. That means a normal character cannot draw a weapon after aiming (they would lose the aim benefit because they took a different action) but with multi-targeting you can move, draw a weapon, shoot other people, exc and not lose the aim.

As for adjacent, you can always aim when adjacent, it just provokes an attack of opportunity. Thing is, characters only get an AOO if they are not flat footed. So, there is really no reason I couldn't aim in that situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sorry I missed the session last night, I could not get my daughter to go to bed. What was the outcome of the encounter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

If I understand the heal talent correctly, I don't think it needs any adjustment. You cannot gain more than 9hps from it (obviously more as he levels). If it proves too abusive over time, we can limit him to only using it on each character once per encounter. I don't want to get into nerfing his character design, because of something that might be too powerful later.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:49 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Jedi_Master wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

Normally when you aim, you have to attack before you can do anything else or else you lose the benefit of aiming. Multi-Targeting allows me to aim over multiple rounds and take other actions between aims. That means a normal character cannot draw a weapon after aiming (they would lose the aim benefit because they took a different action) but with multi-targeting you can move, draw a weapon, shoot other people, exc and not lose the aim.

As for adjacent, you can always aim when adjacent, it just provokes an attack of opportunity. Thing is, characters only get an AOO if they are not flat footed. So, there is really no reason I couldn't aim in that situation.

I should of never gave the surprise round there was no reason for it. Its my fault for giving out the surprise round. The troopers knew you guys were there. You guys walked in the front door then bill messed around with the computer for 20 mins. Two of the troopers followed the wookiee and droid.
I am pretty sure the base knew you guys were around after all of that.

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:04 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

billiv15 wrote:
If I understand the heal talent correctly, I don't think it needs any adjustment. You cannot gain more than 9hps from it (obviously more as he levels). If it proves too abusive over time, we can limit him to only using it on each character once per encounter. I don't want to get into nerfing his character design, because of something that might be too powerful later.

I am limiting it to once per turn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:33 am 

jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

I should of never gave the surprise round there was no reason for it. Its my fault for giving out the surprise round. The troopers knew you guys were there. You guys walked in the front door then bill messed around with the computer for 20 mins. Two of the troopers followed the wookiee and droid.

This is one of those GM things you have to consider. Don't stress over a decision to give us a surprise round. Read the book on what should be considered a surprise round or not. It isn't just are we noticed, it's about how do we attack, did we surprise them, etc? Being 100% hidden isn't the only way you gain a surprise attack. (think of Episode III with Order 66 for a perfect example - only Yoda saw it coming, but every jedi knew full well where the clones were when it happened). Don't regret your decision because we won the battle. It's fine to let us win sometimes. Heck, we picked this battle because it should have been an easy "win". There is no reason that my playing with the computer would have alerted the gaurds to the rest of the group being enemies at all. Remember, I walked in completely hidden. They would have no knowledge I was even with that group. For all they knew, I was some random bloke wandering around. They should have been confused by my misinformation while talking with them, and you could have argued that the two guys in the room with me pulled their guns, but no one else would have any reason to suspect everyone else.

And sometimes, its perfectly fine for us to have an easy battle. We are all still getting used to our new characters, I would not expect a hard battle until a couple of sessions have passed. As for the heal, please do not nerf him at this time. Please wait until we as a group decide it's too strong to do anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Sorry I missed the session last night, I could not get my daughter to go to bed. What was the outcome of the encounter?

In short, we got off the planet, flew to some random planet, decided it was of no value, went to bespin, decided there was nothing there either, went to some other planet, found a storm trooper base, killed them, and that was it.

Oh, and your character was knocked out for some reason so Dax sold/dumped your cargo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:37 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

billiv15 wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

This is one of those GM things you have to consider. Don't stress over a decision to give us a surprise round. Read the book on what should be considered a surprise round or not. It isn't just are we noticed, it's about how do we attack, did we surprise them, etc? Being 100% hidden isn't the only way you gain a surprise attack. (think of Episode III with Order 66 for a perfect example - only Yoda saw it coming, but every jedi knew full well where the clones were when it happened). Don't regret your decision because we won the battle. It's fine to let us win sometimes. Heck, we picked this battle because it should have been an easy "win". There is no reason that my playing with the computer would have alerted the gaurds to the rest of the group being enemies at all. Remember, I walked in completely hidden. They would have no knowledge I was even with that group. For all they knew, I was some random bloke wandering around. They should have been confused by my misinformation while talking with them, and you could have argued that the two guys in the room with me pulled their guns, but no one else would have any reason to suspect everyone else.

And sometimes, its perfectly fine for us to have an easy battle. We are all still getting used to our new characters, I would not expect a hard battle until a couple of sessions have passed. As for the heal, please do not nerf him at this time. Please wait until we as a group decide it's too strong to do anything.

The problem has nothing to do with what the talent can do power wise its that it slows down the GMs turns. Thats where I have a problem with the heal talent. So I think if he types out who gets the hps each time and they add them it shouldnt slow down the AI turns. I think that should fix the problem I had with the talent. This is what you guys had me do with my reaction bird character and it worked out pretty well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:08 pm 

works for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:44 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jedi_Master wrote:
In short, we got off the planet, flew to some random planet, decided it was of no value, went to bespin, decided there was nothing there either, went to some other planet, found a storm trooper base, killed them, and that was it.

Oh, and your character was knocked out for some reason so Dax sold/dumped your cargo.

So most of the players are freeloading on Klick's ship and they sold his property without his knowledge or permission?

Jonny, what is Klick's motive for allowing the characters to fly with him, other than Jamie Soleil and T3X who he agreed to help more than just getting of the first planet?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:08 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

jonnyb815 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

Um, that's exactly how it is supposed to work Jonny. Once per turn; x times per round where x = the number of enemy characters; no character can have more than Y bonus Hps but if the are at y-5 then he can give it to them again to reset to y.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm 

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

Um, that's exactly how it is supposed to work Jonny. Once per turn; x times per round where x = the number of enemy characters; no character can have more than Y bonus Hps but if the are at y-5 then he can give it to them again to reset to y.

What I was suggesting was only if/when it proves too abusive, and the majority of us players, including the player with the character agree it has become abusive, would you consider changing it. And then I would restrict it to X = the number of player characters and a single character could only receive the bonus once per encounter.

I think Jonny meant once per round, not turn, and I do not support that kind of nerfing at this time, if that's what he meant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next