logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: A new Play by post RPG (looking for players)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:23 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Hey all, I have a new campaign I have been working on for a bit now and I think it is ready for some testing. Currently looking for people interested in playing.

The story:
You were born a farmer on a backwater world near the outer rim. Outside republic control, the planet is mostly ruled by local human nobility and an underground hutt cartel. The planet houses one spaceport in the main city, the place you and your friends have now gathered to build your own empire.

Starting Package:
All characters start with base credits. You cannot buy any weapons that are restricted, military, rare, or illegal unless a noble. Classes start out with the following for free:
Noble: See character limits #5 below.
Scoundrel: 500 credits
Scout: Field Kit
Soldier: Blast helmet and Vest, Blaster Pistol
These objects reflect a small background for your character. Scoundrels were able to hoard extra funds, Scouts were travelers, and soldiers were former militia from a small village on the planet.

Character limits:
1) Characters start at level 1
2) There is no jedi class, you cannot take the force sensitivity feat or train in use the force. (I will roll 1d10 to see if your character is force sensitive after the character is made. You will be given force powers and training in use the force at a later point if you are force sensitive.)
3) Only the following races are available: Human, Duros, Ithorian, Rodian, Twi’lek, Klatooinian, Nikto.
4) Backgrounds are a must. Write one up.
5) Only humans may take levels in Noble. A human noble gains Wealth as a bonus talent but takes a -2 to its charisma and strength scores.

Starting Conditions:
All players know each other and a limited amount about the background of the character. You are all friends with each other. Your group just got to the largest town on the planet, the only town with a space port. You all desire wealth and fame or are willing to help your friends achieve that goal.

Galactic Info:
This is not the Star Wars universe as you know it. The time frame is similar to the clone wars era, however, this is an alternate reality. Most planets and locations are drastically different than they are in the canon of star wars. The most basic example I can give without giving to much away, is that the jedi were wiped out by the sith 4,000 years ago. The ensuing sith empire crumbled due to infighting and a new republic was formed. The jedi never returned in force, however, some small sects exist in the Galaxy. The sith, however, are well established on Korriban. The planet is in a constant state of war, each sith trying to gain the upper hand, most spacers avoid the planet.

Planet/system info:
Double Star System, 2 planets in system (our planet and another, more arid planet, habitable though), Our planet has 2 moons (neither populated), other planet has 10 moons, mostly unexplored, both planets have breathable atmosphere, our planet 24 hour days, other planet 12 hour days, 350 days per year, 600 days per year other planet, our planet is temperate, other is arid, our planet is often foggy and has a lot of water, other planet is mostly desert, Gravity standard for both, millions on our planet, hundreds of thousands (primitive population) other planet, Very high waterfalls on our planet (causes the fog),
Our Planet: 2 unpopulated moons (vacuum)
Breathable atmosphere, large waterfalls that blanket the planet in fog most of the year, 24 hour days, 347 days/year, temperate climate, Standard gravity, Population in the millions (mostly in one city)
Native Life: Humans (48%), Duros (8%), Ithorian (10%), Rodian (8%), Twi’lek (14%), Klatooinian (6%), Nikto (6%), Animals: Bantha, Bantha hunters (Nexu), Critters (Wamp Rats)

Other Planet in system: 10 moons, 2 major moons, 8 minor ones. Largest has an atmosphere, volcanic in nature, toxic to life. Rest are vacuum with low gravity.
Breathable atmosphere, very arid climate, vast deserts, 12 hour days, 603 days/year, standard gravity, population in the hundreds of thousands.
Native life: Bantha, Krayt Dragon, Sand People

Players:
1. jonnyb815
2. Azavander
3. Obikenobi1
4. Grand Moff Boris
5. Raylinthegreat
6. DieAndBeMetal
(capping this at 6, else it will get out of hand)

Use http://invisiblecastle.com to roll stats. click roll dice, then enter a character name, 7 in number of rolls, and 4d6 for dice then message me the results. I will make sure everybody has similar stats, so don't worry if you roll low.

Last edited by Jedi_Master on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A new Play by post RPG (looking for players)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:33 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

ill play

can you give a boost to the Klatooinian they are one of the worst species ever. You could pay me to play them and I would say no.

I am thinking a human noble then go scoundrel later or a Ithorian

Question does the human/noble still get his skill and feat bonus plus the talents?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:37 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Everything listed is in addition to existing abilities, talents, wealth, and feats. It is all bonus, everything else is the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Not sure if this is the right format but I would love to learn the " official RPGs" I am not a rookie to text based rps as you can see by my sig just new to the traditional pen and paper and roll up.

If you are looking for more seasoned players I understand :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Haha, that is fine. Anybody interested is welcome to join.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm in.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:26 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'll join in too. I'll try and make a character some time this week. Not sure what I want to be at the moment.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

30 pt or roll?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

After some thought, I'm thinking of being a human scout.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:22 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Ithorian Scoundrel I think

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Noted that nobles take -2 to Strength and Charisma. How does that affect multi-classing? Will there be a way to remove the penalty at some point?

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:49 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Noted that nobles take -2 to Strength and Charisma. How does that affect multi-classing? Will there be a way to remove the penalty at some point?

The penalty is there for a couple of reasons. First off, the noble on your home world is fairly sheltered and very pampered. They are RICH. The average noble doesn't even have to look at anybody but their direct servants. This makes it so they only have to deal with others of their class. They are more arrogant and less physically active than most anybody else.

Second, the wealth talent is a free talent, you still gain your normal feats/talents. An extra talent slot is normally a huge boost, not worth -2 str/cha but still a good boost. Also, the reason I am giving out wealth is because it is almost needed in this setting to get where you are going. It is possible without it, however, if there are only 4 of you I will have to be more generous with your pay and rewards :P

Last, nobles have access to several feats and talents that are very effective in the scenario we are playing. So much so that it warrens stat adjustment. (same reasoning also applies to why jedi are banned from the scenario.)

The -2/-2 is treated as a racial penalty, not a class specific penalty, so it would not go away when multi-classing. Think of it more as a sub race (or superior in the nobles case) of human, the human noble, than as a noble class modifier.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

A question about the Ithorian's Bellow has been brought up. Can its attack be modified by other abilities that modify attacks? The thing is, it is listed as a special attack that varies by level, not by BAB or ability. It also goes up at the same rate as the highest BAB, is a cone burst attack, ignores cover, and attacks fort not reflex.

Personally I do not believe it is able to be modified as it is a non standard attack roll. I also do not believe it needs to be modified because it is at the highest attack possible at the level and ignores armor (except those who increase fort by a whopping 2) and cover while doing half damage on a miss. However, I did want everybody else's opinion on it before saying a definite no, because all of you can be ithorians so it does effect all of you.

So, what do you think? Is it strong enough or can its attack be modified by other abilities?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:07 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

So I am thinking of being the medic/Mech guy aka Plant Scienist/Farmer

[Character Name] Ryuu
[size] med[species]Ithorian [class] Scoundrel
Destiny 0; Force 5
Init +1; Senses Perception +9
Languages Basic, Ithorese

Defenses Ref 13, Fort 12, Will 18
hp 19; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares
Melee by weapon +0
Ranged by weapon +1
Base Atk +0; Grp +0
Bellow Atk(+level,1d20) Standard action: 4d6 vs Fort def, 6-square Cone(half damage if missed),-1 down the trap, add a die to the damage for an extra -1 down the track(max 3 times)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 18, Cha 18
TalentsFools Luck
Feats Devastating Bellow, Point blank shot, Skill Focus:Life Science
Skills Perception+9, Knowledge life science +12, Use the Computer +7, Persuasion +9, Deception +9, Gather Info +9
Possessions Security Kit, Utility Belt,1800 cash,
Load 15 kg / 25 kg

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:17 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Looks interesting...is there room for a newbie to swrpg? I have done alot of d&d 3.5. Also is there any online source books as i don't have any. Is this going to be on vassal or post here as you can(if vassal then my work might prevent me because of erratic schedule). Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Raylinthegreat wrote:
Looks interesting...is there room for a newbie to swrpg? I have done alot of d&d 3.5. Also is there any online source books as i don't have any. Is this going to be on vassal or post here as you can(if vassal then my work might prevent me because of erratic schedule). Thanks in advance.

Yeah, no problem. I love D&D 3.5 and the two are similar. As for online books, everybody has them I think. I am not sure where they got them though (got mine from obi) so one of them will have to give you a link.

The majority of this will be on here, however, major combats will take place on vassal to make life easier (not many are planned though so we should be able to do almost everything on here)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:58 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Revised core rulebook ©2002 I have access to..is the the correct edition or is there a different one?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:48 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

different its saga by wizards of the cost
just go
4shared.com and type in "star wars saga" should be able to get all the books but S&V.

The books are
Core
Legacy
Force Unleashed
Rebellion
S&V*
KOTOR
Clone Wars
Jedi Academy
Threats of the Galaxy
Galaxy of War
Galaxy of intrique
The Unknown Regions
*there is a droid book too forgot the name

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sorry there was nothing posted this weekend, I am waiting on boris's stats so we can continue.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Jedi_Master wrote:
Sorry there was nothing posted this weekend, I am waiting on boris's stats so we can continue.

you might be waiting till next year........lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next