logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post subject: Re: THE GUNGAN'S SUNDAY RPG
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

jonnyb815 wrote:
TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
(...the darkside campaign we have now begun).

That is too bad. I have no interest in playing in a darkside campaign and that would go against the honer code/background of my character. If I had been available for the introduction of the Sith Lord there is a good chance that he would have died in that scene. I looked up Brads new character and there would have been a conflict as soon as he used Cel Steele's lightsaber. Also, if your character now has levels in sith, even if Vil did not know that he was now serving a Sith Lord there would have been a conflict as soon as you did somthing decisively evil. Taking all that into I think my character would be dead three times over...

Jonny/Ganer do you want me to show up for the next game if I am available and possibly kill another player character or do you want to just remove the character from the game and introduce a new healer?

I said from the start the game was neutral but odds are the game would go dark. I said this on page one.
You guys were part of a smuggling/privateer group which is closer to the darkside then light. I dont get where you guys got the idea that the game was a lightside campaign.

Actually, Cel was all neutral (likely being Chaotic good or Lawful Neutral in DnD), but a swing to the Darkside would indeed have caused Cel to swing back decisvely to the light... (Lawful Good)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:12 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I did see your statement in the first post. I read it to mean that we would operate in the neutral and could go dark if the players wanted. I did not read that as the game will go dark without the consent of the players.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:07 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
I did see your statement in the first post. I read it to mean that we would operate in the neutral and could go dark if the players wanted. I did not read that as the game will go dark without the consent of the players.

Again, one player went dark for the time being. And it fit my character's desires to do so. That doesn't change anything about the campaign. Instead of working for a Pirate, we are now running some missions for a Sith Lord. But to be fair, out of character, the odds of that Sith Lord surviving long are low. Again, do what you character would do, and we go from there.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:08 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

(tongue-in-cheek) With Bill and/or Dean around.. going Dark is just an inevitability. :P

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:34 am 

If your character is too lightside to work with a semi-dark sith figure, then just work against her. Don't be overly obvious about it or she might try to kill you, but there are ways to Role play this successfully. It's also reasonable to split up the group as well. Just think about your character, and what they would do. No one will fault you for role playing properly. I will fault you for complaining that I did exactly what my character would have done.

She's a jedi with rage issues, her master was killed by Vader. She isn't interested in becoming sith to join Vader, but to try to kill him and his minions. She's after power, and this was an avenue to it. She may never get the chance to take on Vader, but if she can go after their allies in some way using any means necessary, she will do so. For the time being, she isn't powerful enough to do anything about it. So she agreed to stay on the planet (we had no way off the first week here) to learn from the Sith Lord. But that doesn't mean anything in particular as of yet. So again, play it out how your character would.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:51 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Walter you can make a new character if you want. I think its dumb but maybe thats just me.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:28 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

jonnyb815 wrote:
Walter you can make a new character if you want. I think its dumb but maybe thats just me.

It's not just you...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

it looks like Gunnars new job is going to take him away from the RPG.
Bill,Brad,Matt,Gunnar and I will be at the Chicago regional together so we can work at where the guys want to take the storyline if we have time to talk about the rpg.

This is my idea going forward
during the week get Eric and Gunnar to help me with the storyline. Then Brad will help me with the battles.Gunnar will join us when he can on Sundays.

If anyone has a better idea or wants to burn the Gungan for some odd reason speak up......................

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:26 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

We are playing tonight right?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:29 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Didn't we play last week? Well, if you are playing tonight, then I won't be there, because it's Mother's Day and my wife happens to also be a mother. Maybe I'll catch y'all next time.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:34 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

well Bill wont be here next time thats why we were thinking about tonight but I forgot its mothers day. I would kind of like bill around when we play since he is a big part of the storyline. We could just play next week and do a small mission that wouldnt mess up the storyline. Its up to you guys what we do.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:20 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

we are just going to play next week its Mothers day.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:29 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I was not available on Mother's Day. When is the next game? I took my character down to update it to level 9 then got pulled away by my newborn, sorry. I will try to have it back up by the next game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

billiv15 wrote:
Again, one player went dark for the time being. And it fit my character's desires to do so. That doesn't change anything about the campaign. Instead of working for a Pirate, we are now running some missions for a Sith Lord. But to be fair, out of character, the odds of that Sith Lord surviving long are low. Again, do what you character would do, and we go from there.

My character would probably have tension issues with a character that has gone dark (Wisdom = Dark Side Points), but a character that is being trained by a Sith Lord... there is a very good chance of conflict because of his respect and history with the Jedi. But there is also the preserve life issue so this will have to be worked out in game.

Since I am really confused what my character knows vs what I know, I will just proceed from the next game I am able to attend and develop his knowledge from there.

jonnyb815 wrote:

I have no interest in making a new character. And I don't understand why The_Celestial_Warrior (Brad?) changed his character...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note... Will Dean still be playing?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:46 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Dean will not be playing for right now

We are playing this sunday at 8 and Gunnar will be there.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:07 pm 

I won't be there. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:35 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

billiv15 wrote:

I know thats why we are doing a one time mission that wont mess up the storyline.
When are you leaving?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:38 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

jonnyb815 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

I know thats why we are doing a one time mission that wont mess up the storyline.
When are you leaving?

Cirdena could send her secret apprentice on a mission...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:40 am 

Proposal, if you guys are short on players and want to run Cirdena, I'm sure Brad can handle it. She's pretty straighforward if you simply use her as a damage doer. I don't care one way or the other about the experience, just letting you know you have my permission if you think you guys need a helper (Jonny you can also run her as an NPC if needed as well - I don't care).

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:43 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hey guys, I've just updated the Star Wars RPG Vassal mod. Go to the first post in this thread (http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=11110) for details and a link, or else you can go directly to the 4shared site to download it instead: http://www.4shared.com/file/xPNowl6S/Star_Wars_RPG_Vassal_module.html

Changes:
-Added an "Effects" space to the character customization options (to give a place for characters to indicate that they're using Born Leader or some other occasional effect), as requested.
-Added all of the maps and tiles from the SWM Vassal Extramaps extensions (including the HUGE Death Star map, Chris West's map tiles, etc), as requested. As far as I'm aware, the mod now has every single SWM map and tile that we've ever used on Vassal.

As requested, I tried to make it so that when the GM turns a mini invisible, that the words and details of that mini also turn invisible. However, I don't think that's possible with this program. Sorry about that. :( We'll just have to work around it...either the GM erases the info (after taking down the relevant data) before he turns it invisible, or we just have to "pretend" we don't see it...which kinda defeats the purpose.

Hopefully you all have a chance to download it before we play again. Cheers!

PS: Oh, and if any of you would like me to do some edits on your character's pic, then please let me know, and I'll give it a shot. I've made some modifications to Bill's, Brad's, and my character, and I'm happy to see what I can do for the rest of you, if you'd like. Please tell me before we level-up again, so that I can get those changes in when I do that update.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:52 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

As requested, I tried to make it so that when the GM turns a mini invisible, that the words and details of that mini also turn invisible. However, I don't think that's possible with this program. Sorry about that. :( We'll just have to work around it...either the GM erases the info (after taking down the relevant data) before he turns it invisible, or we just have to "pretend" we don't see it...which kinda defeats the purpose.

really its not that big a deal Ill just erase the stats and write them down somewhere. Yeah its kind of annoying but it is what it is.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next