logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next

Post subject: Re: THE GUNGAN'S SUNDAY RPG
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:51 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Everyone leveled to level 5. Some have 10,500.

Last time the break down was this
1,000 for the meeting with Rue
-500 for attacking the random guys
+250 for making them run away
+250 for getting Bill and Brian
1000 for getting out of the fire alive
-500 for letting them blow up the ship.
2500 talking with Rue/droid,getting to Deans ship,keeping Rue alive,finding out where the kid might be,having a plan where your going next,Finding out about Wilmore and where he might be(he might know what planet the crystals are on)

would of been -2000 if Rue died.

4000 total points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:48 pm 
Lancer Nation
Lancer Nation

I'll be there...hopefully I'm going home this weekend so I might be on the road

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jonnyb815 wrote:

-500 for playing in character? My guy has a bounty on his head, so he shoots first and asks questions later. Weak.

If nothing else, I don't see the point in penalizing the whole group for my actions.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

-500 for playing in character? My guy has a bounty on his head, so he shoots first and asks questions later. Weak.

If nothing else, I don't see the point in penalizing the whole group for my actions.

Reminds me of a night I got 0 experience from something like that :)

Anyways, I hope you were kidding, after all he gave us 4000 experience for attacking people we weren't supposed to attack, and never actually getting to the battle he had planned. I'd say that's more than fair :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

If anyone needs to modify their character a little to fit the story line I am fine by that. Walter fixed a few things so he can stay around longer and get to you guys faster stuff like that.

Something that I thought was cool Walter did was a character log about what his character viewed during the session. This is just something that I thought was cool idea and is not needed.

PLEASE LOOK AT HOW MUCH YOU CAN CARRY Some of you are Encumbrance by weight (Core 140).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:48 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

Anyways, I hope you were kidding, after all he gave us 4000 experience for attacking people we weren't supposed to attack, and never actually getting to the battle he had planned. I'd say that's more than fair :)

4000 xp was nice. It's just a pet peeve of mine when I (not to mention the whole group) suffers a penalty for playing in character.

As for not getting to his planned battle, there's no reason he can't use it later. One of the biggest mistakes GM's make (and I learned the lesson the hardway) is to develop a linear story that takes players from A to B to C. It just don't work that way. :P

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:26 am 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

4000 xp was nice. It's just a pet peeve of mine when I (not to mention the whole group) suffers a penalty for playing in character.

As for not getting to his planned battle, there's no reason he can't use it later. One of the biggest mistakes GM's make (and I learned the lesson the hardway) is to develop a linear story that takes players from A to B to C. It just don't work that way. :P

I think it's also a mistake to not award negative points, regardless if someone was playing in character. You should always play in character, and let the EXP fall where it may, in this case, focusing on the -500, when we actually got like 3K for the very same fight you started, isn't a -500, it's a +2500 or whatever. There is nothing wrong with giving certain actions a negative, Jonny's problem is he told us exactly what it was all for, instead of just awarding the total.

And as for you starting the fight, that's no problem with me :) PLay your character how you want, and how you think they should be played (I happen to agree with the shoot first mentality your character has - if mine had a death warrant - which she in a way does, I'll have to kill people that know too much about me being a jedi.) I'd shoot first too at a group of people following me for seemingly no reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

billiv15 wrote:
- if mine had a death warrant - which she in a way does, I'll have to kill people that know too much about me being a jedi.)

Lol, as a fellow Jedi character, I'd like to point out how closely that mentality falls to the Darkside...:D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:37 am 

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
- if mine had a death warrant - which he in a way does, I'll have to kill people that know too much about me being a jedi.)

Lol, as a fellow Jedi character, I'd like to point out how closely that mentality falls to the Darkside...:D

Well, the dark sideers killed my master, so at the moment I also have no love for it. But then again, I don't have a master left to tell her such information :) Hence why my character could go either way in this campaign :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Rules question: does using the Mêlée Defense feat count as fighting defensively? It did in the d20 rules, but it is not clear in the SAGA rules.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Fight defensively takes a standard action and how they have it written you cant even attack during that turn unless its a aoo,reaction attack or a bonus turn before your next turn.

This is how it should be written
Fight defensively should be you can use a standard action to fight defensively if you make an attack during this turn,you can take a -5 on your attack rolls and gain a +2 dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense till the start of your next turn and if you dont make any attacks even aoos its a +5 ref bonus

If you have Acrob its a +5 if you attack and +10 if you dont make an attack

This is not how they wrote it though.I might make a house rule to fix the problem wizards made but I still dont know though.

Melee Defense you have to make a melee attack to get the bonus to your def and you can chose the bonus up to +5 Max. So the max bonus you would get from MD is -5 attack and +5 def.
(Fight Defensively and Melee Defense is a dodge bonus so if your unaware or flat footed it wont work,or attacked by a hidden attacker)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
Fight defensively takes a standard action and how they have it written you cant even attack during that turn unless its a aoo,reaction attack or a bonus turn before your next turn.

This is how it should be written
Fight defensively should be you can use a standard action to fight defensively if you make an attack during this turn,you can take a -5 on your attack rolls and gain a +2 dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense till the start of your next turn and if you dont make any attacks even aoos its a +5 ref bonus

If you have Acrob its a +5 if you attack and +10 if you dont make an attack

This is not how they wrote it though.I might make a house rule to fix the problem wizards made but I still dont know though.

Melee Defense you have to make a melee attack to get the bonus to your def and you can chose the bonus up to +5 Max. So the max bonus you would get from MD is -5 attack and +5 def.
(Fight Defensively and Melee Defense is a dodge bonus so if your unaware or flat footed it wont work,or attacked by a hidden attacker)

But on page 86 of the Core Rule Book under the Melee Defense feat it states "Normal: A character without the Melee Defense feat can fight defensively while using the attack action to take a -5 on his attack roll and gain a +2 dodge bonus to his Reflex Defense." I believe that the Fighting Defensively section on page 152 should have mirrored this wording (especially since that is how it worked in the old d20 rules, page 156 if you have the book). This sentence also implies that Melee defense replaces the fighting defensively action, meaning that it could be counted as the same action.

The reason I am asking is there is a talent that I am interested in taking, next time I get one, if Melee Defense counts as fighting defensively. Basically the talent makes adjacent attackers provoke an AOO when they attack you if you are fighting defensively. If Melee Defense counts for this talent I would take it, if it does not I will pick somthing else.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

We will house rule Fighting defensive but it will not count as Melee defense. They are a lot a like if you have the acrob skill but with Fighting defensive you have to take the -5 for +5. With Melee Defense it can go from -1 to +1, -2 to +2 so up to -5 for +5.
You will have to take Melee Defense if you want to be a MAM,Melee Dualist or

I think you have a feat and a Talent mixed up. Defensive Jab is for fight defensively and there is a feat that works with aoos (Hijkata Training)
Well this House Rule makes Unarmed Parry useful.
House rule

Fight defensively:
you can use a standard action to fight defensively
if you make an attack thats not an area attack, you can take a -5 on your attack rolls and gain a +2 dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense till the start of your next turn and if you dont make any attacks even aoos its a +5 ref bonus

If you have the Acrobatic skill its a +5 if you attack and if you dont make any attacks even aoos its a +10 bonus.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Ok, but if I use my Melee Defense feat am I considered fighting defensively for the purposes of talents like the Brawler Counterpunch [S&V, p18]?

As for the fighting defensively combat option, I would suggest that it be two different action types. If you are using the full defense +5/+10 it should be a standard action, but if you are using the lesser option (-5/+2) I would suggest making it an attack option like it states on page 86. By making it an attack option, if someone takes Double/Triple Attack they can still use there feat(s) and fight defensively.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:09 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

No the book has Fight defensively as a standard action. All I am just trying to fix a oversight in the wording from WOTC. I am not trying to write a whole new action. I want to keep it simple and this is what I came up with.

No Melee Defense will not count as fighting defensive.
If I let you use Melee Defense count as fighting defensively then you could take a -1 for a +1 and it would count as FD.

I said no and I am not changing my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:04 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I missed that you said no. I am not trying to get you to change your mind, I was just making a suggestion. Sorry if I offended you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:49 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
What character builder are you using?

The MS Excel Saga Sheet, found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j3n37inpz3ln3c2

It's actually a really useful character builder. I just can't seem to get it to work when I continue building my character. That's odd.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

That is the same one I found. I had to rebuild my character after have two sheets open a the same time. The macro's overlapping killed both characters. After rebuilding the character, and only having one sheet open a time, the only problem I have has is that the character export button does not work.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:13 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Okay, I guess I'll have to rebuild my character then. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:24 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

No new gungan's in tBoTP set.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next