logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Is Revan going to be better at 150 with grunts like this, or a secondary shooter such as Aurra Sing?
Poll ended at Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:22 am
Total votes : 0

Post subject: "Cunning Quarantine"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:22 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

"Cunning Quarantine"
-----
Darth Revan [88]
Quarren Assassin x2 [24]
Garindan [12]
ASP-7 Droid [10]
Uggie x4 [12]
Tusken Raider [4]
-----
Total: 150 Activations: 10

Quarren Assassins are beasts with Revan. With Cunning attack they shoot at a +15 for 20 damage; the same what Boba Enforcer does. Garindan can use Revan's movement CE at the start of a round so you can get him into Spotter position and then shoot with a Quarren at a +19 attack for 50 damage. The ASP-7 is a fun trick to use with Revan. Say your opponents bases your Revan with someone such as a few JWM's. You triple attack, win the initiative, triple attack again, and then lift behind the ASP. I The ASP overall is just a great piece to abuse with Revan. 10 activations is also high for a Revan squad.

What do you think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Last edited by thejumpingflea on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:00 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

the pole doesnt make sence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:45 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Boba the Fett wrote:
the pole doesnt make sence

Of course it does.

I would have to say he works better with Aurra, your damage potential might go down but your overall health will go up. The Quarrens are just too easy to kill if you make a mistake.

EDIT: okay, maybe the poll doesn't make sense, what's yes and what's no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:12 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

How do you vote both?

In 150 you HAVE to go with grunts because you do not have room for another big gun. In 200 i think you can get 1-2 big guns in there before you have to go for filler.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:59 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Sithdragon13 wrote:
How do you vote both?

In 150 you HAVE to go with grunts because you do not have room for another big gun. In 200 i think you can get 1-2 big guns in there before you have to go for filler.

No you don't.

HK-47 + fodder works
Sing+ fodder works
4-lom+ fodder works
Dengar BH + Fodder works

With aurra you can still have a fair number of activations. You don't need to outactivate B&B cos you have MT which cancels a lot of Thrawns power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:12 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Right now I am focusing on Revan + 1 shooter in 150 - which pretty much means Aurra CS. I dont think 2-3 grunts will work effectively enough with Revan.

See, you have 90hps with Garindan and the two QAs. Aurra has 130. And the dmg potencial is pretty similar in most cases.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:19 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So you dont out activate B&B. You will be done, and they will swap in and unleash a butt load of damage. How much depends on what Vader. If you win init you can hurt Vader but you cant kill him, but this is also dependant on what Vader. Then Vader will have his chance to kill whoever he wants and swaps out. At this point you are down in points and B&B is calling the shots. I think out activating B&B is still key to dealing with it.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:14 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think a lot of the fragile BHs would. I can see Iggy working as well. When they move up to go after him, Revan can pounce.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:35 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
Right now I am focusing on Revan + 1 shooter in 150 - which pretty much means Aurra CS. I dont think 2-3 grunts will work effectively enough with Revan.

See, you have 90hps with Garindan and the two QAs. Aurra has 130. And the dmg potencial is pretty similar in most cases.

First off, sorry bout the poll. That was my mistake as I forgot to update after changing the poll question. (Originally it was Will Revan work well with Grunts at 150?)

I think that the Quarren Assassin is the best non-unique for it's cost that you can use with Revan. +15 attack for 20 damage is absolutely nuts for a 12 point piece that has Mobile attack. 2 of these can soften up your opponent as they approach. Combine this with the magical 12 square Spotter range of Garindan and it will work wonders. I just don't know if it is worth using over the secondary shooter. I suppose time will tell.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:34 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The assassin will be a good start, but once the opponent closes, the AAs will be big as well. They too will have a +15 for 20 DAM.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:23 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

In one of my revan builds I use the E522 Assassin Droid as my secondary shooter which has worked out for me in one of my playtesting games. And focusing on a secondary shooter in 150 is generally better but you can put lobot in and bring in a good grunt such as the qurarren assasin and a few ugs for activations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:03 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

If you go up against a mirror squad or a Thrawn, you won't get to do as much cunning with the Assassins. then you will be wishing that you had a secondary shooter.

If you're not going against another MT, then the grunts will work at least as well, if not better.

Even with Aurra, CS, you can get in 5-7 grunts for activations.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:03 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I don't think low HP secondary shooters will go well Revan depending on the activations. You may have a pseudo mobile-attack with Revan's CE, but you still have to leave the shooter exposed before the next round. San Hill and high activation squads has a chance of picking them off before next round.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.