logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Can you help me replace Dash?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:35 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok, so I often play using this, either in person or on Vassal:

--General Vao--
48 Shado Vao
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
10 Jagged Fel
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(150pts. 10 activations)

However, I do not actually own Dash Rendar RS, and that has come to be a sticky point. My friends and I want to have some games with minis we possess, just to see how good a squad we can build.

Thus, after removing Dash (and Jagged) I got this:

--Shado tryout--
48 Shado Vao
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(149pts. 9 activations)

Basically I was wondering what ideas people have to improve the second squad, or build on the first without Dash... I know it's a pain not knowing what pieces I have, but I was hoping that any ideas dropped around could help get the juices flowing and I could respond with viable squads for your delectation...

Any help would be appreciated...

Post subject: Re: Can you help me replace Dash?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:30 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What pieces do you have? Cause you also took out lando I don't think you need leia in this squad. Do you have ganner cause he's a must if you do. (assuming you wish to stick with a new republic build). If you don't have ganner what about wedge.
It's hard to help with a squad if we don't know what pieces you have and don't have. But I really don't think you need leia in this build so that will free 25 more points for you there as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:51 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I have pretty much every NR piece, with Ganner hopefully on his way to me... I thought about removing Leia too, because with Dash and Lando, she's only there for Shado, which essentially makes him a 73 point figure...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:37 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With just shado, then no you don't need leia. Although if you wanted shado to be your main power with wedge and leia. He might not ever die. I think it's expensive to do that but it's one option. You could also forget about shado and put Mara Jedi in with ganner. That's a nice combo there or you could go ganner, Mara, shado, dodonna, and fill out the rest with door control and other small filler like mice and uggies. That might work cause that's a lot of power or I was thinking put in anakin solo with either Mara or shado and some felucians. That way it makes your opponent set up much more carefully cause a levitated anakin and then he moves six to unleash is cool and easy enough to get in the middle of an opponents squad and stay away from your own.
All ideas to consider but ganner is a must.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:22 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

If your looking for a replacesment shooter, I would suggest Han, Galactic Hero. 50points is alot, but he has the Greater Mobile Double Accurate Cunning, which is nice, even without Ganner.

All of sthlrd2's suggestions are good, and squads like that are proven to be good, but idk if I like them that much (but thats just me). While yes, Anakin is good, I really dont like the part of having the keep him back and hidden until something else dies in order to get a good use out of him.

If you want to use Dodonna, then maybe you should add Lando back in, to get the Opportunist. If you want to focus more on Cunning, then perhaps think about taking Dodonna out, as you wont be wanting to have your pieces wait as long as possible before striking.

If you want to use Cunning, then perhaps consider the Jaina + Han Rebel Hero route. 60points total for the pair, and Han makes it so jaina will be smacking for 40 per hit vs unactivated opponents.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:50 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Thanks guys...

This is another squad that I've used in the past:

--Shado Solo--
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
48 Shado Vao
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4

(150pts. 10 activations)

But I always worry that my main punch is in two single figures, and most others I face have a couple or three threats...But, what do you guys think of this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:05 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

well really its not that bad. With what you have its not that bad. I like it overall.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:19 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yes, your dmg output is really tied into just two pieces, but Leia doesnt have a terrible attack roll. So, you may get some offensive use out of her.

I know alot of people dont neccessarily like her, and I'll agree she isnt top tier, BUT using her does give your mean beats more survivability. The problem people have with investing the points into her is that your opponent will simply target her first to get rid of the bonus to your beats. Given, she isnt hard to kill, but as long as you dont face Accurate (so Boba or Han), then if you keep her behind the other two, or at least behind Shado as he advances, then she ought not get targeted too badly until shes right up in their faces anyway. At that point, it would probably be better for her to take the dmg anyway, instead of them dealing it out to Shado/ Han.

If you didnt want her, then my suggestions is to drop Leia and both Mouse Droids(as you now have no CE to spread), and in there place you can add either Ganner, Anakin Solo, or Lando Dashing Scoundrel, all of which leave you with points left over for other options as well: 2, 6, and 13 respectively.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:07 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I know what disturbed is saying about anakin but I will have to disagree. With force push2 and ganner having force push2, that's 40 auto damage keep him hidden push guys back and move in others to block the path to anakin. He is very much of a finess piece and can get killed way to easy to where he isn't worth the points if not used right. But when he is used to his potential he is totally worth it and a drag to deal with espicially when it's draggn on and the opponent forgets about unleash the force because you've using force push2 alot. Then you smack em with it and turns the outcome in your favor.