logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Random Ganner
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

So, my first try with the two VR I like from MotF...

To be honest I'm not sure it's brilliant, but I have a movement breaker, some door control, the big gun of Mara, a strong melee beat etc....

--Ganner Jade--
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
38 Kol Skywalker
29 Ganner Rhysode
20 Yoda, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(150pts. 8 activations)

Mara gets floated about, while Stealth keeps her and Ganner alive. Kol can flit around taking on opposing beats. Yoda haunts Mara and lets Ganner and Kol Push more often. I thought about losing Yoda and Kol, replacing them for Shado and Luke FS, as Shado can add more movement...

And, an old one, but one I'm thinking of using in a few matches with some friends (a sort of league thing...)

--General Vao--
48 Shado Vao
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
10 Jagged Fel
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(150pts. 10 activations)

Any comments of both would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Random Ganner
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:36 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Cordova wrote:
So, my first try with the two VR I like from MotF...

To be honest I'm not sure it's brilliant, but I have a movement breaker, some door control, the big gun of Mara, a strong melee beat etc....

--Ganner Jade--
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
38 Kol Skywalker
29 Ganner Rhysode
20 Yoda, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(150pts. 8 activations)

Mara gets floated about, while Stealth keeps her and Ganner alive. Kol can flit around taking on opposing beats. Yoda haunts Mara and lets Ganner and Kol Push more often. I thought about losing Yoda and Kol, replacing them for Shado and Luke FS, as Shado can add more movement...

Nice squad. I do like the option you give yourself to be able to push more by having Yoda, but I think you'll be utilizing Ganner more for levitate, so he probably won't deplete his force points very quickly. KIf Kol is doing very much force pushing, I think your spending a lot of point on force push with it bing merely 20 damage. I would say the greater mobile double gives you more versitility with a levitating squad. Not to mention, from 6 squares away the best kol can do without levitate is 30 damage if he uses lightsaber precision. Shadow can do up to 50 damage.

Shadow or Mara can be levitated, move 6 and still dish out solid damage. I tend to go for the more mobile squads these days.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:47 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Cordova wrote:

And, an old one, but one I'm thinking of using in a few matches with some friends (a sort of league thing...)

--General Vao--
48 Shado Vao
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
10 Jagged Fel
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(150pts. 10 activations)

Any comments of both would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As for this squad, I like the use of Leia with a bunch of the minis. Leia is great, not only giving your minis rerolls for evades,deflects, and blocks, but also force sense can do a lot for dash, and she can do pretty well with lighsaber throw. My question is whether you are going to be facing shooter heavy squads. If you are, then Leia is even more utilized. If not, then her utility goes down, and there may be a better option. Like if you face melee heavy squads, than I would say Ganner is actually the better option or you could drop Leia, Lando, and a mouse to substitute Mara Jedi who is an excellent combo with Dash, and in facing strong melee squads.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:14 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Thanks for the replies.

In the first squad, I'm tempted to go the Luke FS/Shado route, for the mobility as you said, and I have an unhealthy urge to play Shado...

In the second: I tend to play shooters fairly commonly, so Shado is basically just an arse to hit really. But, against melee his Mobile means he can tie someone down for Das/Lando to shoot and Leia can LS throw too - even if her reroll are less useful for Dash/Lando.