Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Han GH
Dash Rendar RS
Lobot
Leia Skywalker, jedi knight
Jagged Fel
Dodonna

prefered reinforcements were bodyguard, 2 uggies and a mouse. but double override and 4 activations also works.
Jedi temple as the map.
got me a 3-1 at Marmalade Dog. Lost to Bill because he had too much beef but it wasn't out of the relm of winning, perhaps a 30-40% chance.
The before and after shooting is the base of the squad. Try and set up Han for snipes on tech like R2 and then use Jagged Dash to soften up for the heavy threats for either of them to finish a round later. The two shooters can extend themselves in the open so long as they keep their distance due to Leias CE which gives them good ranged defence.
Leia fills a suprisingly effective interference piece with her throw, absorb and renewal being able to get around parry, block and Djem so. But at teh same time she can get around deflect. Absorb is a nice little bonus to prevent suprise moves, soresu rerolls or assaults.
Its really leia that brings the squad together increasing its defence while adding a fairly reasonable offence for cheap cost. The guns with their 140 dmg output from can benefit from force sence to expose stealth for dash and super stealth for han from a distance.
Han carries his share of defence with his NTMTO and Disruptive making Bane swaps less effective.

Probably not the quickest kill squad and so might end up with a few 2 point victories but its a pretty effective squad.

Post subject: Re: The Dashing Solo's
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:12 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I took this very squad to the Master's last year. Though I think I used Clobot instead...not sure. It performed really well, but I think the rolls weren't going my way that day...needed 4's on a based Mara with Dash for the eventual win...1, 3, 3, 2. I conceded after the next round Lightsaber Assault.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

fingersandteeth wrote:
Han GH
Dash Rendar RS
Lobot
Leia Skywalker, jedi knight
Jagged Fel
Dodonna

prefered reinforcements were bodyguard, 2 uggies and a mouse. but double override and 4 activations also works.
Jedi temple as the map.
got me a 3-1 at Marmalade Dog. Lost to Bill because he had too much beef but it wasn't out of the relm of winning, perhaps a 30-40% chance.

Just out of curiosity, what squad did Bill use to beat this squad with?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:52 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

http://www.bloomilk.com/squads/View.aspx?ID=65424

--Momentum Masters 150--
47 General Skywalker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
26 Jedi Weapon Master
22 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padawan
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Rodian Brute
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(149pts. 9 activations)

Went 3-1 with it. Lost to Engineer in the final round with Yobuck, Panaka and General Skywalker. I was 0/6 on defense/block saves, but still had yoda to 10hps. In another game, would have been much closer.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Thanks Bill.

I am a huge fan of the momentum squads! They really have some serious threat. I do like the New Republic squad Deri posted as well! Great job with the squads.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:06 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Just out of curiosity, nobody play in this tourney a "Cade Bane + Thrawn" team with 16 or 17 activations ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

DarthSemmemon wrote:
Just out of curiosity, nobody play in this tourney a "Cade Bane + Thrawn" team with 16 or 17 activations ?

No, no-one did which was either suprising or not suprising at all depending on how you look at it.
My team was designed with that squad in mind. NTMTO and Disruptive cause is a bit of grief and it stands a 50% chance of beating it (basically you need to win the right init to win i.e. the init when bane is based with Han or Dash).

But then again, it might not be very suprising to see it not there. The republic have some really nasty deep threats with Yobuck and Skywalker and it would take a very good player to protect all your fodder from a squad destroying gallop. That and the fact that the Bane swap is a counter squad which can succumb to a few 2 point victories and probably isn't the most fun squad to play made it a pretty low choice for most people i imagine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:43 am 

One person almost played it (Lou), but with the other 150s out there, it would have been smoked. Cad bane swap only works when Yodabuck isn't being played heavily - which was not the case in this 150 - there were at least 6-8 that I saw (although almost all were unique builds from one another as well). Engineer's Yoda, Skywalker has nearly a 100% win chance against it by itself. The gimmick worked in one event, because the players weren't prepared, and focused on the old meta, rather than envisioning the new one. Deri's squad too had a good chance to deal with it, and mine actually would have been a threat as well. I simply charge all my figures at Cad/Mas/Thrawn, and make Cad try to kill them all faster than he is likely to be able to do.

And someone played a Snowspeeder squad as well, and I watched Lou activate it and kill it with three consecutive won inits, and Cestas. Was pretty entertaining actually.

Also, as Deri mentioned, the 2-3pt wins actually deters you from playing something like that. Single threat swap squads were best in a points win environment where winning on points at the time limit is the ultimate win. In this case, Bane has an aweful lot of work to do to pull out full wins. Hard to do, especially with Yodabuck, Disruptive, and General Skywalker all being prevalent in the meta.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:00 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Having gone through the playlists for 150, I would say it was pretty close to at least half the players were playing Yobuck. I know I played 2.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:36 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

You'are right Billiv15 !

The team "Cade + Thrawn" winned at the French's Championship because, a majority of player's focus on the old Meta and they were very surprised by this team.
Moreover, this team winned against some team (like fingersandteeth's team) in playing very very slowly, because they had a gambit's point lead...

We will see this week what happen to the Deutsh's Championship...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:11 pm 

DarthSemmemon wrote:
The team "Cade + Thrawn" winned at the French's Championship because, a majority of player's focus on the old Meta and they were very surprised by this team.
Moreover, this team winned against some team (like fingersandteeth's team) in playing very very slowly, because they had a gambit's point lead...

We will see this week what happen to the Deutsh's Championship...

Yeah, I think most players get stuck in the "this squad is number 1" mentality, whereas true competitive play is about meta - which is only partly related to squad choices. There seldom is a true "number 1" and the slightest changes in a meta can disrupt that anyways - such as changing the map lists. What the German players did well (and shows they are top tier players) is that they analyzed the meta correctly, and chose a squad to beat it. They did not come up with an unbeatable squad, they came up with the right squad and strategies for that day. You made an excellent point in showing how one person beat a "counter" squad by using tactics. That's the way the great players do it. They don't need the best squad, they just need to play the meta game correctly, and a little bit of luck :)

Anyways, good post, I look forward to seeing the results after your event.