logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Minigun Maids
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:14 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

A new twist on one of my older squads, that did rather well in its day (post KotOR):

32 Thrawn (Miith'raw'nuruodo)
46 Echani Handmaiden x2
21 General Veers
15 Jabba, Crime Lord
8 Mas Amedda
8 Wicket
14 Aqualish Assassin x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(150pts. 11 activations)

Basically, two Accurate, GMA, Evade shooters that always have four +10/20 shots on them, barring Disruptive, of course.

Aqualish with Cunning/Opportunist could be nasty, as is Jabba with Cunning/Opportunist :rofl:

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Minigun Maids
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:39 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

My thoughts would be that it looks light on hp, has this been an issue while playing it? If so what are some ways you can work around that particular deficiency. It looks like it also may suffer from low attack scores, though wicket helps would the possibility of changing him out for an R4 mean that you could get more shots against that lower defence. How about thrawn, since you have accurate shot would it be worth your 5 points to trade to the old one, that would boost the defence and +to hit of the handmaidens, while forcing them to rely on cunning attack and not opportunist.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:29 am 

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
My thoughts would be that it looks light on hp, has this been an issue while playing it? If so what are some ways you can work around that particular deficiency. It looks like it also may suffer from low attack scores, though wicket helps would the possibility of changing him out for an R4 mean that you could get more shots against that lower defence. How about thrawn, since you have accurate shot would it be worth your 5 points to trade to the old one, that would boost the defence and +to hit of the handmaidens, while forcing them to rely on cunning attack and not opportunist.

It is low on HP, but that's what GMA is for :)

An attack of +10 is decent, given that few players seem to complain about Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler. And as you have said, careful play with Wicket can help with that :D

The original version had the old Thrawn, one more Ugnaught, and no Wicket. I do prefer this new version though; the Echani are more versatile with Cunning/Opportunist LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I never run dash without an attack boost, Be it Jag Fel and either Dodonna or Ozzel. Master Kota, Grand Master Yoda, it is always something, I think +10 is too low to be effective, I also think that wicket is pretty fragile to have to rely on him for effective damage output.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:39 am 

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
I never run dash without an attack boost, Be it Jag Fel and either Dodonna or Ozzel. Master Kota, Grand Master Yoda, it is always something, I think +10 is too low to be effective, I also think that wicket is pretty fragile to have to rely on him for effective damage output.

Agreed, but not so much on the survivability factor.

I keep Wicket hidden round a corner close to the Echanis themselves, so taking him on would mean taking the Echanis on as well.

But you raise a valid point; at a higher point format, I'd put in Nyna to back up MT and also to protect Wicket.

The +10 damage she gives to the Echani might help against Stealth enemies :D