logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: --Black Naga--
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Since Naga doesn't have any synergy of his own within the Sith Faction, I decided to build him into a Black Sun squad. They key is to try and stack Xizor's CE and the Bith BS Vigos Adv. Attack for +10/30dmg with Twin Attack. +14 attack if your brave enough to set up Micro-Vision. The Aqualish brings Opp to the table for a small dose of balance. After the Black Sun infantry is wiped out, I move up front and try and play stinky interference with Xizor until Naga is able to move up and into action.

http://www.bloomilk.com/squads/View.aspx?ID=56685

--Black Naga--

64 Naga Sadow
30 Xizor
40 Bith Black Sun Vigo x2
7 Aqualish Assassin
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(150pts, 8 Activations)

Preferred Reserves:
(Xizor) 20 Bith Black Sun Vigo

GVL Statistics: 5-1 Record, 7.5 VPs & 9 BPs

Post subject: Re: --Black Naga--
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Noo.....don't use BBSV's in a build like this. Part of the whole strength of Naga is his Sith Sorcery, in which case, the BBSV's Advantageous Attack would be worthless. Run Twi'lek Vigos instead. Go for the all out activate and then massive damage approach.

Personally, I think Naga is just too weak for 150 points, but these are the only types of builds that I think can actually work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:10 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

LoboStele wrote:
Noo.....don't use BBSV's in a build like this. Part of the whole strength of Naga is his Sith Sorcery, in which case, the BBSV's Advantageous Attack would be worthless. Run Twi'lek Vigos instead. Go for the all out activate and then massive damage approach.

Personally, I think Naga is just too weak for 150 points, but these are the only types of builds that I think can actually work.

i built this for 15 and 200.. it just doesnt work lol.. i mean it works but it didnt win any games in my testing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:15 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

@ LoboStele - Your right. This is something I noticed fairly early. The 2 abilities tend to compete with eachother when I win inits. After a few uses though I managed to make it work. The Bith BS Vigos are the infantry. Naga doesn't even see the light of day until I am at least 1 Vigo down and he is nice and stocked on fps. Once the Vigos go down, I move Xizor up to play stinky interference long enough for Naga to join the party. Then its unleash the beast while Xizor runs away and hopes for Reserves.

Call me crazy.... but I prefer Bith Vigos over Twi'lek Vigos in general. Stealth means a lot to me. It allows me to be more aggressive which I like. I also like that they have Twin Attack, without needing a CE or a Czerka. They can hit for 60dmg and have Evade for back up if I come across Accurate Shot or make a cover mistake.

I do use Naga, Xizor, and TBSVs in another build. I just wanted to post this because it seemed different than the other Naga builds i've been seeing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Sith_Asassyn - A 200pt game is very rare for me to be playing. I tend to stick to 150pt games and under. However I am sure this wouldn't be as good at 200pts... There is just too much stuff you can do at 200pts for this type of build to be a winner at that level. However at 150 it works... Trust me. I have had some great ups and downs with this squad (Ask NickName) he has seen me smash with this squad. He has also seen me get oblitterated with it.

I went 2-2. Lost the first 2, but after figuring out my squad I won the last 2 games.

My best game, all I lost was the Uggie and the Aqualish Assassin. (Even after Naga got Severed by Nomi)

My worst game all I killed was 1 Ossus Guardian (3 Guardians, Garm, Uggie, Ihtorian Commander, Bothan Noble)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:58 am 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

LandShark wrote:
@ LoboStele - Your right. This is something I noticed fairly early. The 2 abilities tend to compete with eachother when I win inits. After a few uses though I managed to make it work. The Bith BS Vigos are the infantry. Naga doesn't even see the light of day until I am at least 1 Vigo down and he is nice and stocked on fps. Once the Vigos go down, I move Xizor up to play stinky interference long enough for Naga to join the party. Then its unleash the beast while Xizor runs away and hopes for Reserves.

Call me crazy.... but I prefer Bith Vigos over Twi'lek Vigos in general. Stealth means a lot to me. It allows me to be more aggressive which I like. I also like that they have Twin Attack, without needing a CE or a Czerka. They can hit for 60dmg and have Evade for back up if I come across Accurate Shot or make a cover mistake.

I do use Naga, Xizor, and TBSVs in another build. I just wanted to post this because it seemed different than the other Naga builds i've been seeing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Sith_Asassyn - A 200pt game is very rare for me to be playing. I tend to stick to 150pt games and under. However I am sure this wouldn't be as good at 200pts... There is just too much stuff you can do at 200pts for this type of build to be a winner at that level. However at 150 it works... Trust me. I have had some great ups and downs with this squad (Ask NickName) he has seen me smash with this squad. He has also seen me get oblitterated with it.

I went 2-2. Lost the first 2, but after figuring out my squad I won the last 2 games.

My best game, all I lost was the Uggie and the Aqualish Assassin. (Even after Naga got Severed by Nomi)

My worst game all I killed was 1 Ossus Guardian (3 Guardians, Garm, Uggie, Ihtorian Commander, Bothan Noble)

Hmm. I decided to give up on this squad lol.. Glad that you got it to work.. I couldnt get mine to function in a way that i liked.. same problems u were having.. Maybe i didnt play it right idk. But its nice to see that the Sith are actually starting to get good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:37 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Sith_Asassyn wrote:
LandShark wrote:

Hmm. I decided to give up on this squad lol.. Glad that you got it to work.. I couldnt get mine to function in a way that i liked.. same problems u were having.. Maybe i didnt play it right idk. But its nice to see that the Sith are actually starting to get good.

Yes, indeed. I think just about everyone wants to see the Sith get better.

I think any decent squad can be a winner. You just need to play it enough to get good with it.