Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

11 Acts

24 Mercenary Commander
21 General Veers
8 Mas Ameeda
32 Thrawn
42 Chiss Mercenary x3
13 Gotal Mercenary (intuition out of LOS so i can swap a Chiss in for furious)
9 Ug Demo x3

i think this would work better in 200 but lmk what u think... also i think i need ozzel in here as well. thoughts on that?

i would beef up the attack score if i had the pts but the +2 from Jolee wouldnt really help.. depending more on the amount of shots i take at 30-50 dmg. If the Chiss have to stay still they get deadeye and hopefully opportunist to put them at 10's but without ozzel thats rather hopeful.

Post subject: Re: Furiously Accurate
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:41 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I went against a squad like this and was demolished. Those Chiss are very heavy hitters. I like the idea of using Gotal to thrawn swap with.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:27 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

obikenobi1 wrote:
I went against a squad like this and was demolished. Those Chiss are very heavy hitters. I like the idea of using Gotal to thrawn swap with.

very cool.. that sounds promising to me... could u share the build if u remember it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sith_Asassyn wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:

very cool.. that sounds promising to me... could u share the build if u remember it?

If you are interested, here is my 200 point build (all Gotals). I haven't been able to get it to where I like it at 150...

http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7401

Mine doesn't use the Chiss, (I went for max intuition) but I could see switching out a Gotal or two and an ugg for the Chiss' extra damage potential - nasty. Good idea swapping the Chiss into position using the Gotal to set it up. I like the swap to put an uggie in place of my merc when the opponent moves in to base it, or just to avoid return opportunist attacks...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

you cant swap uggies have to be same base.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:48 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jonnyb815 wrote:
you cant swap uggies have to be same base.

Oh right, DOH! Don't think I ever actually did that in a game... Jolee yes, Uggies no. Thanks for the catch :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Sith_Asassyn wrote:
11 Acts

24 Mercenary Commander
21 General Veers
8 Mas Ameeda
32 Thrawn
42 Chiss Mercenary x3
9 Ug Demo x3

i think this would work better in 200 but lmk what u think... also i think i need ozzel in here as well. thoughts on that?

i would beef up the attack score if i had the pts but the +2 from Jolee wouldnt really help.. depending more on the amount of shots i take at 30-50 dmg. If the Chiss have to stay still they get deadeye and hopefully opportunist to put them at 10's but without ozzel thats rather hopeful.

As a 200-point squad, you should add
    Nym -- Unique, Disruptive (Suppresses enemy commander effects within 6 squares), Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving), Grenades 40 (Replaces attacks: range 6; 40 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11), Rapport (Characters with Mercenary cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character), Recon (Roll twice for initiative once per round, choosing either roll, if any character with Recon in the same squad has line of sight to an enemy).

Commander Effect:
    Non-Unique followers with Mercenary within 6 squares gain Double Attack.

I know he's costly (that's why I put in a 200-point variant), but with his rapport for mercs, he's worth it. Also, with the additional 4 points, you should drop in a Mouse Droid (or another Uggie).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:53 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

SteveSpikes wrote:
Sith_Asassyn wrote:
11 Acts

24 Mercenary Commander
21 General Veers
8 Mas Ameeda
32 Thrawn
42 Chiss Mercenary x3
9 Ug Demo x3

As a 200-point squad, you should add
    Nym -- Unique, Disruptive (Suppresses enemy commander effects within 6 squares), Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving), Grenades 40 (Replaces attacks: range 6; 40 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11), Rapport (Characters with Mercenary cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character), Recon (Roll twice for initiative once per round, choosing either roll, if any character with Recon in the same squad has line of sight to an enemy).

Commander Effect:
    Non-Unique followers with Mercenary within 6 squares gain Double Attack.

I know he's costly (that's why I put in a 200-point variant), but with his rapport for mercs, he's worth it. Also, with the additional 4 points, you should drop in a Mouse Droid (or another Uggie).

Hmm, Idk if id run him or not honestly... The Double can help if i get stuck standing still, and the rapport could help me get in an extra activation or 2 depending how i tweaked the build. But hes kind of a glass cannon imo.. i ran him once n he died rather quickly.

but thx for the suggestion ill keep it in mind.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Jabba Crime lord fits well as the mercs would gain cunning thus always having either opportunist or cunning.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Jabba Crime lord fits well as the mercs would gain cunning thus always having either opportunist or cunning.

one of the pieces i wanted to get at gen con and didnt... sigh

ill keep that in mind tho