logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Thrawn's Opportunistic Buddies 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:48 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

So I put this together but im still trying to improve it some, Let me know what you guys think:

Thrawn 32
Boba Fett (Rebel Strike) 50
Anakin Skywalker, Sith Apprentice 39 Points
Jareal 23 Points
2x Ugnaught Demo

Basic idea is that Thrawn gives Emo Vader, Boba, and Jareal Opportunist. I tried to fit San Hill in but cant find a place for him.

Post subject: Re: Thrawn's Opportunistic Buddies 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, San Hill is Separatist, so you couldn't use him. :P Ozzel you could use though. If the Rebel Storm Boba is the only one you've got, then that's fine, but if you have a different Boba, you really should consider using them instead. The RS Boba is pretty under-powered compared to any of the newer Bobas.

Otherwise, you're pretty light on activations. A big strategy for Thrawn squads is to out-activate the opponent when possible, and THEN swap in your big piece to wail on the opponent. Sometimes this means you use Ozzel, but not always. So, I might consider dropping Boba, and adding lots of fodder stuff like Stormtroopers and such.

Oooh, also, you need either Mas Amedda or Mouse Droids to spread out Thrawn's swapping CE.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:47 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LoboStele wrote:
Well, San Hill is Separatist, so you couldn't use him. :P Ozzel you could use though. If the Rebel Storm Boba is the only one you've got, then that's fine, but if you have a different Boba, you really should consider using them instead. The RS Boba is pretty under-powered compared to any of the newer Bobas.

Otherwise, you're pretty light on activations. A big strategy for Thrawn squads is to out-activate the opponent when possible, and THEN swap in your big piece to wail on the opponent. Sometimes this means you use Ozzel, but not always. So, I might consider dropping Boba, and adding lots of fodder stuff like Stormtroopers and such.

Oooh, also, you need either Mas Amedda or Mouse Droids to spread out Thrawn's swapping CE.

Yeah I was thinking of a Sep squad im working on for san hill (/facepalm)

What if I cut RS Boba for Boba Fett, Enforcer? So it would look more like the following:

Thrawn 32
Anakin Skywalker, Sith Apprentice 39
Jarael 23
Boba Fett, Enforcer 38
Imperial Diginitary 5
Stormtrooper 5
2x Ugnaught Demo 6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:23 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Your missing Mas Amedda (8 points) to give your squad a longer range for any Commander Effects.
Without Mas, your commanders will have to be closer to the "troops" for the CEs to work. Swapping works best if you can swap a piece way out front with one waiting to strike from the rear.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:52 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I like Jarael with opp and shock, but I would lose Boba. That way you can work in Mas, a TBSV (to give her a 10 square triple). That still leaves another 12pts for fodder, some more shooters, or perhaps even a cheap accurate shooter if you still think you need one. If the idea is more about Boba, then perhaps lose Jarael for Mas and another couple of stormies.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:10 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

billiv15 wrote:
I like Jarael with opp and shock, but I would lose Boba. That way you can work in Mas, a TBSV (to give her a 10 square triple). That still leaves another 12pts for fodder, some more shooters, or perhaps even a cheap accurate shooter if you still think you need one. If the idea is more about Boba, then perhaps lose Jarael for Mas and another couple of stormies.

Boba was just in there as a shooter. I could do something like this:

Thrawn (IE) 32
Jarael 23
Mas Amedda 08
Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler 28
2x Raxus Prime Troopers 10
Gran Raider 04
2x Ugnaught Demo 06

How does this look?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

billiv15 wrote:

Boba was just in there as a shooter. I could do something like this:

Thrawn (IE) 32
Jarael 23
Mas Amedda 08
Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler 28
2x Raxus Prime Troopers 10
Gran Raider 04
2x Ugnaught Demo 06

How does this look?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

sorry about double post, I lagged a little.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:57 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

10 activations at 150 points can still be slightly light. Dash Render, RS is a great shooter, but if you're going for helping out with your Mini Black & Blue type build, I would go with the Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo where you still have a modest shooter, and add in 2 - 3 more activations if you can.

I'm not sure how the meta is where you play, but even 10 activations is a pretty standard number of activations, and if you have anyone playing tempo pieces like Dodonna, then you're going to have to do your swapping in the middle of a round wherer you're opponent is going to get to dish out some attacks on your main attacker.

The Black & Blue concept is to run them completely out of activations, then move piece (Jarael) up to combat, triple attack (Greater mobile thanks to TBSV), Thrawn rolls and swaps Jarael and mini VADER, (normally this is your opponent's turn now but they have already activated everything sinse you're so strong with activations), then mini Vader takes turn with opportunist. Next round, you win initiative and you either attack early with mini vader to finish off enemy piece or swap him out to save damage on him with a mini that can take the damage or Jarael who (with the same defense as Anakin) can also parry/evade.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:00 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I like you're concept of using Anakin Sith apprentice. I was looking at his stats, and with the combo of using "Loner" "sith rage" "opportunist" and getting to make both his attacks still he will attack 2 times at 21 attack dishing out 40 damage both times and then the beginning of the next round he can do it all again just without opportunist giving him 2 attacks at 17 attack for 30 damage each time. If all of Jarael's attacks hit, she will do 20 damage each time from a 14 attack. That puts a total of 200 points worth of damage. That will fair very well against just about any mini!

Good Luck with the squad!