Jedi Knight

49 Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
44 Sith Apprentice x2
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
9 Mouse Droid x3
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 11 activations)

Dash can get force points from Sid and re roll a critical attack or move father away. The apprentices can grip at will or throw when need be and not worry about force points, and Malak can come in and lightning off anybody who is low enough or gets in his way

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Post subject: Re: Dash a Sith Apprentice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:11 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Looks solid. I"d probably drop a MD and an Ug for a Camaasi. Could drop a second MD for a Gran, too.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:18 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

You really don't need more than one mouse droid.

Here is mine.

--Dash's Sith Lords 150--
49 Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
23 Sith Lord
22 Sith Apprentice
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
5 Caamasi Noble
3 Mouse Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 10 activations)

I've debated the 2 SAs vs a SA and a SL. The Caamasi is a nice addition, and like I said, more than one mouse is probably overkill in this. The need for FPs is satysfied in about 2-3 rounds at most, and while one mouse lets you spread out, I have more use for the Caamasi myself.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:43 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I really like the Sith Apprentice.

The Sith Lord is good too though - LIghtning & Assault.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'd probably go apprentice over lord because of the higher attack. I don't know for sure, though. I'd have to play it a few times to decide.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

i could see the use of a noble but i guess you would have to move sid more instead of leaving him back to make sure that no one shoots him or a quick tap. Going back and forth between the SA and SL is a hard decision. SL are better used when ageist vong since throw can be used ageist them but the lightning can do 30 damage to 2 targets. kind of a hard decision

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:16 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

StriderRe80 wrote:
i could see the use of a noble but i guess you would have to move sid more instead of leaving him back to make sure that no one shoots him or a quick tap. Going back and forth between the SA and SL is a hard decision. SL are better used when ageist vong since throw can be used ageist them but the lightning can do 30 damage to 2 targets. kind of a hard decision

As Dennis pointed out I like the higher attack and Throw 2 as well.

The one thing about having one of each is you have some versatility. AGainst Vong - you have the Apprentice. Against everything else you have LIghtning.

Good balance IMO but personally I like the higher attack.

For what it's worth a Sith Apprentice ALMOST (and I mean almost) took down a Jesnaarai 1 on 1. It came down to him needing one more hit and rolled a 2. Granted that has NO bearing on anything really, but I found it interesting that his moderately high attack meant more hits and Throw 2, although the SA didn't get a chance to use it set it up good had he won init.

For 22 points (and 23 for the Sith Lord) both are nice improvements for mid-level NU Jedi (Sith)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:34 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Fool wrote:
StriderRe80 wrote:

As Dennis pointed out I like the higher attack and Throw 2 as well.

The one thing about having one of each is you have some versatility. AGainst Vong - you have the Apprentice. Against everything else you have LIghtning.

Good balance IMO but personally I like the higher attack.

For what it's worth a Sith Apprentice ALMOST (and I mean almost) took down a Jesnaarai 1 on 1. It came down to him needing one more hit and rolled a 2. Granted that has NO bearing on anything really, but I found it interesting that his moderately high attack meant more hits and Throw 2, although the SA didn't get a chance to use it set it up good had he won init.

For 22 points (and 23 for the Sith Lord) both are nice improvements for mid-level NU Jedi (Sith)

True but the sith lord has a higher def which could also help in survivability. The thing with lightsaber throw is you can use it as assault as well which i did use so i would not have to worry about cover. that would of been an interesting match with the sith apprentice vs the defender. Don't know how the apprentice did it with the defenders armor. i faced a new republic vong squad on sunday and i think i could of still taken the two vong with a sith lord as dash was not even damaged and neither was malak but that one only 2 vong. who knows what would of happened if it was a full vong squad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:08 pm 

Here's the deal, I've played this a couple of times. About round 3 I start using Sid as a shield anyway. He's as good as a mouse droid at that, and the opponent wants to kill him. It works great once I think I have enough FPs.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, it's simple enough to keep Sidious hidden behind a wall as you advance your squad in the 1st round or two. And to some degree, you can turtle with the SA/SL an extra round or two to build up FPs, while Dash harasses the opponent. I definitely like the overall look of the squad though. Only thing I would be concerned with his how quickly the SA/SL or Malak could get killed (no defensive powers), and how you run this squad against something with Tempo Control, or high movement (thinking Speedy Cannon or Yobuck).

I definitely agree with doing one Sith Lord and one Sith Apprentice though. The 30 dmg Lightning is definitely worth it, and if you're worried about Vong, the Assault works just fine. You can kill at least 1 Vong per round with Dash/SA/SL/Malak, possibly two if their Crab Armor rolls are lousy. And I think the versatility of the Sith Lord is necessary against some squads, for things like taking out R2 Astromech. Without the SL, you'd have to use Malak's Lightning to do stuff like that, and that might get him killed quicker.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

LoboStele wrote:
Only thing I would be concerned with his how quickly the SA/SL or Malak could get killed (no defensive powers), and how you run this squad against something with Tempo Control, or high movement (thinking Speedy Cannon or Yobuck).

yea i can see this being a problem with no defensive powers but maybe that will change in a future set. tempo control could be a problem but after you engage it should not be to much of a problem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I did something similiar but I dropped Dash for Lando-HoT to keep the guys behind cover. Something about mobile Force Grip just seemed fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:59 pm 
General
General

Markedman247 wrote:
I did something similiar but I dropped Dash for Lando-HoT to keep the guys behind cover. Something about mobile Force Grip just seemed fun.

Good idea!

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

As appealing as the mobile choke can be, I have to wonder if its worth such notable downgrade to the damage output as going from dash to lando.