Kel-Dor BH-13 pts
Kel-Dor BH-13 pts
R4 Astromech Droid-8 pts
Peace Brigade Thug-4 pts
Ugnaught Demo-3 pts
Ugnaught Demo-3 pts
Mouse Droid-3 pts

Total Pts-150

The premise of this squad is simple; Kel-Dor BH sneaky-stealthy-rush to oppossing beats, w/ Sith Lord and Sids following behind. I can either Pawn the KDBHs to move some more (and take the pivotal 10 DMG), and then Shock the KDBHs with Sids and the Sith Lord, forcing the "Exploding Thunder" and putting the hurt on oppossing beats or other pivotal figs, or I can Pawn the Sith Lord and lightning twice against big characters, hopefully with the KDBHs near by to deal extra 40+ DMG.

I've never done this type of squad before, and I am really itching to get one that is as competetive as possible. I know it will be tough to fight Vongs, that's why it will probably need to be tweaked some. I was just "putting pen to paper" with this prototype build.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

-I was thinking of taking out the Echani for another SL to help keep Sids around longer (he will not have to be as close, since his Lightning will not be as pivotal).
-I could use Dash instead of the Echani, but would have to acquire one first (not too terribly difficult, though).
-Obviously against the Vong I would have to use a different strategy. That's why I'm asking for y'all to help me.

Pwetty Pweese

Post subject: Re: Sith 150 pts. "Exploding Thunder"
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:25 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Echani Handmaiden and Czerka Scientist are sexy together. She might end up being a bigger threat than your Siths. Either way, she'll be a good distraction.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:28 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The Czerka Scientist doesn't help the Echani at all, as she already has Twin.

I'd drop the Echani for a Sith Apprentice, personally. Could be good to have a little extra offensive punch for the squad.

I'm not sure you really need the R4 though. If you're planning to use Lightning most of the time, then having an R4 is kind of pointless. Otherwise, most of your pieces have pretty decent attack values anyways. So I would probably drop both the R4 and the Peace Brigade Thug and go with more Ugos/Mouse Droids, so you can spread out your swapping a bit further.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:48 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I agree with Lobo mostly, except that you cannot swap Ugs with the Kel-dors due to base size. I would get rid of the Czerka and R4 for either 2 more Kel-dors and a Camassi or 1 Kel-dor, Czerka and Camassi. The Czerka doesn't help the Echani, but she will give the Kel-dors twin. With their high attack value that's a good trade-off. The thing with a Kel-dor squad like this though is once you go boom, you are short a Kel-dor, so the 40pts of damage you get from the explosion needs to be timed just right or you will find yourself without the extra support and possibly down in points.

This squad has potential, but I think you need more than 2 Kel-dors to pull it off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Oh, I wasn't trying to say anything about swapping with the Ugos, was just recommending to add another Mouse Droid or two to expand the swapping range. Sorry if there was confusion there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I'm thinking this squad concept will do OK against squads that have 1 big hitter, but less well against squads that have a larger number of credible threats. The lightning/pawn/lightning/SD40x2 threat delivers enough direct damage to kill most anything, but it does so exactly one time. And then you're left with very little to bat cleanup. And this is assuming it works - since you'll usually be out-activated I don't know how you're going to pull it off.

I love the pawn/swap combination that Sidious offers, but in a faction without Mas or tempo control, and on a character this expensive, I don't think it quite works. I haven't quite come up with a good way to play the new Sidious.

Try the concept out with Mittth'raw'nuruodo, some Kel Dor and a few Disciples of Ragnos, and it might work out a lot better.

Or maybe even try a Kel Dor / Sith Lord swarm with Holosid. You can get a lot of them in 150 points if you've only spent 11 points on your commander. Something like this:
2 Sith Lord
1 Sith Apprentice
4 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
1 Darth Sidious, Hologram
1 Peace Brigade Thug
2 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Maybe work in Lando HoT for mobile lightning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:51 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Thank you all for your comments; they helped to answer what I was thinking. The R4 was in there w/ the Echani so she could hit targets easier. I will add some more Kel-Dors and a Czerka and see how that works out. I'll toy around with it some more and update it later.

Also, I will make an Imperial one since the idea was thrown out there :D

EDIT: After some toying around with this squad, I could not get one that I was satisfied with; so I decided to try the Sith build @ 200pts. It will be posted over on that section, but I'll add a link here.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7101