logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: The Jedi Exile's Activating Assault [JEAA]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:30 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Seems like an obvious build for the post-JA scene. Felt it was worth posting simply because it's so simple, and I'm sure similar incarnations will be popping up at LGSs come June 30th. Here it is:

--The Jedi Exile's Activating Assault [JEAA]--
62 Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
49 The Jedi Exile
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
13 Czerka Scientist
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(148pts. 6 activations)

Premise is simple: Boba and the Twi'lek get a Greater Mobile quad attack, both with Jolt. Boba uses his accurate shot at the start of a round to try and activate key characters, and the Twi'lek finishes up with the quad opportunist +20. Exile sits back and builds up force points until she needs to run some interference later in the game, at which point she can shut down any force powers used to defend against the damage, or more importantly, prevent any re-rolls to the Jolt saves. She can even activate the opponent herself with a Repulse 3 if need be.

Yeah, it's low on activations and door control, but getting 4 accurate shots with 4 chances to activate your opponent to start a round gives you a great chance at slowing down almost any strategy your opponent throws at you (and help even any activation advantage). Your opponent can't beat you if he can't activate. Even if your opponent goes first you get 8 shots to try and activate the opponent's remaining pieces, nevermind the sheer damage output between the two shooters alone (200 w/opportunist). Even the popular evading squads aren't immune, as they still have to make the Jolt save even if they avoid the damage. Yeah, the squad has it's weaknesses, but the simple premise and devastating combo at least makes it a squad that should be respected (especially considering how tempting it may be for younger players to use).

Let me know what you guys think. Does it reek of "crutch" too much? Are there any ways you can think of to help improve it (mouse droid for ug? try to fit in a bodyguard)? Perhaps a cooler name?

Post subject: Re: The Jedi Exile's Activating Assault [JEAA]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, a squad like the popular Kyle/Wedge builds right now will give it trouble. You'll have to either deal with Evade, or deal with Disruptive, neither of which will be pretty. And the thing that bothers me about the TBSV so much is it's weak HP. One lost init and there goes over 50% of your damage output per round. It's hard to say yet whether the Lancer will make a comeback with JA (mostly dependent on a GOWK ban), but I could definitely see Yobuck continuing to stay popular, and that would wreck this squad. Yobuck could kill both the Czerka and the TBSV in a single phase (Tow + Gallop for 28 square range), and even if Yobuck takes some damage after the gallop, there's a good chance he'll survive. The lancer could be even worse as it hits your fodder pieces as well.

Has some potential, but I see it as more of a 'crutch' type squad, or perhaps better suited to 200 points.

Post subject: Re: The Jedi Exile's Activating Assault [JEAA]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I, personally, would drop Boba-BH and use his cheaper counter part Boba-Enforcer and then add in Lando-DS. They would get GMA. You get at least 3 more activations (2 Mouse Droids + Lando-DS) bringing you up to 9. Still not optimal as double digit activations but gets more use out of GMA and doesn't keep your pieces altogether.