logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Speeder Bikes of Justice
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:09 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

I was thinking about 2 of the greatest CE's in SWM (Vader IC/Piett) and then I suddenly thought about one of the overpriced, not very effective pieces in the game (Scout trooper on speeder) and then a lightbulb went off :idea: (yeah, at 3am on a saturday night) and then my mind gave birth to this

Admiral Piett 20
Darth Vader, Imperial Commander 53
Mas Amedda 8
Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike x 2 42
Stormtrooper x 4 20
Gran Raider 4
Uggie 3

150 pts

This probably would be alot better at 200 pts but I find my skills at squad building at 200 pts are a bit lacking (not as bad as 100 pts though, ugh). So the idea is having these super bikes that strafe 12 squares and knock around everyone in its path at +10 attack for 30 damage with opportunist. They hopefully end thier turn some where with some cover so their defense clocks in at 27 with vader's ce.

Here's the Thrawn, E-Web swap version

Grand Admiral Thrawn featuring Mas Amedda 45
Admiral Piett 20
Scout Bikes of Justice x 2 42
Snowtrooper on E-Web 18
Stormies x 4 20
Uggie 3

148 pts

This one is probably too situational but is one I would like to give a shot. Scoutbikes strafe, thrawn swaps out with an E-Web, E-Web Doubles at +11 with opp and thrawn's CE for 40 each time. That's plenty of chances to clear the area and avoid any retaliation fire on the E-Web, because if not then it's pretty much a sitting duck.

And ofcourse here's my pretty straight forward GVL version

Admiral Piett 20
Scouts on Speeders x 2 42
Elite Stormtrooper x3 33
Storm Trooper x 9 45
Twilek Bodyguard 10

This one is more along the lines of making sure you out act your opp to get those speeders in for some good damage, combining fire with the plethora of stormtroopers if you need to. Elites add a little bit more punch and Twilek gives piett 30 more hp which he'll need while he tries to stay within 6 of his troops. Speeders are probably best kept back and wait till the enemy makes a charge as it will be tough to strafe and stay within 6 of piett.