logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Vong Battle Group
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:37 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Tried out an idea I had with the Vong, works really well, has great synergy, excellent range and melee damage. Wanted to post it and see if anyone has any ideas for improvements:

Nom Anor 34
Genohadarin Assasin 21
Shaper 21
Adv. Agent Officer 11
Czerka Scientist 13
Jedi Hunter x 2 40
Uggie x3 9
149 pts; 10 activations

Use Nom Anor's Masquer on the scientist. I know if I expose the Shaper it will be picked off, so I have to make sure it doesn't get exposed. I will have twin for both shooters. Nom shoots at 16 attack for 30 damage--with Shaper nearby, against an unactivated target and the assasin shoots at 12 attack for 20 damage against an unactivated target. I also considered going this route:

Nom Anor 34
Shaper 21
Scientist 13
Garindan 12
Jedi Hunter x2 40
Abyssin BS Thugs x3 24
uggie x2 6
150 pts; 11 acts

again, giving the scientist the masquer. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time and input.

[/size]

Post subject: Re: Vong Battle Group
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:51 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm not really sure the Czerka is doing enough in your squad to be worth it. Typically, you really want her to be boosting 4-6 pieces to be really worth her 13 points. Probably personal opinion though.

And I typically find the Adv. Agent Officer to be a waste of points unless you're running the MTB for init control. With the new initiative rules, that might change a little. If you DO win init, you'll only be able to attack with one piece getting the Cunning damage, unless you're good enough to set up your opponent in a situation where at least one piece can get hit twice in your first phase (letting the opponent go first and activate only 1). But that can be hard to coordinate properly. Plus, the Adv. Agent Officer is just SO easy to pick off, even with the 'super' Stealth. You already have two Cunning attackers in that first squad with Nom and the Genoharadan. I'd drop the Adv Officer and see if you could work in another Jedi Hunter instead.

Post subject: Re: Vong Battle Group
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I agree with Lobo. Drop the Czerka and the Agent Officer and put in either another Jedi Hunter with a Gran, or 4 Vong Scouts for some cheap bombs/thud bugs. The extra bombs will provide some more deterrant against Lancer and Yobuck squads.