logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: B&A (NR 150.)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:20 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

This is the squad I'm most likely going to run at my LGS tourney tomorrow night. I reckon it's got the firepower and flexibility to cope with the squads I'm expecting to see...thoughts?

Total:150, 9 Activations.
Boba Fett, Merc. (58)
Aurra Sing (37)
Gen. Wedge (23)
Luke, FS (10)
Gen. Dodonna (9)
Uggiesx3 (9)
Gran (4)

Boba with Wedge's CE is a match for his BH version, if not better, I feel, and intuition+mobile+evade should make damned hard to get a shot on. Aurra with mobile and mettle-evade-saves is just plain nasty. Boba can intuition out, and against IG's/Lancer's can either pop them in one, or force them to move early to avoid the cunning attacks, and his evade should protect him if he has to stay in the open for a turn. Aurra's 30dmg AoO, and the mobile accurate should work nicely against Yobuck+doombot.

Neither of them should miss much, so there should be a pretty steady+high damage output. Wedge plays scrub killer, and the gran should be a decent gambit getter with his evade and stealth.

Post subject: Re: B&A (NR 150.)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:04 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, if GGDAC squads are what you are most worried about, you may not do as well as you think. Aurra will need 14's to hit a Lancer in cover, and Boba will need 11's, even with Cunning Attack. It's 15 and 12, respectively, to hit the IG-86 Droids. You'll be doing a lot of Mobile Attacking against the Droid squads, IMO, as it'll likely take at least 1 round per Droids, if not more.

The only other problem with this squad is that I see a max possible damage output per round of 90 damage (30 each from Boba with Cunning, and 30 from Aurra with JH). Compare that to a lot of other squads, and you'll see it falls pretty far short. Granted, you have better survivability than a lot of other squads do, with the Mobile/Evade, but will it be enough if you face something other than Droid squads? And if you don't kill the Lancer(s) quickly, that Evade won't do you any good anyways.

It's not a bad build, but it's something I learned with San Hill over this past year: just doesn't have enough quick damage output.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Drop Luke FS and the Gran for a Czerka. Since your damage output is so low, at the very least you can give Boba and Aurra Jolt, and Wedge and Dodonna can get twins. It will help you a lot more than a few extra fps on Aurra.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:43 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I agree with an earlier posting, the damage output is not really all that much, it's decent, but just that. Your idea of putting Wedge with Boba is pretty neat, I like that one a lot. Since you're probably playing NR, taking out the Gran and the FS and Aurra Sing and putting Han GH might help you with a little more damage potential. Granted, you'relosing 2 activations, but Han might be able to last a little longer and besides, disruptive comes in handy in a pickle...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:03 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I think you would be better served with someone to run interference instead of Aurra. Some way to keep people away. Plenty of options in the NR.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:04 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I see two main switches, that I at least would personally make. First option: -Aurra, -Luke Ghost, -Gran, +Mara Jedi, +2x Ugs. Second option: -Aurra, -Luke Ghost, -Gran, +Shado Vao, +Ug The Mara build would be much more offensive then the Aurra squad, and the Shado squad would be a more defensive version, when compared to the Mara squad but would still be a more offensive squad then the Aurra Squad. I think either build would be a better squad then the squad you have currently, no offense meant by that of course.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Points taken, and thanks guys. You were right about damage output, I tested it some more and it wasn't enough, in the final tourney I played:

Total:149, 8 Activations.
Boba, Merc (58)
Mara, Jedi (45)
Gen. Wedge (23)
Gen. Dodonna (9)
Uggiesx3 (9)
Caamasi (5)

It went 3-1, beat a GG Lancer squad (admittedly, I got some damn lucky dice rolls, he forgot about Boba's intuition, so I was able to win initiative+intuition and get a double cunning shot on it, rolling a 16 and a 17), and also tore apart a GG Opportunist squad, and managed to beat a General Obi + Ani, CoN build (I love the non-melee ruling of Lightsaber...)

Lost to a Speedy Cannon build, methinks as awesome as Boba is with Gen. Wedge, KKJBM's Disruptive would have been more useful...ah well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:17 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Shadows wrote:
Total:149, 8 Activations.
Boba, Merc (58)
Mara, Jedi (45)
Gen. Wedge (23)
Gen. Dodonna (9)
Uggiesx3 (9)
Caamasi (5)

I just tried this team in a casual battle, Mara was ok, the intuition on Fett was great and the added Mobile and evade made him highly playable. Good, fun team...nice job Shadows!