Total:150, 8 Activations.
Mara Jade, Jedi (45)
Aurra Sing (37)
Jacen Solo (25)
Princess Leia (20)
Gen. Dodonna (9)
Wicket (8)
Uggsx2 (6)

The basic premise behind this squad is the same as any type of cannon squad, but with a few tweaks. I felt Gen. Wedge was better not in the build (although he'd be the first in at 200) at you'll be using Mara to get up close and in their face, and I think it's better to have the points for a back up shooter (i.e. Aurra) than to get the mobile/evade. Mara can use her stealth to get close (big problem for those non-accurate IG86 droids, and once you're close enough you can dice them in seconds) and well, the other big player at 150 is Yobuck, and being able to evade him doesn't matter (and seeing as Rex is non-accurate, stealth should protect you again), it just means you have to position more carefully.

The ability to kill Yobuck if he's within 18 squares (seeing as against most of the yobuck builds I've seen posted, I should out-activate) and I win init makes a huge difference, as there's no chance for him to run away and then run back in and finish my pieces off now.

The idea is to snipe with the stealthed Mara, and advance mostly as a group, using Leia with Aurra early on for some nice 40dmg hits against jedi. Once in range (probably around the gambit area) Mara can potentially do 200 damage against an unactivated opponent, or the usual 120 to one person, and then stick 60 on their secondary big piece. Yup, suck on that Han, I can kill Bane in one go. Although abit more fragile than the Han cannon, it should be able to contend with the new republic cannon squads, and I reckon could give alot of 150 squads a run for their money. Jacen isn't a half-bad back up fighter, especially if Leia takes a hit, as he can do 40 by himself, and then get a Leia boost for another 50. Finally, there's the none-too-small problem of Aurra.

Wicket helps against the big defence droid types, although i'm tempted to drop him and an ugg for a human bodyguard for Leia, what do you reckon?

Anyways, thoughts? Should be fun, even if it's not top tier. I'm mostly concerned about the fact that it's a bit fragile (but then I guess that's where the glass cannon term comes from.)

I've never made a cannon squad before, so any help would be appreciated in improving this/telling me whether you think it will work at all.

Post subject: Re: Mara Cannon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:03 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

You need to reread Princess Leia's CE and also the FAQ for Affinity.

Leia' CE is for Rebel Factioned Figures only. There are no Rebels in your squad. She can never use it on Aurra Sing.

If you want to do something like this, then you have to use Garm and bring in a Bothan Noble.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:02 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Nah, I wasn't thinking through Affinity, I didn't check Leia's CE properly.
Ugh, oh well, back to the drawing board. I suppose;

Total:150
Garm Bel Iblis (45)
Mara, Jedi (45)
Aurra (37)
Gen. Dodonna (9)
Wicket (8)
Uggsx2 (6)

Then bring in a Noble and some rebel filler might work, but it's no where near as effective. Ah well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, actually, I've used Mara w/ Garm bringing in a Bothan and a Rauntaun at 100 points and I've had quite a bit of success with that. So, it should still hold up decently against Droid or Yobuck builds currently running around. The key is that Yobuck won't take a Galloping attack against Mara very lightly, not wanting to eat the Twin AoO, so use her to shield your Rauntaun. Then set up for the beginning of round strike and hope the Rauntaun's Recon works out for you. You can dish out 200 damage using the Rauntaun's Spotter 20, and then the extra attack from the Bothan, as long as Cunning is in play.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:33 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I don't know, it always seemed to me that Garm is almost a waste of points. I dont feel that you get 45 points out of him in most of these builds, more like getting 30 points out of him.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:45 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

For the last 15 points though, I would compare him to Wedge Red Two in some ways. Garm is a +9 for 10 damage, and has decent HP as well, so he makes a great scrub killer. If you don't need his CE, then he can also be a good meat shield for a round or so. At the 150 point level or above, you start throwing in pieces like Bossk BH, Wedge, Kyle JBM, Baby Boba....there's plenty of options. Actually, for 150 points, Wedge and Baby Boba would be a great combination. Gets you two mobile, accurate shooters for picking off scrubs.