57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
51 IG-86 Assassin Droid x3
12 Gha Nachkt
10 San Hill
9 Battle Droid Officer
12 Battle Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 12 activations)

Its got tempo control, door control, plenty of range support, and even a melee beat stick to keep the pressure off of your IG-86 droids.

Each IG Droid is shooting at +21 for 30 damage twice (BDO + Grievous + Opportunist), San will help me out activate most 150 point squads, and when I need to get an activation advantage -without leaving my IG-86 droids in the open- my Battle Droids can knock off most fodder pieces with their +8 twin attack! :D

After a bit of thought, I'm starting to think this might be one of the strongest post-CW squads I've seen so far (which pretty much means they can do major damage to JWM's/Obi :P)

I can see Super Stealth, Cloaked, and maybe even Swarms being an issue, but I think it could give Bill's Ithorian Beast swarm a run for its money on most maps.

Let me know what you think, I really want this squad to be as good as I know it can be, but I feel like there's something missing from it still...

<Joruus> - (its VASSAL, so you'll crit or roll a 1)
*** 1d20B = 1 *** <Yodarulz>

Post subject: Re: Opportunistic Droids!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:14 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Grievous is good, no doubts, but I think that you are overestimating his abilites. Obi-wan I think probably beats this squad, Yes, you always hit him, but he gets to save against the damage, and on average he will not take much damage on the approach.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:55 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Grievous is good, no doubts, but I think that you are overestimating his abilites. Obi-wan I think probably beats this squad, Yes, you always hit him, but he gets to save against the damage, and on average he will not take much damage on the approach.

What kind of Obi are you playing?

The IG droids attack at a +21 for 30 damage twice and they will move after Obi. Obi will fall before he can get near Grevious.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:07 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I believe you are mistaken sir, General Obi-Wan Kenobi is whom I was referencing and obviously there is more to a squad than him, but if you are lucky you get 1 round of shooting before he is on you <With an opponent who hides him> and each of your attacks has less than a 50% chance of striking him. He probably has his astromech friend with him increasing his attack range to 24 squares. Beyond this is 86 points of who knows what to answer your Battle droids with.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:04 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Disregard my Comments, I thought Obi was like his card not like his glossary, Kenobi Sux, Lolz

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I think grevious squads are great, but against mando scouts I'm not sure.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think this could do fantastic verses Mando Scouts... In a 150, how many will you see? If someone wants to run 3-6, I'm perfectly fine with that ;)

I'll out activate them thanks to San, then I can base them or move near by for the next turn. They need 19's to hit me in cover, or 14's with opportunist (which they shouldn't be able to get)

Not to say Fool isn't skilled, but the dice would have to suck mightily for this squad to lose to some Scouts or it would have to be stuck on Korriban :P

<Joruus> - (its VASSAL, so you'll crit or roll a 1)
*** 1d20B = 1 *** <Yodarulz>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:30 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

They'll need 10's with a quartermaster :wink: I dont think it's a matter of playing skill, its the fact that Mando Scouts can rip apart pretty much anything (not anything, just a ton of stuff, IG-86's included) As for the squad, it is excellent.

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:35 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'd drop one Assassin and toss in T3. He gets the bonuses and gives some additional Door Control (not to mention auto damage).

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I'd drop one Assassin and toss in T3. He gets the bonuses and gives some additional Door Control (not to mention auto damage).

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. One extra override in many to most situations will not benefit this squad as much as the 60 HP, 22 Defense, +21 attack for 30 damage with Twin. The IG droids are just RIDICULOUS with Grevious and the more you have the better you should do. (To an extent. :D)

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo