--Surgical Strike--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
35 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
33 Captain Rex
18 Jar Jar Binks
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(149pts. 6 activations)

I haven't been on much as of late, but this new look of the Republic is definitely sparking my interest again. :D

Yoda on Round ONE has a 28 square range (R2 Tow 12 + Base Speed of 10 + Master Speed 6) WITH Galloping Attack AND because of greater mobile, he can double at the end of that move. (If you want to only use Galloping Attack then he has a 38 square range. :D ) Alternately, Qui-Gon has a 24 square range (R2 Tow 12 + Base Speed of 6 + Master Speed 6) in which he can double attack at the end of or Lightsaber sweep.

Only 6 activations seems like an issue, but this squad doesn't care if it moves last, it just needs to move. With the incredible movement of this squad it can easily close in to the enemy in the matter of only a couple turns. Commanders are NOT safe and the name 'Surgical Strike' is what that signifies. Qui and Yoda will reach the enemies commanders and severely injure a squad within the first few turns of the game. A possible 80 damage from 18+ squares away is just awesome.

Jar-Jar plays an important role here, and simply needs to advance behind Qui and Yoduck so when the going gets rough, he can take some heat off of Yoda and Qui. The other really cool thing about this squad is BECAUSE of it's mobility, it can run in, kill some stuff, then run away the next turn and hide. Rex is great at controlling gambit by picking off any uggos that try to get in there.

Now I haven't playtested this and the last game I played was months ago, but I see some serious potential in this squad. :D It will struggle heavily against High HP/High Damage standalone figures and will suffer vs. Vong, but I think it could overcome it in the right situation.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: Surgical Strike
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:31 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

--Surgical Strike--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
35 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
23 Padme Amidala, Senator
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 8 activations)

Same principle as the original, Yoda and Qui have some ridiculous range to get into base and take out commanders fast. Padme lets them do even more damage. Lando is a support shooter who can also take advantage of Padme's CE.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo