logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rebellious Kel Dors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:49 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Here is a squad that I ran yesterday at Yottaquest. I went 3-0 with it taking on two different Mando Squad and a Rebel squad featuring Luke, CotF and Old Ben. After playing the squad, I realize that it is too gimicky for my tastes and requires too much thinking - at least more than I wish to do while I am out trying to have fun.

Mon Mothma - 23pts
Captain Antilles - 20pts
Jabba, Crime Lord - 15pts
Lobot - 27pts
Mas - 8pts
Kel Dor Bounty Hunters x4 - 52pts
Ugnaught - 3pts

My map choice was JC's Jedi Enclave.
Lobot brought in: Muun Tactics Broker and 4 Ugnaughts

The idea for the squad was to to use the Kel Dors to their fullest, taking advantage of the Cunning Attack if you could not base a main opponent. Soften the opponents this way and then detonate them with the Muun the next round. They explode for 40pts and then can use Mon Mothma's CE for a Cunning Attack worth another 30pts (40pts is it was Fringe). The Muun actually helped out as he benefited from both Jabba and Antilles too for a wopping +11/30 damage against an unactivated Fringe piece.

Moving forward, I would probably replace Antilles with some additional pieces. I did not face too many Fringe pieces to really justify Antilles yesterday. Outside of T3, the only Fringe I saw was Ugnaughts. Replacing Antilles for another Kel Dor and a couple more Ugnaughts might be better. It would give you two more rounds of fodder to kill off with the Muun and another Kel Dor who could continue to put the hurting on the opponent's squad.

I think this squad would have much better potential if there was a commander for the Republic that granted Opportunist.