logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Boba Fett Bounty Hunter, like him or no?
Total votes : 0

Post subject: Boba's Red Carpet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

So as much as I despise Boba BH I think that this squad will work quite well with him. (Personally for the aspect of fun I would swap Boba for Jango and 2 Uggs.)

Boba BH 62
CC Gree 18
R2 Astro 9
WFF x4 52
Ugg x3

Simple, yet effective. With Boba and his jetpack I have an incredible range of attacking. 18 squares with flight to get LOS is nothing to scoff at and this allows me to sit back and fire away. When the enemy begins to advance on me I have 4 Wookiees (200 total HP, 120 Damage if each charges once) to occupy the opponent while Boba continues to fire shots down range. Gree is also a decent shooter as he is very mobile. I have yet to playtest this, however if it performs like I think it will it could be devasting.

What do you think? Am I just going crazy thinking that squads are good when they really aren't again? Thanks guys. I added a poll for a little flavor.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

You really do love WFFs, don't you? :lol:

But seariously, it can hold it's own. Just tie up enemy beatsticks, and you'll do alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:32 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

SirStevee wrote:

But seariously, it can hold it's own. Just tie up enemy beatsticks, and you'll do alright.

WFF's and SC's have made this game beyond awesome for me. They do things unimaginable for their cost.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:46 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

thejumpingflea wrote:
SirStevee wrote:

WFF's and SC's have made this game beyond awesome for me. They do things unimaginable for their cost.

yeah, the WFF rock, especially since they can be on Rebel, Republic, and even Imperial squads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:17 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Awesome as usuall Flea, I wanna play against this squad one of these days. (and get my but handed to me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:06 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

WFF are among the best grunts in the game without a doubt; nasty squad!

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:13 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I agree that this is a very good squad. You have a good mix of ways to do damage and a lot of mobility. Also, it doesn't rely on CEs to be effective so you don't have to worry about the squad-killer that is Disruptive. I don't really see too many weaknesses to this squad, except for the low attack of the WFFs. But still, I don't think that it's something that you are going to have to worry about. Just remember, they aren't melee so you can combine fire if you feel the need.

As far as the roll, I voted that I don't like him. I just think he over-simplifies a rather complex game of strategy and maneuvering. He's great too teach someone the basics of the game, but I think he's relied on too much by some more experienced players.

GVL Record: 10-7 (58.8% win percentage)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:07 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I might give this a try for my 150 game next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:53 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

thejumpingflea wrote:
SirStevee wrote:

This is so true for me as well. I find when I'm wondering what to put in a squad I just throw these guys in. Very acessible even for the Republic with Gree being a pretty good commander and making them a point cheaper as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Goat wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:
SirStevee wrote:

This is so true for me as well. I find when I'm wondering what to put in a squad I just throw these guys in. Very acessible even for the Republic with Gree being a pretty good commander and making them a point cheaper as well.

The thing is though, these pieces I never treat as throw in's. My best 100 point squad is built around SC's and many of my builds use multiple Wooks as my blitz force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:57 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

thejumpingflea wrote:
Goat wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:
SirStevee wrote:

The thing is though, these pieces I never treat as throw in's. My best 100 point squad is built around SC's and many of my builds use multiple Wooks as my blitz force.

the fleas squad is clever i like it. use jango though he is cooler.