logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Imperial Hill
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:26 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I really love the activating lightning from Tyranus. Being able to activate a main character is HUGE in today's game! After playing the VAU, i wondered if a decent team could be made with the Imps. I have a hard time finding the support as they really dont have a shooter that rivals Aurra. Here is what i came up with:

Ozzel
Vader's Apprentice, Unleashed
Vader, Unleashed
Lobot
x3 ugs
caamasi
150pts

It has something of an MTB engine, although it will be weak. I would probably bring in a gonk to make sure it dies, but i still have about 9 rounds before i get into trouble if i go with four ugs (otherwise i would have 6 with an MTB).

I thought about using Vader because his force isnt completely worthless if he hits force immunity. He has his Throw. Otherwise the apprentice can hit for 50 and activate the character, and if need be, Vader can choke for 40 more if he cant double attack. His 23 DEF and dark armor should be the equivalent of Dooku's powers.

Anyone think this can work?

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject: Re: Imperial Hill
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:44 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Heh, I've been seriously considering trying to come up with some idea utilizing Vader's Apprentice with Emperor Fel, as you could activate the enemy, and then Triple Attack them with Opportunist, which would outright kill any but 11 pieces in the game, except for getting a Block/Parry in there.

You will struggle with this squad on ranged heavy maps, I think, though the 90 damage combination of Vader and VAU is pretty fearsome. The biggest thing I would worry about.....what do you do against San Hill? Your only real trick with this squad is to utilize the MTB to get off the stuns. Sure, Vader is decent on his own, but he really needs somebody to help keep the heat off of him, and I just don't know if VAU can do that outside of Lightning.

Honestly though, I can't really figure any ranged pieces that you could easily use to support VAU (maybe Boba Merc) and still get a decent number of activations in there.

Post subject: Re: Imperial Hill
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:21 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

this is better than the other one you posted but it still is trying to recreate a build that is pretty much optimal in another faction.

Your only advantage is the ability to target SS with vaders throw. You have no MTB deterent and VAU is pretty weak for what he does.

It might be fun to play but it think you'll have trouble seriously competing with it.