Name Calling Internet Bully

Squad number 2 of my favorite Hoth Echo Base abusers:

57 Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander
46 Mandalorian Supercommando x2
34 Mandalorian Gunslinger x2
4 Gran Raider
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 9 activations)

This one is better than it looks. Boba is a beast. Missiles provides a nice anti-MTB ability on the Hoth map. Boba's Penetration and the SCs can take out the Snowspeeder in one round, and lots of accurate/cunning attackers to take advantage of the long range shots that develop on this map in the first few rounds. Good defensive abilities like evade and mobile help a lot also. Low activations so hiding is easier, and no force users to nerf JH abilities such as the Vong and Aurra JH.

Off my map, not quite as good (same as most squads), but this one holds up pretty well. With all the accurate shot, forcing me to go second doesn't really hurt my cunning attackers a whole lot. Alternately, you can turn one SC into a Blademaster for a more melee protection, but I prefer the shooters most of the time at 150.

You will also notice a lack of Lobot and no MTB option for this one. I am counting on playing this squad in a meta that contains lots of MTB counters and Lobot is just a big liability on the Hoth map. I also really don't care about tempo control squads because I am just not going to give them a lot of end of round shots. Want to set up end of round with the MTB against me? Go ahead. After I survive the strike, you will lose your big figure from all the powerful shooters unless I roll really poorly. SCs are a +10 and GSs are +9/13. Boba is +13/17. And there are a lot of dmg boosters with the Mandos.

And just to be clear, Lou won a tournament in K-zoo last weekend with this squad, minus one SC and adding Lando DS instead (which I have no issue with). And this was without its best map being legal. Try it out, Mandos are competitive with the best out there right now.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Boba and Mandos
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I played almost this exact squad (4th Ug instead of the gran) last week. I went 1-1 with it. First game was a blow out vs a NR squad. The accurate shooting just chewed them up. The loss was vs an Imp SS squad with Vader added in. That one I lost by points (34/39) when time ran out just after I'd finally managed to chase down and kill the Moff. If I'd had warning that time was getting close I wouldn't have wasted shots on Vader (I knocked off about 90 from him) and instead gone for small stuff just for points I'd have won. Fun squad to play though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:44 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

That looks like the optimum build right now. I have faced Boba/gunslingers and they lack a punch, and Boba/SCs that lack survivability. This is pretty much what i have advised them to go for. I usually tell them to add a commander for mobile but that is a play style choice.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:53 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

The only thing is that SuperCommandos can't mobile, so they shoot once and just sit there for the counter attack. I'd maybe take 1 out for a few more activations.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:43 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Oh, and then we can give them a commander who makes it so you only activate 1, and then a commander with master tactician, and then never tell me the odds, oh and don't neglect your piece with disintegration... :mrgreen:
I hope they give give them superstealth, just give all them sheilds 2. (As the ones during the Mandalorian Wars uses power shields.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:50 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

you forgot a non-unique peice that has rapport for mando peices and drop them 1 point to add.

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]