logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 2 Squads for a tournament
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:30 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Ive been playing in a tournament thats started in April, and only have 2 more game sessions to go. Basically weve been doing 3 games of 100, 150, 200 point builds every 2 weeks and adding up the accumulated points to see who will take the overall winner. Currently im in second place, behind only by 139 points (damn General Mace lasting the time limit!), but I want to sweep these last 2 sessions very quickly.

These last 2 sessions are unlimited games, so long as you dont play the same player twice in a row. Should be about 30 minutes for each, spanning about 3-4 hours. It will be 150 point build, faction based, with gambit, but not restricted on DCI maps for the specific builds. Basically, any of the maps that come with the game are open to choice.

Anyways, the 2 squads im building are based on being able to engage and kill my enemy quickly, with minimal loss as much as possible.

Heres squad #1:

--Han Swarm--
27 Lobot
25 Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
11 Ithorian Commander
9 General Dodonna
8 Wicket
70 Aqualish Assassin x10
(150pts. 15+ activations)

Ive seen similar builds on these boards, and considering the time delay and everything, this would be very effective I would think. Great swarm group, good to use against door control or SS. Effective against Vong or things like ATST build (someone did this 2 weeks ago). Weak against high hp jedi squads and Jedi swarm killers. (Bane, etc)

Second squad:

--Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunters--
34 Nom Anor
21 Yuuzhan Vong Shaper
60 Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunter x3
19 Yomin Carr
4 Gran Raider
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
(150pts. 11 activations)

Obviously this can be used against the squads that the above squad would have difficulty with. Both squads rely on being able to move in and hit my target hard and drop him before he can drop me.

The first squad relies heavily on being able to out activate my opponent then rush in and clean up targets, preferably reducing their numbers in 1/2 very quickly. The second squad is there to tank, but when they do, they do alot of damage quickly, especially against powerful jedi.

Any thoughts on improvement or major flaws?

Post subject: Re: 2 Squads for a tournament
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:48 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

No comment?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:48 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Squad #1 is a pretty basic Han ST swarm. Squad #2 looks fun, but a Ugnaught I'd rather have then a Gran.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:56 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Well, I threw the Gran out instead of the ugnaught because I would be at 149. An extra ugnaught I figured wouldn't make much of a difference and would basically be extra points just for activation. I figured with the Gran, I could dish out a little 20 damage sacrificial bomb at the enemy if I needed it.

As for the game type, do you think these 2 squads could effectively take on most squads you can think of in rapid session? Any squads you can think of that could beat both?

[Edit - Just realized If forgot to mention that for the tournament you can alternate between which squads you can use, but only use one at the board. So basically, look at my opponents 2 squads and decide on the one that would be the best to fight either. Then, for my next opponent, use the same squad or switch to the other.]