Imperial Dignitaries

http://www.swshoebox.com/displaySquad.c ... &arg=74016

JWM x2 52
Padme 15
Gree 18
WFF x4 52
R2 Astro 9
Gran Raider 4

So this is my newest idea. After seeing TEM's "Republican Wookiees" I really thought about them in Republic. Their weakness was the fact that once they got into base they couldn't do much. Now they base (Doing 30 damage on the way in) and BG the JWM's that are also in base via Padme. The Wookiees allow 200 HP of BG'in and this makes the JWM's even harder to kill. Against Missle and 'Nades squads I will just take out the threats asap with the Wooks. What do you think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:26 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It is going to have a hard time with disruptive obviously, but other than that it looks good.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:27 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It is going to have a hard time with disruptive obviously, but other than that it looks good.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:24 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sithdragon13 wrote:

I honestly don't see how. 2 Wookiees can take out either Talon or R2P0 from 12 squares away quite easily. Nym is never seen played at 150 and if he was I would need to take him out fast due to his 'nades 40 anyways. Disruptive will fall fast against this and than I can resume using Padme to spread the damage all around.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:06 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thejumpingflea wrote:
Sithdragon13 wrote:

I honestly don't see how. 2 Wookiees can take out either Talon or R2P0 from 12 squares away quite easily. Nym is never seen played at 150 and if he was I would need to take him out fast due to his 'nades 40 anyways. Disruptive will fall fast against this and than I can resume using Padme to spread the damage all around.

*sigh* Why do people always assume that the piece that is going to give them problems is going to be sitting front and center waiting for them to take it out?

Against good players, you won't be given the chance to take out their disruptive pieces without ignoring their power pieces like Mara/Jaina or whatever the rebel build is. You may eventually get your shot on them, but i wouldn't bank on it.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:13 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Sithdragon13 wrote:
*sigh* Why do people always assume that the piece that is going to give them problems is going to be sitting front and center waiting for them to take it out?

Against good players, you won't be given the chance to take out their disruptive pieces without ignoring their power pieces like Mara/Jaina or whatever the rebel build is. You may eventually get your shot on them, but i wouldn't bank on it.

Agreed. Its not like you need disruptive out in the middle leading the charge. Its the same debate as the guys who say, "well I can shoot the stormies against B&B so they are not a problem". That only works if you can see the stormies.

Same logic applies here. And what happens when the disruptive piece comes with a BG???

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:56 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Another thought, too is that a lot of NR people will play Talon for the recon first and the disruptive second, so he is usually in back somewhere. As the beats move in and engage, then he moves up. If timed right you then have to decide, do you go after talon and leave mara alone, or do you go after Mara and leave recon and disruptive in play?

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:33 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

As for Nym, don't underestimate him... he's 48, but he's a beast. I agree he's more deadly in 200, but my 150 squad based around him worked very well the times I've played it...

That having been said, your idea still makes a very solid squad. JWM are fine on their own, as you know... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:11 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

JWMs arent a big threat unless you run them in packs of at least three. one or two can be overpowered, but you get three or more going and all of a sudden you cant do enough to stop them.

-Obi wan

Post subject: Re: Jedi and Wookiees
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:05 pm 

thejumpingflea wrote:
Their weakness was the fact that once they got into base they couldn't do much.

I like your thoughts on how to use the WFFs once into base as bgs. But I think 150 is not their place in the republic as bgs.

The alternative answer to this issue, and the one I prefer, is to use the WFF swarm with a Rebel Leader. That way, the ones who charged at the end of the last round, become your spotters for the chargers in the following round. And should you kill the piece without needing spotter, they are free to charge again.

It really works well, you still get a ton of WFFs and hence hps, and no need for Gree.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:57 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Because it is a logical worry. I ran my gencon squad, but i knew it was an auto loss against B&B nad would have a hard time with JWMs. Guess what three of my four losses were to? There is such a good chance of running into the disruptive pieces that you do have to worry about it. If you were worried about running into a nikto then you would have less reason to worry. :)

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:30 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sithdragon13 wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:
Sithdragon13 wrote:

Normally I see exactly the reason for the sigh. This time however I don't see it. Disruptive needs to be within 6 of my Wookiee or Padme to begin working. My wookiees each have a range of 12 squares to do 30 damage. I would gladly take an AoO with 2 of my wookiees to take out a key piece such as R2P0 or Talon Karrde. IMHO this is completely different than comparing it to something like B&B where I could just shoot the Storms. They are across the field and this is 6 squares. A little different if you ask me.

Post subject: Re: Jedi and Wookiees
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:33 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:
Their weakness was the fact that once they got into base they couldn't do much.

I like your thoughts on how to use the WFFs once into base as bgs. But I think 150 is not their place in the republic as bgs.

The alternative answer to this issue, and the one I prefer, is to use the WFF swarm with a Rebel Leader. That way, the ones who charged at the end of the last round, become your spotters for the chargers in the following round. And should you kill the piece without needing spotter, they are free to charge again.

It really works well, you still get a ton of WFFs and hence hps, and no need for Gree.

Your way is by far the superior way of using them at base, however I was just trying a different approach. What the Wookiees lack with Rebels is anyother offense support that I can get with Rep. (IE JWM's) This idea of mine would probably work better in 200.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:25 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the squad. Good power output, good HP. It might suffer to missles, and lightning, obviously. But it won't be that be that bad, because you won't be that stupid to leave them all adjacent. It looks like a fun squad to try out, but probably not too competative, because of the lack of powerful shooters. It is a good squad, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:27 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Yet another squad from thejumpingflea i see

Lots of health, two of the best uncommons in the game, looks good

You only have two shooters, that could hurt you....then again your opponent has a whole ton of health to chew through, and decent force powers

The only weakness might be Padme, most squads know how to play against JWM's and WFF's, once Padme goes down you lose the synergy between the two pieces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:36 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

adder wrote:
Yet another squad from thejumpingflea i see

Lots of health, two of the best uncommons in the game, looks good

You only have two shooters, that could hurt you....then again your opponent has a whole ton of health to chew through, and decent force powers

The only weakness might be Padme, most squads know how to play against JWM's and WFF's, once Padme goes down you lose the synergy between the two pieces

I agree with adder lots of health to chew through, however the lack of shooters shouldn't matter the wookies and weapon masters can move... far.
looks good flea, you da' maestro flea!!!!!!