Imperial Dignitaries

--Guns, Blades and Bombs--
60 Darth Caedus
38 Boba Fett, Enforcer
27 Lobot
13 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
(150pts. 8+ activations) MTB Engine

Bring in the MTB and either 4 Uggos or Wicket and an Ug. Use Boba to provide steady fire while Caedus builds his force. You should engage on turn 4 (with 6 FP's stocked) This allows full use of Caedus' FP's and give a lot of umph to this build. Caedus doing a possible 120 damage is nothing to scoff at.

The issue I see here is that Caedus needs time to be effective while it is the opposite for the MTB. You really only need 2-3 turns of initiative control with Caedus and this gives this to him though.

Whadd'ya think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: --Guns, Blades and Bombs--
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:25 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I always was under the impression that Caedus could only deal out 100 damage a round (without crits, of course). When using the Aing-Ti Flow Walking you can't use Rage, so it would be 2x 30 and 2x 20 dmg. There are better (and cheaper) ways to deal out major damage than him. Let us hope for some Sith that boost his damage output, otherwise he will be a fun mini, but not more really.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:10 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hmm, I stand corrected then. That makes him more interesting though I think that he still is not quite worth his points due to lack of support.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:54 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

But that's what Wicket is for :P

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:28 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I ran something similar to this last week for our 150pts tournaments. My squad consisted of:

60 Darth Caedus
33 Deliah Blue
27 Lobot
13 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
11 Human Bodyguard
06 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 7+ activations) MTB Engine

Each match I brought in the MTB Engine (MTB + 4 Ugs.) and ended the night 2-2. What I thought hurt my squad the most was that Deliah just did not have the survivibility needed for the squad. In both my loses, Deliah was picked off at some point with Cunning Attacks. Fett would have probably been the better choice looking back on things. Caedus did quite well and actually took out Kyle fairly easily in my one match. Don't count on pulling off the Flow Walking more than once though. Once he is out in the open, you will likely need to use Illusion at some point. The Human Bodyguard worked well although I should have probably kept him more with Deliah. The Kel Dor was awesome. I managed to self-destruct causing the extra damage when needed. He also helped pick off the scrubs or peck at the beatsticks.

My loses came to a Rebel Dodonna squad with Han Scoundrel and Luke Hoth. I could have done better against this squad had I not made a mistake in my set-up. I allowed an Elite Commando to override a door and Han twin attacking Deliah with Cunning during the first round. From that point on, it was an up-hill battle. The other loss was against a NR Dodonna squad with Han Hero and Boba Fett, BH. Initiative hurt here as I had Fett to 10hp left and Caedus was only had a 30 on him. He won initiative and Fett and Han took care of Cadeus. Han kept the MTB working being effective, but all the extra activatations levels the playing field with Dodonna.

Hopefully that recap helps you see some of the issues with this type of squad build. What I did like about this squad was that it does not rely on commander effects. I saw a lot of disruptive and none really mattered. There is a lack of support though I think in this build. The Kel Dor is a great scare piece, but his 10 damage isn't enough to keep people afraid of him. Even when you base him for the possible self-destruct, 10 damage is low enough for people to take the AoO and then fire out of the self-destruct range. The MTB also helps. In both games where I fought an opponent with NTMTO, I had enough pieces on the board to counter act the Dodonna effect, going 1-1 against NTMTO the night.