Loda 70
Princess Leia 20
R2PO 18
Lando, DS 18
Dodonna 9
Wicket 8
Ug x2 6

149 points, 8 activations

Loda is by himself a formidable piece, Leia gives him 2 extra big attacks, R2PO gives door control, and Lando causes interference. Dodonna for tempo control and Wicket to help Loda with some of the bigger targets. I know this squad will bite the dust to Vong and Thrawn and possibly SS. Im thinking about running this (or something close to it) for the LGS's next tourney.

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject: Re: My Little Green Friend
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:04 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

one major mistake. Leia will fail you against disruptive. When using a melee piece like Loda, you have to have another decent threat to take Leia's CE. So you have two options. Work in a Rebel Shooter in Lando's place, or run a Bothan Noble to gain the option to pump Lando instead.

One option I run, is with Lando and two Bothans. Another would be to replace Lando with an Elite Rebel Commando.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:05 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

what about

Loda 70
Lando, DS 18
R2PO 18
Dodonna 9
ERC 32
Ug 3

2 more Overrides and scrub killers. Would this do better? Or should i trade Lando for a Commando Strike Leader?

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:28 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

contemplating how to best make use of your new pieces I see... Nice to see someone getting some use of things I just had sitting in a box since Gen-con Last year :p

I personally think that in a Loda build it can be handy to have Han Solo, Rogue for the simple purpose of shutting down opposing initiative control. I'm not sure this is optimal but I like the following Squad a lot

30 Han Rogue
70 Loda
20 Princess Leia
18 R2-PO
12 4 x Ugo

The problem with a squad like this, is of course Tempo control, but you should be able to deal with that by picking off the snipable pieces early, anyhow that is my two cents.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:13 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

i still think Dodonna should be in there. Tempo control is very important IMO, sometimes even more useful than init control (sometimes)

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:09 am 

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
30 Han Rogue
70 Loda
20 Princess Leia
18 R2-PO
12 4 x Ugo

This is close, but its better as this:
Loda
Han Rogue
Princess Leia
Dodonna
R2-D2
Ugo X4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I see what you are saying bill, but I don't like to go without the disruptive, sometimes you just need to take away some synergy. Especially when going up against squads like Ithorian Commander and Han in Stormtrooper Armor (Maybe these are just especially prevalent in my own venue) but they usually also have Princess Leia Hoth Commander, and I like to take away the ability to get pieces back after I kill them. So yes it is a counter build and your solution does take care of the problem with tempo control squads.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:31 am 

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
I see what you are saying bill, but I don't like to go without the disruptive, sometimes you just need to take away some synergy. Especially when going up against squads like Ithorian Commander and Han in Stormtrooper Armor (Maybe these are just especially prevalent in my own venue) but they usually also have Princess Leia Hoth Commander, and I like to take away the ability to get pieces back after I kill them. So yes it is a counter build and your solution does take care of the problem with tempo control squads.

The change is then to drop R2 for Juno instead, not Dodonna.

But yes, you need to build to your local meta. So if yours is as you say, then you likely won't need Dodonna.

Where I take issue with your plan though, is that you are giving up the ability to slow play a swarm, which should have Dodonna as well, to at least get them to commit some figures before you go, for the ability to take away the returning for one round.

A good player will kill your disruptive piece first, and 60hps vs 40 isn't enough of a difference for the preventative measures Dodonna provides in my book.

And of course a smart swarm player won't be playing Leia HC anyways if its a competitive build, opting to spend her points on more grunts and taking away the issue with disruptive somewhat. If I am running AAs with Han and the IC, I am perfectly happy to still attack at +11 for 20 against the disruptive pieces for a couple of hits.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

ya, my local meta doesnt do much with disruptive. theres about 6 people (other than myself) and the most popular squads are built around 1 beat with a couple scrubs. Ive seen disruptive once (in Kyle, JBM) So i think Leia will still work.

-Thomas Edison