Imperial Dignitaries

--Jade Cannon--
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
45 Garm Bel Iblis
39 Wolf Sazen
9 General Dodonna
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
(150pts. 8+ activations)

After seeing how good Mara and Dodonna can be recently I have decided to take on a new project. This is the rough draft, but I like how it looks. Garm brings in a Bothan Noble and Rauntaun in most scenarios. This gives Mara an extra twin or can give Wolf an extra opportunist punch. Wolf at the end of a round can move 4, double for 60 damage, get the extra attack and do an additional 30 for a total of 90 damage. At the same time Mara can do a possible 120 damage at the end of a round if she gets into base. At the beginning of rounds Mara can run 6, make four attacks for 120 damage and then make 2 more attacks for 60 via Bothan for a total of 180 early round damage. She is also a very potent shooter that can do a possible 80 damage at range using the Bothan.

All in all this squad is pretty adaptive I think. While in most cases Garm brings in the Taun/Noble, he can be open to adjustment. Golan, ERC, activations, CorSec Officer, etc all can be game changing against the right squads and with a late and early round punch this squad can really mess with things. What it lacks though is an accurate shooter and that does worry me, however I think Mara can get the job done.

Whadd'ya think?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: Jade Cannon
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:31 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

When I look at garm, I have to ask myself, "What is his commander effect doing for my squad?" In yours he is allowing one character to gain an extra attack if he only moves 3-4 squares. I don't think Garm is worth his points in this squad, perhaps the concept would work better in 200.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have been trying to get Garm in 150 for a long time. I think if you are playing him in 150 you are pretty much paying for the reinforcements of Rebels and not so much the CE. You just have to make those pieces worth the cost and not get them killed right away. The lack of accurate is a problem, but you would be basically playing this squad as having 2 melee beats anyway with the ability to shoot with Mara as a bonus. Their HP's are a little fragile so you have the finesse factor, but they are 25 and 24 in cover, so you should be able to advance across the board without too much worry. When I see this squad it reminds me of a San Hill type where the personality of the player is a big factor. In the right hands this could be devastating and probably the current best use of Garm at 150. I could probably play this squad well against my friends and my LGS, but then lose horrificly against you guys. :boba:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:39 pm 
General
General

Jade cannon is a good idea. I posted a similar 200 point build on WotC

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777