55 Kazdan Paratus
30 Han Solo, Rogue
20 Princess Leia
18 C-3PO and R2-D2
13 Rebel Trooper on Tauntaun
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 8 activations)

I decided to give Kazdan another chance (as I had pretty much written him off before). I figure that without his Reinforcements, he's about on par with a JWM (more HP, less Defense, Surprise Move instead of Assault, Riposte, and Sweep). If you took the 30 points (from Droid Reinforcements 30) away from his cost, he'd cost 25 points, which is about right considered his similarity to a JWM (at 26 points). That's not completely fair though, because you aren't guaranteed the 30 points of reinforcements, and even if you get them, they count for points when they die, so that lowers their worth a bit too. So he's not quite as cost efficient as a JWM. But what Jedi is? I think he's not bad for his points, and I want to make sure I give him a fair shot before dismissing him.

This squad has NTMTO and Recon to maximize his chances of getting Reinforcements. I realize that Anticipation and Recon in a Republic squad gives better odds than just Recon, but the MTB ruins that squad really quickly. Light Spirit is really nice for Kazdan. He doesn't need the Mettle much, but Force Renewal combined with Block, Deflect, and Surprise Move is very potent. Han Rogue is really a decent shooter when he's boosted by Leia. Kazdan can also get Leia's CE if he needs to. There's an effective combo with: win init, Surprise Move adjacent to someone, then Double Attack and attack again with Leia's CE for 70 damage.

Reinforcements would likely be Crab Droids or Junk Golems. But there is definitely flexibility based on the matchup and the specific needs of the skirmish.

Do you think something like this could work? Is there a better way to use Kazdan at 150?

Post subject: Re: A Paratus Squad
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:24 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I used Kaz in a game last week. I had Quinlan and Quiggy (cotf) so that I could roll multiple times for initiave. I ended up getting 90 points worth of droids against the vong I was playing!!!

I like him in the republic better than rebels. However your build is pretty solid!

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]